Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Southampton's new manager announced

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
So why has he been out of work for the last 6 months?

I would imagine he's been waiting for the right opportunity. His stock in Germany is very high but he wants to manage in England.

Modern day bosses are so well paid that they can take their time.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
first thing he needs to do is drop Vestergard. he was shocking against man utd and at fault for both goals.

But he is 6ft 7ins. We could do with him in goal instead of that shortar5e Ryan.

I heard him described at the beginning of the season by a Saints supporting friend as having the turning circle of a supertanker…… which I think was a bit unfair.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Managed to steer just promoted Leipzig the a second-placed finish in the Bundesliga in 2016/17. 6th the following season. Not a nobody.

With a bucket load of cash for that division, still have to do it I know but its a brave appointment

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a far better appointment than the last one they made.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Cheers. I'm just glad he's not called Adi like the other up and coming Austrian manager at Eintracht Frankfurt.

Don't think I need to say what Adi is short for...

Adolf Hütter. Brave parents, or maybe they're trying to be the change they want to see in the world.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Isn't that what many people said about Arsene Wenger

Yeah, and look what happened there...

Banner-P.45-15032017.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What next for Mark Hughes and his team? I see Swansea have lost 3 in a row, and 6 out of 9 - watch this space.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What next for Mark Hughes and his team? I see Swansea have lost 3 in a row, and 6 out of 9 - watch this space.

But Hughes is a Premier League manager, I doubt he'd take a step down.

(Guess how far I got writing that, before laughing)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

He could take them from "mid table Championship" to "mid table Championship but would be in the playoffs if it wasn't for some unfair referee decisions"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He could take them from "mid table Championship" to "mid table Championship but would be in the playoffs if it wasn't for some unfair referee decisions"

His style would suit his fellow whingeing Welsh windbag supporters.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What about Allardyce / Moyes / Keegan / Pards why don't BRITISH managers get a chance no one has heard of this bloke I bet he wears a suit like that Marcos Silva bloke who has never impressed anywhere except for winning the league everywhere he goes etc

:lolol: Good underlying point though. People often say "why don't British managers get offered the top jobs?" There's a good reason for that - most of them are shit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Blimey, you sound like Paul Merson summing up our signings before the start of last season.

Not at all. I started this thread specifically to find out more about this manager, because I hadn't heard his name before. No judgment on him as a manager whatsoever.

I think my initial "Who??" has been misinterpreted. Apologies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here