Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

FcBruges

Aug 10, 2017
As a supporter of Bruges , I would like to felicitate B&HA with this transfer.
He's a brilliant player on the pitch , and an entertainer on the sideline.
He's the one who pulled us trough so many though games. His accelaration is an absolute blast , and he has a deadly long power driven shot.
When he's on full speed , there are not a lot of players who can stop this guy.
But...when he's on a 1 vs 1 duel , he can sometimes makes the wrong choices.
Most of the times he's trying to head towards the outside of the center of the box to shoot from there , while sometimes the best option is to just go towards the flank.
Made him very predictable here in Belgium for defenders.
But... If he's gonna learn to do both , you'll have an excellent player in your ranks.
We're gonna miss him here in Belgium because he was one of the players who made us Champions after 11 years.
And for sure , me and my friends will trying to come see a B&HA game in the future !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hi guys.
I’m a Bruges-fan since I was born, so I’d like to inform you about Izquierdo.

He came in Bruges a few years ago. 1 thing was clear immediately: he is really fast!
He is right-footed, but always played out on the left because his biggest quality is to come inside and shoot. He made a lot of goals like that. He’s kinda crazy, but in his case it’s just a positive thing. He will come inside and shoot the ball goes outside the stadium for 3 times in a row, but he will definitely try a 4th time and score a fantastic goal.
So in this way his crazyness makes him the player he is today.
A good coach can make him even better I think. As for now, he tries to come inside in 95% of the cases, to get in a shooting position.
Going on the left and give a good center can be even more dangerous in some cases.
As for me, that is something that a trainer should make him clear. In fact I really don’t know if Michel Preud’homme ever said this to him, but we didn’t see it on the pitch which made me disappointed sometimes.

Although he’s crazy his character is good. Never heard about problems with the trainer or so.

In Belgium he won the Golden Shoe (biggest individual award for footballers in Belgium) because he had a really good season 2015-2016, a season we’re Club Bruges finally took the title, in a big way thanking that to Izquierdo.
Last season he also did very well (unfortenately we ended in 2nd position).

So I would say that you did a good transfer.
But don’t judge him too fast. When he’s in a good form he will show amazing things.

So good luck to you guys, and off course to José and Matt Ryan!
Hey Jeroen, were you as surprised as the rest of us by Orica signing Trentin?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I like your comparison and agree it seems he's trying to copy Barca. I think the positional comparisons are Knocky is Messi (lefty on the right), Izquierdo (or March) is Neymar (righty on the left) and Murray is Suarez. Brown covers any of the positions as needed. Only problem with the comparison is that Murray clearly is no Suarez (but then again as good as Knocky is he's no Messi either). But my point is pace is not an all-important requirement (is Suarez that fast?) for that central striker position. Agree Gross is Iniesta and I think Baldock will be shifted back to this AMC/support striker position as cover when he's fit.

Definitely think there's something in this.Looks like we're setting up for quite a fluid formation.

The back four. 2 box to box CMs. Three AMs who are interchangeable and a target man/number 9/last man/whatever you want to call it.

The adding of a traditional "striker" might be a bit of a red herring. The question we need to ask is if the next signing will be competition for Murray/Hemed at CF or competition for Brown/Gross/Baldock at ACM or competition for Knocky/Solly/Izquerido/Murphy/Skalak at LM/RM

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With all the talent on display, not only from the opposition but now our own team too, just how cool will it be to leave on 80 minutes.

It's one thing turning your back on Barndoor Billy or Akpom, but walking away from 100's of millions of pounds of talent.

LEGENDS

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
[MENTION=99]B.W.[/MENTION] and [MENTION=350]Zebedee[/MENTION] seem to have disappeared. Again.
In all likelihood we'll lose our first game, and they'll be back starting threads.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Any word on when he is likely to do his medical / when we are likely to get permit/clearance etc?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we had signed the same player for £1m would people be excited?
No.
Lets be honest none of us know who the hell he is and are just excited at spunking £16m and assuming he is worth it.
What's your point? :)

Of course we trust that the club aren't spending over £10m on a player that's only worth 1. I don't even need to know the players name, age, position - if the club confirm they've spent over £10m for any player, that sounds exciting to me.

Jan 30, 2008
With all the talent on display, not only from the opposition but now our own team too, just how cool will it be to leave on 80 minutes.

It's one thing turning your back on Barndoor Billy or Akpom, but walking away from 100's of millions of pounds of talent.

LEGENDS
really, ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY THESES DAY' S ISN'T IT:facepalm:
regards
DR

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If we had signed the same player for £1m would people be excited?

Lets be honest none of us know who the hell he is and are just excited at spunking £16m and assuming he is worth it.

I am sure he is though.

Would I be excited if we had just signed a winger who'd has broken in to a Top 10 FIFA ranked International team, and had a goal every other game record last season in one of the most rapidly improving leagues in Europe for £1,000,000?

Yes, Yes I would.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In all likelihood we'll lose our first game, and they'll be back starting threads.

I do have other things to do!

Anyway, it is clear the club's leadership have finally & belatedly woken up to the fact they have to pay market prices... that isn't gonna change, no matter how many times PB bleats on about prices being too high in the press...

Better for them to get it right now, rather than not at all... shame they didn't realize earlier...

Anyway, a big welcome to Dave and Jose to the club...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't be much left in the kitty for a striker now though.... Or is there???
There's plenty of cash left.

The club has spent what 'only' £40m?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here