Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Rosenior - Signing of the Season?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Hull fans were dead angry that Bruce let him go.

Baffling decision really. Rosenior is EXACTLY the kind of experienced, versatile and popular figure you need in the squad to get out of this division.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Rosenior, Hemed, Goldson, Murphy, Bong, Knockaert... My word our recruitment team has done brilliantly. Great decision by Bloom to overhaul the last team - Manu the only flop yet he looked one of the safer bets to succeed given his past. Funny old game football - I doubt we'll have a 'success' rate like that for many seasons to come!

Take a bow Paul Winstanley etc etc :clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think it's much of a coincidence that the team had it's 'blip' while Rosenior was injured.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm trying to think of a time where we've had such a high ratio of success in our transfer dealings - I can only think of Manu (and to some people Skalak though I think he's winning people over) that's been a stereotypical 'flop' but even so, that's a good success rate. Hughton and the recruitment team deserve a pat on the back for giving us strength and options for every possibility. We can rest key players (CM possibly not) and know we are still strong and can compete - few teams in this league can offer the same.

Amazed to see 'Skalak', 'Manu' and 'flop' in the same sentence (appreciate you are referencing others) !! Only started a handful of games, has half a dozen assists and goal of the season already. Don't think Jiri is anywhere close to being comparable with Manu, or anywhere close to being a flop.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Rosenior, Hemed, Goldson, Murphy, Bong, Knockaert... My word our recruitment team has done brilliantly. Great decision by Bloom to overhaul the last team - Manu the only flop yet he looked one of the safer bets to succeed given his past. Funny old game football - I doubt we'll have a 'success' rate like that for many seasons to come!

Take a bow Paul Winstanley etc etc :clap2:
don't forget Uwe looks comfortable on the ball and looks a very good signing?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Amazed to see 'Skalak', 'Manu' and 'flop' in the same sentence (appreciate you are referencing others) !! Only started a handful of games, has half a dozen assists and goal of the season already. Don't think Jiri is anywhere close to being comparable with Manu, or anywhere close to being a flop.

I think that was before his recent run. I don't think anyone could legitimately call him a flop now even if there are still a few concerns over his contribution from open play (concerns which I am sure will be sorted over the summer).

As for Rosenior, completely agree that's he has been great. Signing of the season is a very tough one though. Rather more competition than last season!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think it's much of a coincidence that the team had it's 'blip' while Rosenior, Bong, March and Baldock were all injured.
Fixed for accuracy.

This side is so good, that we can absorb one or two injuries to outstanding players like Rosenior, but back then, the squad wasn't deep enough to absorb four or five key injuries. I'd say it was now though!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Our signings since Hughton has arrived have been outstanding. I can't remember a time when so many of the players that have arrived have lived up to expectations

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Liams lovely but Goldson's capture was from right under the dithering noses of some very good premiership teams , he waited his chance and improves game after game , yes he is still liable to make a error or two but I think he will go on to be a real quality top flight CB and will command a huge transfer fee if sold , the futures bright .

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Very impressed with Liam against the hoops, quietly went about his business , didn't put a foot wrong , and some great crosses, and the odd jinxing run. As for Goldson, I can see him becoming CH's best bit of business in seasons to come

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Our signings since Hughton has arrived have been outstanding. I can't remember a time when so many of the players that have arrived have lived up to expectations

Indeed. I don't know who's in charge of player recruitment these days but a massive, huge and heartfelt 'well done' to them and their team. It's not just about spending money, you've GOT to get the right players, both for their skillsets and temperaments. Newcastle being a classic example of how to get it massively wrong. We've come a long way since the bad old days of Burke.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fixed for accuracy.

This side is so good, that we can absorb one or two injuries to outstanding players like Rosenior, but back then, the squad wasn't deep enough to absorb four or five key injuries. I'd say it was now though!
As right as that is 2 of the 3 positions LR covers.
Naturally not at the same time, he's not Calde!!

I doubt the team would have shipped as many goals with Liam at LB.
Alternatively they may well have created more (any) chances with Liam on the right wing.

What a guy.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
His rapid.
He's technically good.
He doesn't stop running.
He will play out of position and still look completely comfortable.
He LOVES a bit of crowd cheerleading/fist pumping.

How on EARTH did Hull decide he wasn't the sort of player they wanted to keep in this division? Mental.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As has been said we have had some very good signings and difficult to say 1 above others as they have all played their part. The best must be signing the papers sacking David Burke.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
And with Bruno "getting on" even when he doesn't look like it, Rosenior and Bong make a perfect LB RB combo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here