Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Perhaps you are being deliberately obtuse?I asked for countries helping us,not some rag-tag resistance movements.You also asked about the original question.It's at the top of every page,the one about Theresa May.
This led me to the conclusion you don't have a clue about anything,only believe in your perception of history,and probably think Jezza is the new messiah.

Rag tag resistance movements? I’m almost speechless. The efforts that the resistance made throughout Europe in the Second World War made it possible not only for the free allies to carry out crucial operations they saved the lives of countless allies shot down or stranded not to mention the lives of tens of thousands of jews, Poles, Romas, children, political enemies and intelligencia and escapees. They helped many, many of our boys get to safety.

Their life endangering activities’ legacy means many families were reunited and even closer to home, founded the amazing charity Emmaus, still going strong in Sussex to this day.

Your trivialisation of their supreme efforts and sacrifices shows you up as an ill informed clump not to mention how downright insulting your assertion is.

I thought you couldn’t lose anymore credibility. I was wrong.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rag tag resistance movements? I’m almost speechless. The efforts that the resistance made throughout Europe in the Second World War made it possible not only for the free allies to carry out crucial operations they saved the lives of countless allies shot down or stranded not to mention the lives of tens of thousands of jews, Poles, Romas, children, political enemies and intelligencia and escapees. They helped many, many of our boys get to safety.

Their life endangering activities’ legacy means many families were reunited and even closer to home, founded the amazing charity Emmaus, still going strong in Sussex to this day.

Your trivialisation of their supreme efforts and sacrifices shows you up as an ill informed clump not to mention how downright insulting your assertion is.

I thought you couldn’t lose anymore credibility. I was wrong.

Here here. His trivialisation is breathtakingly ignorant and totally disgusting. He’s really plumbed new depths today.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This government, who don't have a majority, and only governs due to a bribe to the DUP, is trying to ride roughshod over Parliament. So much for democracy.

[tweet]1088091342025252864[/tweet]

If genuine fascism ever comes to this country, it won't come through thugs and marching men but chaps with cut glass Etonion accents telling us to do things "for our own good" without question.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I suspect Trumps statements didn't help but let's be honest, he is unlikely to win the race next year and even if he did then he's around for a further four years maximum. NATO isn't going to collapse in that time and any sane POTUS isn't really going to abandon NATO.

The key word there is sane. I honestly doubt his sanity.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I guess the Greeks shouldn’t celebrate Oχι Day then. You’re just so hopelessly wrong here. I can suggest some reading if you’d be interested?

Oh and I certainly don’t think Jezza is the new Messiah. In fact, I think he’s a very naughty boy.

I doubt he even knows what Oχι means.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
With the number of people applying there will be instances where honest hard working people get caught out. I did my mums earlier, she been selected for settled status but we need to wait for the decision.

It's is certain that honest hard working people will get caught out. We've seen that with the Windrush generation.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This is the Brexit dividend. Become Brexit secretary, make a complete hash of it, and then get awarded a job for £60K per annum for 20 hours a year.
All whilst serving as an MP.

[tweet]1088131959589617666[/tweet]

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This is the Brexit dividend. Become Brexit secretary, make a complete hash of it, and then get awarded a job for £60K per annum for 20 hours a year.
All whilst serving as an MP.

[tweet]1088131959589617666[/tweet]

How is someone allowed to get a second job that directly adds bias to his role as an MP.

The lies are all coming out now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Facebook, Google, Costa maybe we need to look at them plus numerous others who use whatever mirrors to not pay tax. At least Dyson have

While I don't always agree, I can see the logic behind the likes of cunning fergus's arguments as they are based on ideology, not trying to argue we might be better off.

I understand people want to leave, and have reasons for that, but denying we are going to be worse off is like saying climate change isn't happening. It is a delusion.

This game of leaving is all about what is the 'least' painful, because all options are painful. I don't understand people trying to deny this. :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Facebook, Google, Costa maybe we need to look at them plus numerous others who use whatever mirrors to not pay tax. At least Dyson have

Guess who is bringing in a law to crack down on tax avoidance?

Yes, the EU. That's why Mrs May (and husband Philip) JRM, Boris Johnson et al, want to get out in March and are desperate to get out so want No Deal.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yes.

But now he's ****ed the company off to Singapore because of the Brexit disaster that he supported.

It's straw clutching of the worst order to try to defend this stuff. And yet you still try. Why?

Desperation I guess. Inability to admit that you got it all wrong? Possible. It's really sad anyway, still sticking to an agenda that has been wholly and comprehensibly discredited as BULLSHIT.

The rats are leaving the sinking ship and yet you want to drill more holes in the hull rather than plugging them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This government, who don't have a majority, and only governs due to a bribe to the DUP, is trying to ride roughshod over Parliament. So much for democracy.

[tweet]1088091342025252864[/tweet]

Great stuff, learning from the Hungarians. Some real wannabee fascists in the Tory party

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You're wrong. You pulled her up for agreeing with [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] that Dyson's move to Singapore will maintain access to the EU via the free trade deal in place.

He originally said this, which was then supported by [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION]:
Oh Christ, you've decided to join the stupid gang. No, that is not what happened. Clamp's post which you've linked to was made at 1.35 this morning. TB's post, which I pulled her up on, was made at 18:28 yesterday.

That's not you pulling her up for claiming "it as fact that we won't have a free trade agreement with the EU, when we don't yet know what we'll get". That's you arguing the toss over whether or not Dyson will benefit by moving to Singapore, and you are wrong anyway. Of course Dyson will benefit - they are a business and like any business, they hate uncertainty.
Yeah, you've got all your facts wrong. All I said, in response to TB's post (not Clamp's) was that it's wrong to claim the Singapore will have a better trade deal with the EU than us, because we don't yet know what trade agreement we'll have.

We (the UK) don't know what trade deals we'll end up sharing with the EU or Singapore, nor how long it'll take. In the meantime, it makes perfect sense for businesses to cut out uncertainty where possible.
I never said anything to the contrary.

I don't know why you have to argue with every little detail of every single post.
I didn't, I disagreed with one post made by TB, and it's very clear I'm right (that we don't yet know what our deal will be), yet a few of you have decided to argue with me about it :shrug:

Clearly the point being made was that a move to Singapore benefits Dyson with respect to both the Asian markets AND Europe.
That wasn't the point being made, but then it's not surprising you don't realise that since you don't even know what quote I was replying to in the first place.

The fact that we don't know what is yet to be negotiated is neither here nor there
It kind of is when the whole conversation was based on the claim that Singapore's deal is better than ours. We don't ****ing know that yet!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here