Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] £1.75m for 2500 sq ft house in Roedean . Estate agents been drinking !

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
As an estate agent (at the moment!), I can assure you that the agent very rarely has anything to do with the asking price! Believe me, it’s really not in the agents interest to over-price, especially at the moment.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
As an estate agent (at the moment!), I can assure you that the agent very rarely has anything to do with the asking price! Believe me, it’s really not in the agents interest to over-price, especially at the moment.

I would say any property on the market for longer than three weeks is ****ed and a 50k reduction won’t make the phone ring in many cases!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So who were the famous person(s) who owned it?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Yeah, it appears that sellers haven't quite caught up with the state of the market - 47% of properties currently on sale in Brighton have been reduced by an average of £28k. Perhaps the 'correction' in the market that some want is in progress.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yeah, it appears that sellers haven't quite caught up with the state of the market - 47% of properties currently on sale in Brighton have been reduced by an average of £28k. Perhaps the 'correction' in the market that some want is in progress.

Also prices dropped last few weeks due to Brexit worries. As someone has alluded to they can ask any price they like but what someone is willing to pay is a different matter!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wait, this thread is misleading. It's not £1.75m is it. It's a £1.75 to £1.85 guide price :)

I do like a bit of Estate Agent spin:
'Facing south for the sun, the house is in a prime position looking...' well, at the sun presumably.
Right, so you're saying it's got a north facing garden. Nice.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They only need to get lucky once with a Londoner or Russian willing to cough up say £2.75m. Who go away elated in driving a hard bargain and ‘saving’ a quarter of a million.
I don't think your Londoners or Russian oligarchs got rich by being that stupid.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I don't think your Londoners or Russian oligarchs got rich by being that stupid.

But they did by buying a portfolio of expensive properties "allegedly" using other people's or states money and "allegedly" by buying any assets to squirrel away the cash and hide it from the authorities!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here