Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Annoying habits of your other half

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He posts on here, so I'll just say, he's wonderful. :)

Well if he’s reading his I think we should direct him to all those other threads where you’ve been slating him all these years! ;)

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Talking but not just talk talk, its the incent waffling about people and things I don't know about and frankly don't care about, then going off at tangents and always at the most inopportune moments. Then I get the "you don't care" …. too right I don't care and I have told her a thousand time I don't give a toss if Ethel from works' 3rd cousins friend has just brought a black and white rabbit and always when I am watching a programme I want to watch!

Then there is the times when she asks my opinion on anything, god forbid it does not match her opinion, why frigging ask in the first place if you are not interested in my opinion.

I will stop there, and breath.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mine once complained when she woke up covered in my man fat. Facials when they’re asleep are the funniest ones ffs.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
She always puts glasses that have only been used for wine or water in the sink to presoak and leaves the dishes and cutlery with dried encrusted food on the work top which she never pre-soaks.

I logically do it the other way around, but then she will then do one of two things. She will either take all my soaking plates out of the sink (unwashed) and put them on the side in order to make room for the glasses. Or she will put the glasses in with the dirty, geasy plates so the glasses end up covered in a film of watery grease so require much more vigorous cleaning than before they were put in to soak.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Then there is the times when she asks my opinion on anything, god forbid it does not match her opinion, why frigging ask in the first place if you are not interested in my opinion.

This.... about clothes. If you know I'm not going to like it, but ask my opinion anyway... prepare to be disappointed with my reaction!

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Another one which I find really irritating, if not a little repulsive. After brushing her teeth instead of rinsing the froth residue from around her mouth with water she wipes it on the towel. I really dont get that one. How hard is it to rinse your lips with water. So we end up with froth smeared towels which I have to then use to dry the various parts of my body.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just generally leaving a trail of mess behind her everywhere she goes.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Sure, but I'm not generally about to launch into a long conversation. Just one simple question. And I could understand if he's watching something deeply complex or involving, with a thrilling blink-and-you'll-miss-it denouement. But usually it's something like the second round of the Ulan Baataar Masters on SkyGolf, with the opening pairing of Randy Buttweiper and Travis Schlong IV rolling up to the eleventh hole at three over apiece.

For info, I just tried it on my missus - and she hit the pause button. :lol:

I've been saving the second round of the Ulan Baataar Masters on SkyGolf, with the opening pairing of Randy Buttweiper and Travis Schlong IV rolling up to the eleventh hole at three over apiece until she's out shopping.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Could be a long thread, and could also possibly a dangerous one.

But let's do it anyway. Little things your other half does that annoy, possibly quite irrationally.

I'll start.

If he's watching TV and I walk in and say something, he always has to pause the programme in order to address the conversation and reply. Even if I ask a single question that takes two seconds (like "Are you working tomorrow?"), he has to pause the TV so he doesn't miss anything VITAL in those two seconds. Then he looks at me for confirmation the conversation is over, and presses Play to carry on viewing. I could understand if it was likely to be a long conversation, but when it just requires a yes or no answer...come on!

I don't really know why this annoys me, but it does....nor do I know how he coped before Sky boxes existed... :)
Dump him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is certainly not exclusive to my other half but trying to talk to me from another room. You only catch every other word , the washer is usually on or the TV or radio so I can barely hear them. Just come into the room and talk.
Like everyone else, I'd rather rather stay in the other room.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Another one which I find really irritating, if not a little repulsive. After brushing her teeth instead of rinsing the froth residue from around her mouth with water she wipes it on the towel. I really dont get that one. How hard is it to rinse your lips with water. So we end up with froth smeared towels which I have to then use to dry the various parts of my body.

I find it hard to rinse the froth, but I have a long beard. Does she have the same excuse?

BTW, have you ever tried toothpaste directly on the various parts of your body?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

But let's do it anyway. Little things your other half does that annoy, possibly quite irrationally.

I'll start.

If he's watching TV and I walk in and say something, he always has to pause the programme in order to address the conversation and reply. Even if I ask a single question that takes two seconds (like "Are you working tomorrow?"), he has to pause the TV so he doesn't miss anything VITAL in those two seconds. Then he looks at me for confirmation the conversation is over, and presses Play to carry on viewing. I could understand if it was likely to be a long conversation, but when it just requires a yes or no answer...come on!

I don't really know why this annoys me, but it does....nor do I know how he coped before Sky boxes existed... :)

Try using your walkie talkies to converse, makes it more interesting.............OVER:cool:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Talking but not just talk talk, its the incent waffling about people and things I don't know about and frankly don't care about, then going off at tangents and always at the most inopportune moments. Then I get the "you don't care" …. too right I don't care and I have told her a thousand time I don't give a toss if Ethel from works' 3rd cousins friend has just brought a black and white rabbit and always when I am watching a programme I want to watch!

I will stop there, and breath.
And who said romance was dead :lolol:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

I'll start.

I do exactly the same as your other half! I would put the reverse on here and say how annoying I find it that mine always wants to have conversation while I'm/we're trying to watch something! :lol:

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
You're completely missing the point there Edna. It's not being paused to listen to your question - its being PAUSED to let you KNOW that you've INTERRUPTED his viewing, but he doesn't want to start a row by saying 'shhhhhhhhhh, I'm watching something'. How do I know this ? :whistle::whistle:

Anyway......top for me is Mrs D putting dirty dishes on the worktop above the dishwasher until there is a big collection of them. Put them IN the dishwasher as you create them FFS.

And put them in there in the prescribed manner and order.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

and then she wipes her mouth ........

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here