Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans leaving early, Waxxers, obviously.......

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I think we need to establish a hierarchy. I hereby suggest the following, the 'Brovion Scale', to be applied to all matches.

Didn't go to the game - Armchair fan
Went to the game but left early as I have other things that are as important as football and I need to fit them all in - Fan (Class 2)
Went to the game and stayed to the end as it's disrespectful to leave early and sod the inconvenience - Fan (Class 1)
Went to the game, stayed to the end, brought loads of food and drink - Superfan
Got there early, bought loads of food and drink, stayed to the end then brought loads more food and drink - Uberfan
Got there early, bought loads of food and drink, stayed to the end then brought loads more food and drink, then went into the store and bought all the new kits - Mug punter.

I think this has legs. Could be fine-tuned to recognise super-human endeavour to actually get to the Amex despite SASTA's best efforts?

Could we just add another one:

Didn't go to the game as on holiday in Dubai** but would have gone had I been at home - Bad fan for booking a holiday.

**Insert holiday destination as applicable

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
???
What would be the incentive for people to go online and commit themselves to a time slot when they can leave ? Most people are naturally going to want to get on the earliest one possible. Are you suggesting everyone using the P&R effectively has to apply for a PASS to leave the stadium ?

We don't need one just a £250 annual charge and bingo you have priority access to the special bus where you also get a leftover pie as you board.

How have the club not thought of this yet we are losing £1.8m a month you know

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wasn't there for this game but leaving early really is a pet hate of mine! If you support the team then show it by staying to the end, let the players see your true support by doing so!!!! We're getting a terrible reputation for being early leavers. What does that say to the players about us as supporters!!??

No irony in that post at all........[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Sat in the East yesterday. Never heard such incessant opinionated moaning from the woman behind (who was clearly a STH)..........just a selection (and censored- even though being surrounded by kids didn't seem to curb her language) :

-stewards are completely out of order (they moved a few Lazio at the front that were stood up, to the back)
-the club are f****** s***. Stopping serving beer before kick off. It's f****** ridiculous.............(went on about this for AGES)
-f*****g typical. Changing shirts at half time just to try to make us buy the away shirt
-this game is so boring
-why are there so many subs ?

....etc etc. 90 minutes of it. Not a single positive thing. Think her other half deserves a medal.

Surrounded by kids and their dipstick Dads yesterday.

Felt sorry for them both really :moo:

I should point out I have four grown up kids and they feel sorry for me :ohmy:

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I left my seat in WSL B block on about 80 minutes, excuse me excuse me etc etc.. A chap in a home shirt commented about how I must not be very loyal, I laughed it off, he continued. I then pointed out that this was a pre season friendly and maybe not that important, nope that was not good enough for him, he continued to point to people leaving early being a bad thing. I would sometimes agree, 1-0 down with 5 mins to play? You stay.

I informed him that forty years of supporting the Albion would suggest that I do have some degree of loyalty. His response was to offer me a fight! I walked up the stairs towards the exit laughing and offering the obligatory finger.

Gotta laugh I guess?

I don't think anybody is going to hold you to account for leaving a friendly early, as i'm sure you already knew before posting this.

I don't dispute some knob did what you say, but in my experience it's usually the torential dick heads leaving on 40 & 80 in actual games that look around, desperate for anybody to pass comment so they can start up themselves.

'I CAN DO WATEVA I FAHKIN WANNA DO YER KANT' etc.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I don't think anybody is going to hold you to account for leaving a friendly early, as i'm sure you already knew before posting this.

I don't dispute some knob did what you say, but in my experience it's usually the torential dick heads leaving on 40 & 80 in actual games that look around, desperate for anybody to pass comment so they can start up themselves.

'I CAN DO WATEVA I FAHKIN WANNA DO YER KANT' etc.

I will do 42 and 90 plus whatever on a meaningful game, is that okay with you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here