Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I really don’t see how we can, Parliament has more or less ruled out no deal, Mays deal is dead in the water, she won’t get anything meaningful from Brussels because they know, if they make no more concessions, we have no where’ else to go. We will get an extension on Article 50, and then, it will be a matter of the EU sitting on their hands, till we come crawling back.

My major concern, is if we get to keep the vetoes, and rebates we enjoy now.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
See. It is comments like this that just increase the divide between generations. All people like you do is try to fuel hatred and turn people against each other.

While you acting constantly like a pillock doesn't of course ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Please point me to the clauses in the European Union (Withdrawl) Act 2018 that require all these extra instruments to be in place and indeed prevent leaving if they are not ?

They're needed across everything you can think of to function legally as a country - Finance to fishing - it's why it'll have to be delayed because we wont be without them. There's too much required and not enough time. It's why a lengthy transition was needed.

You carry on believing what the Tory toffs you hear tell you about no deal though and the 'legal default position'. The Withdrawal Agreement was yours and their simple way out the EU tonight. They didn't take it, so time has to be bought now one way or another.

I'll leave you to play with Plooks in peace.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You were stating that any differences in treaties and we'd get a vote. It's just that that has never been the case with the UK and treaty change. I have no idea what May will do, the whole mess is as far as I'm concerned down to poor implementation by people who were remainers and never wanted to leave in the first place. Madness.

Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance, particularly when a law has been passed requiring a referendum in certain circumstances https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2011/12/contents . This has now been repealed by the European Union Withdrawal Act, but when that act is repealed, it will be resurrected.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Simple Yes or No. Do you think Britain will leave the EU?

No (no if a 2nd referendum)
Yes (Norway+) if MPs decided amongst themselves.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Well?

Apologies for making a new thread but had to, to post a poll. I want to get an idea what people feel will happen next from here.

I refuse to vote in a poll where one section are called cretins. A cretin is a baby with brain damage due to a malfunctioning thyroid gland.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I wonder if the Great British public will actually get to the point where they're so sick of pontificating that they'll accept whatever happens, just as long as something happens....

I am.

I voted remain. I didnt believe the hype the Ieave campaign was trawling out but the idea of Brexit was appealing.

I'm not one of those politicists. But the majority won. So I've gone with it. The govt has completely ****ed it up.

To me, democracy must rule so we must leave. Whether people like me think we should have stayed is immaterial at the end of the day.

If a people vote or second referendum or whatever it's called is held then I may well vote leave this time round just to get it done.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I refuse to vote in a poll where one section are called cretins. A cretin is a baby with brain damage due to a malfunctioning thyroid gland.
I'd guess that most people see it as a mild insult meaning that someone is a bit thick. I had never heard that definition before.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I was 100% unaware of that and apologise if it caused any offence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here