Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What does the framework of our democracy say about MPs potentially overturning the result of a referendum? I would have thought that the anger that would generate could well propel UKIP into power. Be careful what you wish for.

Who said anything about reversal of the referendum? As Gina Miller said "We're all leavers now.." .

We're talking about holding the government to account, we have a parliamentary democracy, that's what we pay our MP's to do. We do not want key decisions been made in secret without proper consultation. The country vote to the leave the EU, but under what terms? Who voted to leave the single market and makes everyone poorer, especially those on the margins

Is trying to use the Royal prerogative your idea of getting your country back?

Another test for the government in NI tomorrow

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-nireland-idUKKCN12Q2S0

Another mess...

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Who said anything about reversal of the referendum? As Gina Miller said "We're all leavers now.." .

We're talking about holding the government to account, we have a parliamentary democracy, that's what we pay our MP's to do. We do not want key decisions been made in secret without proper consultation. The country vote to the leave the EU, but under what terms? Who voted to leave the single market and makes everyone poorer, especially those on the margins

Is trying to use the Royal prerogative your idea of getting your country back?

Another test for the government in NI tomorrow

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-nireland-idUKKCN12Q2S0

Another mess...

The Single Market was devised by the Tories in the 1990s. It is part of the multinational project for sure. I can understand southern,right of centre free marketeers to be in favour of it for sure. It may surprise you to know that those of us less keen on 'the market decides' are perfectly happy to leave it and indeed voted as such. Somehow the country managed prior to your capitalist dream becoming a reality and I think it will do so again.....

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Not that I recall

Short and enclosed memory eh

George Osborne says he will have to slash public spending and increase taxes in an emergency Budget to tackle a £30bn "black hole" if the UK votes to leave the European Union.

The chancellor said this could include raising income and inheritance taxes and cutting the NHS budget.

But 65 Tory MPs have said his position would be "untenable" if he tries to cut NHS, police and school spending.

And Vote Leave criticised Remain's "hysterical prophecies of doom".

The UK votes on whether to remain in the EU or to leave on 23 June.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36534192

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'm curious where the huge new untapped market? What is the UK going to sell them? Where are we currently missing out due to the constraints of being tied to those nasty Europeans?

It is obvious you are not in business, markets evolve, they are never static they are fluid you need to react, engage and sell.

Can I again just highlight what the European Commission itself has said ''over the next 10 to 15 years, 90% of world demand will be generated outside of Europe and add to this:

44% exports from the UK to the EU and that has been declining primarily because our exports to other non EU countries have been increasing at a faster rate.

These are facts, not forecasts this is what is happening ...................

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Short and enclosed memory eh

George Osborne says he will have to slash public spending and increase taxes in an emergency Budget to tackle a £30bn "black hole" if the UK votes to leave the European Union.

The chancellor said this could include raising income and inheritance taxes and cutting the NHS budget.

But 65 Tory MPs have said his position would be "untenable" if he tries to cut NHS, police and school spending.

And Vote Leave criticised Remain's "hysterical prophecies of doom".

The UK votes on whether to remain in the EU or to leave on 23 June.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36534192

You really are clueless, the response was in respect of a question posed on whether the Sky News trailer included any comments from George Osborne. It was not about whether I could recall what he had said prior to the referendum. You probably got confused because I actually answered the question posed rather than ignoring it, or responding to a completely different question,

To therefore suggest that I couldn't recall what had been said prior to the referendum is just plain wrong.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Oh I see, you deny that there are or will be, problems with the Pound compared to the Euro and the Dollar ? That's an interesting position to take unless you are a manufacturer of rose tinted spectacles ?

You carry on, you have said absolutely nothing that has materialised, you my friend are a busted flush, not even an acknowledgment of something that is quite unreservedly a positive for the UK, chin up ......

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You really are clueless, the response was in respect of a question posed on whether the Sky News trailer included any comments from George Osborne. It was not about whether I could recall what he had said prior to the referendum. You probably got confused because I actually answered the question posed rather than ignoring it, or responding to a completely different question,

To therefore suggest that I couldn't recall what had been said prior to the referendum is just plain wrong.

No you were not... here is the post you replied to, why lie. Post 1809

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
Out of interest, did they show his chancellor saying there would need to be an emergency budget and instant tax rises?
Not that I recall

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No you were not... here is the post you replied to, why lie. Post 1809

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
Out of interest, did they show his chancellor saying there would need to be an emergency budget and instant tax rises?
Not that I recall

Wrong Wrong again.

If you read #1783 you would notice that I posted

Although out of interest Sky News were running a trailer this morning, which had a snippet of David Cameron (remember him, ex PM) saying, the pound will fall and prices will rise. And guess what the pound is lower and imported goods are costing more.

A question was then posed asking

THE QUESTION IS OBVIOUSLY IN RESPECT OF WHETHER OR NOT THE SKY NEWS TRAILER INCLUDED GEORGE OSBORNE COMMENTING ON TAXES AND BUDGET

my response was therefore only in respect of that trailer.

Anyone who is unable to understand that is just an >< I leave you to fill in the blank.

If you ask at your local library or school you maybe able to enroll in English lessons to help you out understanding posts.

I look forward to your grovelling apology.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You repeatedly fail to understand what I'm saying because it challenges a basic tenet of your belief system. You think I have a narrow view but, as an obviously fervent servant of your religion, it's your very subjectivity that denies you the perspective to form any objective assessment.

I understand that parliamentary accountability is important to you and your beliefs and you also believe that it is important to millions of others. What I'm saying is that you are unable to separate your belief from reality and that you assume but you don't know the others who voted the same way as you in the referendum share your motivation.

Throughout history, every belief system has maintained control and order over their adherents by promising future benefits; Christian religions promise an eternal life of pleasure or pain, English Trial by Ordeal promised proof of innocence through survival, Communism promises each according to their needs, Hinduism promises reincarnation & eternal life, Capitalism promises future wealth for all, Mediaeval witch trials promised truth by drowning, the UK justice system promises truth by oath & jury, Democracy promises you accountability.

You repeat the mantras of your own religion and your opinion is based on your belief but that does not make it real or true.

You do not know that millions argued that we should have full control of lawmaking, that is your assumption. How many people know what the UK lawmaking process is? How many people know what the EU lawmaking process is? How many people know which laws were passed by the EU. Are all the laws passed by the EU bad? Which EU laws would you have challenged? How did you attempt to influence those EU laws you object to? How many people know which EU laws the UK voted against. How many people know which EU laws were significantly modified by the UK before they reached the statute books? How many people know which laws originated in the European Court of Human Rights? How many people have been informed about EU laws by tabloid? How many people have been informed about EU laws by their own basic psychological needs?

You do not know that we will have full control of lawmaking once we have left the EU, that is your assumption. Who are "we"? What is "full control"? What additional benefit will we derive? How will you personally benefit from having full control of lawmaking? What additional freedoms will you enjoy? How will your life be improved? How will UK society benefit?

Neither you can nor anyone else has described what "full control of lawmaking" entails.

You state . No they didn't, that is your assumption. Did they know what the accountability of the EU is? Do you know what accountability the EU has? Do you know what accountability the UK retains within the EU? Do those other millions?

I know you're blinded by your faith but if you'd read and (here's the key) understood what I'd posted earlier on this thread then you'd realise why that comes across as such a silly little conceit.

what a load of rubbish
democracy and accountability are real and true.they are not imagined,psychological or based on faith.
they are measurable,you can have more, the same amount or less

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If you can provide evidence of where people have on these threads accused leavers of being racist, by all means share with us all.

the attempts at tarring everyone with the same brush have occurred

when people like [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] come out with

Somewhat ironic that all the people you lot wanted to rein in ( brown foreigners) will be travelling around or staying here unencumbered while the average Englander is going to have to jump through endless hoOps just to go camping in France. You lot really have shot yourselves, and the man next to you, in the foot.
So much for setting Britain free.

its very clear where the sentiments of some(not all) remainers lie. its silly to pretend it has not occurred on these various referendum threads

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I just knew that as soon as the announcements on the growth and Nissan cars was made today that the people who voted leave would jump on here to tell us all that we told you it would be OK.
I think they did not listen properly to the report, while I agree that something is better than nothing it is nowhere near as good news as you think it is, especially as we have not even got out of Europe yet.

Unfortunately I just knew that that as soon as the announcements on growth and Nissan cars were made that the remoaner usual suspects on here would try and find some negative aspect to desperately grasp on to. Describing the fastest growing economy in the G7 for this year and safeguarding thousands of jobs long into a post Brexit world as something better than nothing just about sums you lot up.

:shootself

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
the attempts at tarring everyone with the same brush have occurred

when people like [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] come out with

its very clear where the sentiments of some(not all) remainers lie. its silly to pretend it has not occurred on these various referendum threads

Thanks for that very enlightening.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Unfortunately I just knew that that as soon as the announcements on growth and Nissan cars were made that the remoaner usual suspects on here would try and find some negative aspect to desperately grasp on to. Describing the fastest growing economy in the G7 for this year and safeguarding thousands of jobs long into a post Brexit world as something better than nothing just about sums you lot up.

:shootself

Just a quick remoan for you, we are only growing if you measure in (devalued) pounds. If you value in US Dollars, the currency most often quoted for international sales, we are smaller than we were before the vote.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You carry on, you have said absolutely nothing that has materialised, you my friend are a busted flush, not even an acknowledgment of something that is quite unreservedly a positive for the UK, chin up ......

You seem to have me mistaken for someone else or some other thread ? A " Busted Flush " ? it would seem that you are need of being flushed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here