Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Syrian refugee attacked at Huddersfield school

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And you in other words:

"If you see the world differently to me, I will harangue you and call you racist. If you persist I will insult you and belittle you". I am sure you are a programmed bot.

Right back atcha baby! I have a view that’s different to yours , you repeatedly call me a bot sent to turn radicalise people to the right. See, you can’t even take responsibility for your own opinions! You’ve been radicalised by a robot! Have you read any of your posts back to yourself!!
So free speach and differing views are fine as long as they align with yours ? Nice one.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Come on - "ban", "ignore", "do one" - do you want to pretend the world is only full of people who share your views? It is a classic of the modern, social media world that we cannot tolerate anyone with a different view, leading to even greater polarisation. I would guess that very few people who write on this forum would be genuinely unpleasant or "evil" if you met them in the flesh - gosh, El Presidente even said that Das Reich is a nice chap in person.

So, Harry, it is up to us ex-HCGSB pupils to take a step back and see how we can accept that different views and values do not make people bad or worthy of rejection. May even help us grow.....

Nah. Anyone who thinks it's fine to attack a lad with a broken arm is a gold plated **** as far as I'm concerned. Even if they are kind to their dear old mum. I see you got a thumbs up from the **** I blocked for getting abusive when I disagreed with him. Fancy that.

D

Deleted member 22389

Nah. Anyone who thinks it's fine to attack a lad with a broken arm is a gold plated **** as far as I'm concerned. Even if they are kind to their dear old mum. I see you got a thumbs up from the **** I blocked for getting abusive when I disagreed with him. Fancy that.

Where have I been abusive to you?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Where have I been abusive to you?

Not you. Read what I wrote.

Not impressed with your thumbs upping the patronizing post to me about accepting the views of others. I don't accept the views of bullies and racists and never will. It isn't anything to joke about.

D

Deleted member 22389

Not impressed with your thumbs upping the patronizing post to me about accepting the views of others. I don't accept the views of bullies and racists and never will. It isn't anything to joke about.

I'm no racist, nor do I think bullying people is acceptable. Like the post said we are all nice people, that's what the thumbs up was for. We don't go around the streets spouting EDL like people think, all we do is have conversations online here, talk with friends and neighbours about the state of the country like everyone else.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough

I didn't mean to patronise you (The Clamp maybe, but not you). I just want to stop some of the divisiveness. The world will not heal on the premise that we will ultimately defeat all evil thoughts, ideas and actions.....it never has, after all.

PLUS

See bashlsdir's post above. Do you really think anyone on this board condones racism or bullying? The argument is more about what we focus on and how we see things.

Last edited:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
This board is about opinions, right or wrong we all have opinions
We are all different and we are all unique.
People need to get their heads round that and respect opinions without the name calling stuff

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There are far too many people in this country eligible to vote, who don’t possess the mental capacity to form a reasoned opinion, who cancel out the votes of those that do. They will, unfortunately, drag the overall census result down to their uneducated, racist and bigoted level.

A lot of them didn’t used to vote, but now the racists have got their teeth into this ‘politics business’. Social media cuts both ways, it turns out it wasn’t just the panacea for those wanting to vandalise a statue of Churchill, trash Starbucks, don a Yasser keffiyah and hate Jews.

But I have faith that decent people will win the day. The vast majority of posters here have a heart for the Syrian lad, which is telling.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
After being asked last night “do you speak English “ in a very are you a foreigner way last night this doesn’t surprise me at all sadly. I can only amagine what it must be like to live here as a foreign boy. If that is the way they treat southern visitors.

Hmm I lived there for nine years, as a southerner and had no problems.
Dewsbury was a strange place in the 70s especially with inverted snobbery.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hmm I lived there for nine years, as a southerner and had no problems.
Dewsbury was a strange place in the 70s especially with inverted snobbery.

My family’s roots are from Batley & Dewsbury, I still have relatives there. It’s an often divided community, white english who generally do not mix with those with pakistani heritage. It’s the same picture in many towns and cities either side of the Pennines.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My family’s roots are from Batley & Dewsbury, I still have relatives there. It’s an often divided community, white english who generally do not mix with those with pakistani heritage. It’s the same picture in many towns and cities either side of the Pennines.
I didn't have any problems with the Asian community. As my post said, it was inverted snobbery from my neighbours. As my ex had just finished in the Navy, we got a council house. Some of our neighbours were pit workers etc. I had a young baby, but found it very difficult to get to know anyone. We had eggs thrown at the car and front door, and a couple of women say directly to my face, You're too posh for us. It didn't matter that my Mum & Dad lived in council properties back in Sussex, I was a southerner, and that was enough.
Thankfully it didn't take long to get our deposit for our own home and move elsewhere.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'm no racist, nor do I think bullying people is acceptable. Like the post said we are all nice people, that's what the thumbs up was for. We don't go around the streets spouting EDL like people think, all we do is have conversations online here, talk with friends and neighbours about the state of the country like everyone else.

Your poor neighbours.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I find it strange that they are really straining to prove this wasn’t a racist attack

Maybe its just me,but i find it strange that people like you can say what sort of motivated attack it actually is or isnt when they dont know the facts and simply rely on the media reports.
Im sure the police will investigate appropriately and the charges on the boy will reflect the crime. I only came across this story via NSC this morning when reading this thread so dont know what has happened with prosecution charges. Has the boy been charged with a racially motivated crime? I presume from messages like yours you already have decided the

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Even if that were true, people are still not donating because that lad suffered a few seconds of trauma, are they?

As many people on this thread have pointed out, the donations are because of the child's background / history. He's fled a war zone, and witnessed **** knows what in his young life. He's rocked up here where he should be safe only for his (and his little sister's) life at school to be made hell by the local EDL Youth.

People are sickened / embarrassed / ashamed of that, and a fiver to a crowd-funding page is the one means they have to express that, in the hope of making the kid's life easier.

They stick a finger up to those thugs and all they represent

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Come on - "ban", "ignore", "do one" - do you want to pretend the world is only full of people who share your views? It is a classic of the modern, social media world that we cannot tolerate anyone with a different view, leading to even greater polarisation. I would guess that very few people who write on this forum would be genuinely unpleasant or "evil" if you met them in the flesh - gosh, El Presidente even said that Das Reich is a nice chap in person.

So, Harry, it is up to us ex-HCGSB pupils to take a step back and see how we can accept that different views and values do not make people bad or worthy of rejection. May even help us grow.....

Are you saying that we should accept the views of racists and learn to live with them rather than educate the hatred out of them? Nice people saying racist things on social media can incite the less restrained from taking action.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't have any problems with the Asian community. As my post said, it was inverted snobbery from my neighbours. As my ex had just finished in the Navy, we got a council house. Some of our neighbours were pit workers etc. I had a young baby, but found it very difficult to get to know anyone. We had eggs thrown at the car and front door, and a couple of women say directly to my face, You're too posh for us. It didn't matter that my Mum & Dad lived in council properties back in Sussex, I was a southerner, and that was enough.
Thankfully it didn't take long to get our deposit for our own home and move elsewhere.

I’ve never had a problem with any community, immigrants or ‘race’ of people, probably the same as you. I don’t think about it at all in interactions. Yes, some aggressive groupings of backward idiots in parts of the UK. Demonstrated by the homophobic dimwits at some Albion matches.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I didn't mean to patronise you (The Clamp maybe, but not you). I just want to stop some of the divisiveness. The world will not heal on the premise that we will ultimately defeat all evil thoughts, ideas and actions.....it never has, after all.

PLUS

See bashlsdir's post above. Do you really think anyone on this board condones racism or bullying? The argument is more about what we focus on and how we see things.

OK. Yes, I did feel like you were patronizing me. No worries - nuance is hard to discern in blank verse.

But I do feel there is nothing anyone can say to put this episode into (different) 'perspective' - i.e., frame it in anyway other than racist bullying, with some recompense for the lad concerned. 'Why him' and 'what's the difference from' and 'I've had worse' are all boring and peevish at best. At worst....well....you decide.

I like your posts and thoughtful interventions but on this occasion it read like you were defending the indefensible. Have you ever been a guest on 'Fighting Talk'?

Enjoy your day.

ps - Actually, yes I do think that some people on NSC are racist, and I don't think that having a chat with them is remotely worthwhile. This is mostly because I suspect they are blokes over 40 (and probably older) who are entirely set in their ways.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Maybe its just me,but i find it strange that people like you can say what sort of motivated attack it actually is or isnt when they dont know the facts and simply rely on the media reports.
Im sure the police will investigate appropriately and the charges on the boy will reflect the crime. I only came across this story via NSC this morning when reading this thread so dont know what has happened with prosecution charges. Has the boy been charged with a racially motivated crime? I presume from messages like yours you already have decided the

Decided the....? You’re a master of suspence. We simply don’t know what crap you’ll come out with next! So much fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here