Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bacon and egg sandwich

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
My go to breakfast. How the OP has only just discovered is beyond me.

I however cannot believe that people add sauce to a bacon and egg sandwich, there just is no need.

Grilled smoked bacon, fried egg and lightly toasted brown bread is all that is needed.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My dad microwaves his bacon when he makes bacon and egg sandwiches. I lived under that tyranny for twenty years and it is the main reason why his eventual nursing home will be nothing more than a small step up from locking him in the garden shed.
[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Proper bread not shitty supermarket crap,real butter,back smokey bacon,dry fried egg,and a mix of proper ketchup and proper brown sauce.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I was in the hospital waiting room reading this thread and walked out thinking I NEED a bacon and egg sarnie (I hadn't had breakfast).
Unsmoked Back bacon crispy
Fried egg spread over one slice
Hovis soft white
Bertolli butter
And thanks, to [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION], bread toasted on one side.

Bloody lovely.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
This thread is making me very hungry for a bacon egg sandwich! Regretting the caesar salad option for brunch now :/

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My dad microwaves his bacon when he makes bacon and egg sandwiches. I lived under that tyranny for twenty years and it is the main reason why his eventual nursing home will be nothing more than a small step up from locking him in the garden shed.
Cooking bacon in a microwave or a George Foreman grill ruins the bacon IMHO. I always buy my bacon from the bacon stall in the Open Market as it is cut thicker than your average supermarket

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Just bacon and bread. NO butter. I can't eat it, if the bread has been buttered. Forget the egg too.
If I have anything with the bacon, it's tomatoes, and then only occasionally.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It's true Marshy.

Don't get me wrong here, I love bacon and all foods pig related, the pink tasty b'stads, I've just never put bacon and egg in the same sandwich before.

I have known you a long time hence my dis-belief....

Can i ask then... Sausage and Fried Egg ?.... another awesome combo... Im guessing you have not had this either ?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
i was in the hospital waiting room reading this thread and walked out thinking i need a bacon and egg sarnie (i hadn't had breakfast).
Unsmoked back bacon crispy
fried egg spread over one slice
hovis soft white
bertolli butter
and thanks, to [mention=33848]the clamp[/mention], bread toasted on one side.

Bloody lovely.

sauce?

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bacon in Europe is mostly crap. Shavings of bacon, unless you go to Marks.
Love an Egg, and Bacon butty, but adore a Bacon and Tomato butty!

With you on this...thick slices of lightly fried beef tomato ideally.
Bread preferably very fresh white bloomer
Real butter

I have known you a long time hence my dis-belief....

Can i ask then... Sausage and Fried Egg ?.... another awesome combo... Im guessing you have not had this either ?

Not had that either.

I had never, until this monumental Sunday just passed, had a fried egg in any type of sandwich or any other bread related foodstuff. It's always been on the plate.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not had that either.

I had never, until this monumental Sunday just passed, had a fried egg in any type of sandwich or any other bread related foodstuff. It's always been on the plate.

Get yourself a good lincolnshire sausage and fried egg sarnie with Brown sauce, you wont regret it, I prefer it too Egg and Bacon as much as I love both :)

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Get yourself a good lincolnshire sausage and fried egg sarnie with Brown sauce, you wont regret it, I prefer it too Egg and Bacon as much as I love both :)

Why not go all out and have sausage, bacon and egg sandwich?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The wife had her first effort at making me eggs benedict yesterday morning. A slightly toasted muffin, with a warm slice of ham, a runny poached egg, topped with hollandaise sauce and black pepper.

It was PHENOMENAL

Was the hollandaise homemade or erm, of a packet, shall we say?

Kudos if the former. I like to boldly over egg the lemon in the hollandaise and risk it splitting.

SCRUMPTIOUS

No, the sauce was from a jar. She wasn't overly confident of making it properly in the first place, but now she knows she can, I shall be lobbying for home made hollandaise sauce in the future.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, the sauce was from a jar. She wasn't overly confident of making it properly in the first place, but now she knows she can, I shall be lobbying for home made hollandaise sauce in the future.

Looking at the recipe on BBC Food it looks very quick and easy to make in a microwave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here