Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell End Bike Rider!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Oddly, I have seen cyclists riding along, wearing headphones with no hands on the handlebar, rolling a fag....so, cool/insane ? how about if you did the same in a car ?

That would be crazy. Can you imagine that? Maybe eating a sandwich or holding a mobile phone to their ear. Thank god we can trust in all car drivers.

I did have a w*** at 80mph in Saudi driving up to Jordan once though. Interesting experience. Haven't done it on a bike yet. Certainly not at 80mph.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That would be crazy. Can you imagine that? Maybe eating a sandwich or holding a mobile phone to their ear. Thank god we can trust in all car drivers.

I did have a w*** at 80mph in Saudi driving up to Jordan once though. Interesting experience. Haven't done it on a bike yet. Certainly not at 80mph.

Hopefully your tricycle won't do 80MPH.....not with your stabilisers on anyway..

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well done to all bike riders today who managed to complete the trip! APART FROM ONE OBNOXIOUS TWUNT IN A PURPLE AND WHITE OUTFIT WHO SINGLE HANDEDLY MADE ME DRIVE AT 10 Mph all the way from Turners Hill to Ardingly village! It clearly stated left hand lane for bikes and right for all other vehicles! It's pillocks like you that give cyclists a bad name! Even the people around him moved over but he refused! I hope the Beacon beat him and he has a week suffering!
That is awful. And they say the people of Grenfell Towers have it tough.

Is there anything we can do?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well done to all bike riders today who managed to complete the trip! APART FROM ONE OBNOXIOUS TWUNT IN A PURPLE AND WHITE OUTFIT WHO SINGLE HANDEDLY MADE ME DRIVE AT 10 Mph all the way from Turners Hill to Ardingly village! It clearly stated left hand lane for bikes and right for all other vehicles! It's pillocks like you that give cyclists a bad name! Even the people around him moved over but he refused! I hope the Beacon beat him and he has a week suffering!

I can assure you he wasn't the only TWUNK doing the ride. I ended up needing to drive down Lewes Road and despite the riders having a cycle lane and tbe bus lane to use many decided to weave in and out of the cars. Virtually none of them stopped for the red lights on the crossings despite stewards attempting to stop them - one steward nearly got run over. The expletives throw at me when I dared to want to turn left across this plague of lycra clad idiots was a joy to the ears !!!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My gripe is the last few miles down Lewes Road and on to the seafront. Just to confirm the law, red light at traffic lights means stop. Every set of lights has a group who stand in the road with a big board that states STOP and yet riders mow them down rushing through red lights. Some junctions even have Police who do nothing as these riders flash through. And before someone says it is only a few, yes true it's only 3 or 4 in a group of 30 but if I'm driving in the other direction and hit them who would be blamed?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

What was in your wrap? Was it a meat or vegerarian filling? I assume it was a wrap because that's the only four letter food snack I can think of beginning with W. I hope you didn't make too much of a mess as the contents spilling out while you were driving could have left tell tale stains on your clothes. I imagine the effective use of a serviette would have been severely compromised while driving.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My gripe is the last few miles down Lewes Road and on to the seafront. Just to confirm the law, red light at traffic lights means stop. Every set of lights has a group who stand in the road with a big board that states STOP and yet riders mow them down rushing through red lights. Some junctions even have Police who do nothing as these riders flash through. And before someone says it is only a few, yes true it's only 3 or 4 in a group of 30 but if I'm driving in the other direction and hit them who would be blamed?

Errrr the bike rider who ran the red light, who the fook do you think would get the blame, and why would you think differently? :facepalm:

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I can assure you he wasn't the only TWUNK doing the ride. I ended up needing to drive down Lewes Road and despite the riders having a cycle lane and tbe bus lane to use many decided to weave in and out of the cars. Virtually none of them stopped for the red lights on the crossings despite stewards attempting to stop them - one steward nearly got run over. The expletives throw at me when I dared to want to turn left across this plague of lycra clad idiots was a joy to the ears !!!

I would add that a very large proprtion of the people who do the London to Brighton are types that have never been on a bike before or since.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I would add that a very large proprtion of the people who do the London to Brighton are types that have never been on a bike before or since.

Indeed. It's amazing how quickly they believe they have a complete right to the road ! I know the ride is for a very worthwhile cause but I do object how it grinds the city to a standstill. And what idiotic twonk thought it a good idea to hold it on Fathers Day ?? Just when people want to go out to lunch with their fathers !!!! Time for them to take the ride elsewhere and alternate venues.

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
In order to reduce the level of inconvenience caused to an absolute minimum wouldn't it be a good idea to merge the london to brighton and naked bike ride into one event?
(Plus it might make the title of this thread more appropriate).

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
And what idiotic twonk thought it a good idea to hold it on Fathers Day ?? Just when people want to go out to lunch with their fathers !!!! Time for them to take the ride elsewhere and alternate venues.

Quite.

We say every year that you can't travel to Brighton, or north of it. The number of families affected by the stupid way this ride is arranged for Father's Day is huge.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oddly, I have seen cyclists riding along, wearing headphones with no hands on the handlebar, rolling a fag....so, cool/insane ? how about if you did the same in a car ?

Car drivers only have two hands though, 75% of them use one to hold their mobile phone while the other hand is posting on social media

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Interesting. I've seen countless drivers do this, but never a cyclist. Seems odd that you've only seen cyclists do it.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed. It's amazing how quickly they believe they have a complete right to the road ! I know the ride is for a very worthwhile cause but I do object how it grinds the city to a standstill. And what idiotic twonk thought it a good idea to hold it on Fathers Day ?? Just when people want to go out to lunch with their fathers !!!! Time for them to take the ride elsewhere and alternate venues.

Quite.

We say every year that you can't travel to Brighton, or north of it. The number of families affected by the stupid way this ride is arranged for Father's Day is huge.

Yep having the B2028 & B2112 closed pretty much brings the county to a standstill.
Having as many as 15,000 people arriving in Brighton, many having their families waiting for them, knackers the economy.

Will someone also think of the poor unfortunate Guide, Scout, village assoc, pubs etc making money en-route from refreshment stands.
As well as the personal achievement and pride felt by many many thousands of people who previously had seen this iconic ride as an 'impossible dream'.

All before we even mention we're taking about the British Heart Foundation's biggest single charitable donation.

Deffo time to kick these selfish road hogs into touch.
Braintree is 55 miles from Clapham lets boost their economy for 1 day.

Anyone fancy the Clapham to Braintree ride - it certainly conjures up a romantic image.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Yep having the B2028 & B2112 closed pretty much brings the county to a standstill.
Having as many as 15,000 people arriving in Brighton, many having their families waiting for them, knackers the economy.

Will someone also think of the poor unfortunate Guide, Scout, village assoc, pubs etc making money en-route from refreshment stands.
As well as the personal achievement and pride felt by many many thousands of people who previously had seen this iconic ride as an 'impossible dream'.

All before we even mention we're taking about the British Heart Foundation's biggest single charitable donation.

Deffo time to kick these selfish road hogs into touch.
Braintree is 55 miles from Clapham lets boost their economy for 1 day.

Anyone fancy the Clapham to Braintree ride - it certainly conjures up a romantic image.
What are you on about?

I merely said it would be better on another Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here