Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester Utd v Brighton And Hove Albion FA YOUTH CUP 4th Round Tonight 7pm

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
While you're here AZ.
I was under the impression that Rosenier was our u23 Assistant Manger but the official website has a profile of someone else.
Similarly, Sidwell is involved somewhere now?

Isnt Rosenior one of the assistants to the U23's , isnt there a team of coaches & assistants now a days

Sidwell is 'helping' coach the u18's and scholars from what I remember , not an official coach to either but a general mentor and coach for the younger ones

As [MENTION=37225]Cozzy[/MENTION] says, Rosenior's job title is "professional development phase coach" - he's one of the coaches assisting Simon Rusk, but Shannon Ruth is officially the assistant coach.

Steve Sidwell is a coach working with the U-15s/U-16s, assisting Ben Smith - SIDWELL TAKES NEW ROLES WITH ALBION

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sidwell is 'helping' coach the u18's and scholars from what I remember , not an official coach to either but a general mentor and coach for the younger ones

Sidwell is one of the official coaches to the U16s at the academy.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Radio commentary described us as superb, disciplined, methodical, structured, talented, well coached, skilful, clever build-ups, thoroughly deserved winners. Hard to choose man of the match from several Brighton players. Utd had scored twice as many goals as Brighton this season and the commentary team came expecting a hatful of goals, just not from Brighton! That commentary, whether it was neutral or Utd hosted, was a stunning compliment to our club. They couldn't believe their eyes.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
And to cap it all off, the Albion U-18 joint coach has just liked one of my tweets. :thumbsup:

MarkBeard.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Great result.Lots of Man U fans think Mourinho has sneaked back in as their U-18 manager!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just looked at Red Cafe. They're not too complimentary about Brighton: we dirty and should have had at least one red card and we're placing too much emphasis on results not technique. We're going to get owned by any team with decent defenders.

There's losing gracefully and there's the United way ...

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Just looked at Red Cafe. They're not too complimentary about Brighton: we dirty and should have had at least one red card and we're placing too much emphasis on results not technique. We're going to get owned by any team with decent defenders.

Just read that myself! - U18s Youth Cup - Manchester United vs Brighton

A performance that will do absolutely nothing for any of the Brighton youngsters. Results over performance mentaility is wrong at this level.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Radio commentary described us as superb, disciplined, methodical, structured, talented, well coached, skilful, clever build-ups, thoroughly deserved winners. Hard to choose man of the match from several Brighton players. Utd had scored twice as many goals as Brighton this season and the commentary team came expecting a hatful of goals, just not from Brighton! That commentary, whether it was neutral or Utd hosted, was a stunning compliment to our club. They couldn't believe their eyes.
Yes, listened to that too. What joy!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just read that myself! - U18s Youth Cup - Manchester United vs Brighton

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

I don't know whether 'Live Sports FM' is a MU based radio station, or a neutral one, but obviously the entitled ones (sorry, MU supporters), aka the Red Café aficionados, obviously weren't listening to it! I presume that's he same one that Super Steve Earle was quoting - and I can't remember many - if any - occasions when such fulsome praise was heaped on a winning football team.

"superb, disciplined, methodical, structured, talented, well coached, skilful, clever build-ups, thoroughly deserved winners....."
- music to the old ears, eh?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
[TWEET]1087446336704778241[/TWEET]
i

My first thought upon reading this was was who is Kris Voakes. A quick check revealed that he was some sort of correspondent for Manchester United. That being the case, this is an extraordinarily pleasing tweet and one in the eye for the various red malcontents saying we're dirty.

The future's bright. The future's blue, white and stripy.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Watched him for years playing for Hove Park school, very good close control and dictates the game.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

[tweet]1087457786236157952[/tweet]

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Those 2 faces in the tweet above look like they could be on a police "wanted" poster.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Brilliant quote regarding Danny Cashman , " If there was a piece of of paper being blown around on the ground i believe he would of chased that as well "

Such a fantastic result and such a shame not many Brighton fans were able to view it , i have no idea about these ifollow screening rights rules that we seem to be tied into regarding our acadamey teams but it always seems whomever we play have a infinitely better system in place to screen their games than we have , these youngsters our supposedly our future seeing as so much money has been invested in them , so why not let the fans actually see them perform ? baffling .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Brilliant quote regarding Danny Cashman , " If there was a piece of of paper being blown around on the ground i believe he would of chased that as well "

Such a fantastic result and such a shame not many Brighton fans were able to view it , i have no idea about these ifollow screening rights rules that we seem to be tied into regarding our acadamey teams but it always seems whomever we play have a infinitely better system in place to screen their games than we have , these youngsters our supposedly our future seeing as so much money has been invested in them , so why not let the fans actually see them perform ? baffling .

We'll all get to see them one day - probably on loan at Wigan.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

It seems the established PL clubs look upon the development team matches being streamed as part of their PR and marketing. Using the sharing of these matches to generate interest and keep fans happy. Sadly it seems the Albion see them as a venue stream and hope to make money from it. As the cost to profit ratio isn't high enough for them so providing a stream isn't worth doing for the club. Which is a pity.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here