Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you go to the promotion parade?

Will you go ot the promotion parade?

• Damn right I will!

Votes: 213 43.2%
  • No - I'm all celebrated out and it's gone a bit flat now.

Votes: 44 8.9%
  • No - awkward timing (with kids etc)

Votes: 65 13.2%
  • No - all celebrated out AND awkward timing

Votes: 33 6.7%
  • No - other reason (please state)

Votes: 79 16.0%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 59 12.0%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

It is a silly time of day for it, it if it could be brought forward to say 2pm at Hove there would be thousands more, still undecided.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm going because I'd rather end the season on a high with a celebration rather than the low of Villa Park.

And also, as mentioned on another thread, it's an 'I was there' occasion. These kind of days don't come around too often - the next time could be years away. Are the rest of you really going to stay at home watching the telly or doing the gardening?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm going because I'd rather end the season on a high with a celebration rather than the low of Villa Park.

And also, as mentioned on another thread, it's an 'I was there' occasion. These kind of days don't come around too often - the next time could be years away. Are the rest of you really going to stay at home watching the telly or doing the gardening?

Exactly. What else is there to do on a Sunday evening, Countryfile ? We're so lucky here to have a fabulous town and seafront to enjoy, when you consider the majority of concrete suburban griefholes most of the country is made up of. And on Sunday, our Premier League team will be gracing it. So don the stripes one more time before the summer, get yourself down to the Lawns on a spring evening for some fresh sea air, and some beerage, celebrate with fellow fans, and toast the greatest BHAFC team in a generation.

(I'm not going if its raining though)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
its a bit of a daft time as we have roast dinner at 7 o'clock on a Sunday ( and always have) and we are taking Bex back to Gatwick for flight back to Glasgow after dinner, so the timing is really effed up for us.

BUT I feel somewhat detached from all of this, having missed the wigan game and then coming back to defeats and the disappointment of Sunday at the beamback ( although obviously the bigger picture is what is important) so missing a drive around wont kill me.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I was planning to, but have now (probably - though I may have a last minute change of heart) decided not to.

I have already celebrated promotion - at the Wigan game - which was utterly brilliant. I just don't think that a parade will match the spontaneity of that evening, or, tbh, the elation. Had we won the league, which I fully expected us to do, there would have been something very tangible to celebrate that I had not already celebrated and I would have definitely been there.

Also, for people who live 125+ miles away, late afternoon/early evening Sunday as a time sucks. This would have been a minor inconvenience had I felt that I absolutely had to be there, but grows as a consideration given my feelings expressed in the previous paragraph; the more so, as the only feasible way for me to make the return journey is to drive - so no drinking.

I do feel somewhat guilty - which might change my mind - but, atm at least, I'm not planning to go.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
It's a No from me - already inadvertently attended Pompey's last sunday with the amount of gridlocked traffic around Gunwharf stopping me getting to a friend's house.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
No from me, just not a fan of parades.

It's all about the football for me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We will be there, but I think the club have made a mistake with regards to the timing.

Maybe it wasn't down to the club.

Perhaps all the Councillors wanted to go out for their usual Sunday dinner and drinkies before climbing on the bus.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I rashly promised to be there before I fully appreciated it was being held at midnight on a Sunday, or whenever it is now and incorporates a Zonal spectator system that makes the mid-stay Car Park at Stansted seem like a walk in the park in comparison.

So on that basis I shall give it a swerve.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We will be there, but I think the club have made a mistake with regards to the timing.

Maybe it wasn't down to the club.

I'd imagine that the council had a view on when it was possible / appropriate / acceptable to SHUT the busiest road in the city for 90 minutes. The reaction of all their business rate payers in the central shopping areas were probably high in their thinking, and reasonably so, IMO.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We're coming down from Sheffield for it. Mainly as I wouldn't want my son to miss out on something he'll remember forever. Helps that my stepmum lives just off the front mind.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
For such a short journey do the players need an open top bus?
Hand them some flurecent bibs and create a walking bus....The Greens would like this also.

Over organised and finishing location will lack atmosphere.

I made my decision not to go when I saw they were putting up screens and penning people in zones.

1979 it won't be.

RowXintheNorth

Aug 12, 2011
Bishopstone
I'd like to be involved so I'll probably go to the pier to see the start. I've burned up more brownie points than I ever had going to so many away games this season. I don't fancy being penned in and being told that I've got one too many beers in my bag. Not keen on seeing the councillors as I'm not sure that whatever their contribution, it warrants a place on the bus for them. Weren't they voted in for their governance and wisdom, not their celebrity status? A return to the promised land cannot go unrewarded for the squad and those running the club, so at risk of another 'discussion' indoors I'm, going for a pint, wave & cheer at the pier, another pint and the train home..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I shan't be attending. I thought "oooh that's too much faff and far too busy busy for a Sunday evening that's not a Bank Holiday". Having read the OP and all the convoluted arrangements/rules etc it has only reinforced to me that I have made the right decision.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For such a short journey do the players need an open top bus?
Hand them some flurecent bibs and create a walking bus....The Greens would like this also.

Over organised and finishing location will lack atmosphere.

I made my decision not to go when I saw they were putting up screens and penning people in zones.

1979 it won't be.

There will be four buses, the two open tops and the two Albion buses with Matt Grimstone & Jacob Schilt's names on.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Having just read the rules regarding the parade, even if I had the day off Monday I wouldn't bother.

Spontaneity is dead.

Don't drink that.
Be here then.
Don't hold that.
No bags.
Buy more shit.

And so, very sadly, that is what our "community club" has become.

Barber's rules and regulations by the bucketload. Bad enough at the games, but on Hove lawns on a Sunday afternoon? WTF? What's the bag searches all about? And why only in ZoneA? Why the limitation on the ales? Why no bottles? A luzzed full can of beer going to do just as much damage as a luzzed bottle.

What's with the Councillors getting a bus? Remember the council only recently rejected the planning for the hotel! Bin off the Councillors and replace them with reps from AITC teams and those whose efforts kept the club going during the dark times so TB had a club to buy!

Whilst I'm happy we got promoted, the end of the season has just been so "meh"..... on and off the pitch.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There will be four buses, the two open tops and the two Albion buses with Matt Grimstone & Jacob Schilt's names on.

Are you sure it's not just two open top buses, one for the Albion contingent and one for the glory hunting councillor contingent? That's how I read it. What would be the point of an additional two non open top buses and who would be in them or even want to be in them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here