Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking fine help

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The problem we have is we did appeal to the council as soon as she got the ticket, explained the mistake and showed proof we had paid- all be it the wrong vehicle! The reply she got was at best patronizing. Although they agreed they could see a mistake had been made they still rejected the appeal. So we have been left with the option pay at the 'discounted' rate of £25 or allow the fine to increase to £50 and then appeal via the independent system.

As others have said, this almost amounts to blackmail and the decision lies with the person who reads the email- on a different day you may receive a different response!

So do we just pay the lower amount and be done with the aggravation or do we stand our ground and take it further but risk paying double.

Tell them to go **** themselves. See you in court. Bullies need to be confronted.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem we have is we did appeal to the council as soon as she got the ticket, explained the mistake and showed proof we had paid- all be it the wrong vehicle! The reply she got was at best patronizing. Although they agreed they could see a mistake had been made they still rejected the appeal. So we have been left with the option pay at the 'discounted' rate of £25 or allow the fine to increase to £50 and then appeal via the independent system.

As others have said, this almost amounts to blackmail and the decision lies with the person who reads the email- on a different day you may receive a different response!

So do we just pay the lower amount and be done with the aggravation or do we stand our ground and take it further but risk paying double.

Do not pay anything tell them you want to take it to an independant tribunal the worst outcome will be the tribunal will set it at the lower rate to be paid with in x number of days

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Prey tell, how does a forum fight unfair parking fines? Does the forum share ideas among each other that help individuals fight unfair parking fines?

Indeed it does. It also holds councils to account when THEY break the rules.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Indeed it does. It also holds councils to account when THEY break the rules.

I think peppipoo does a grand job,.however in this case, it was surely the op that broke the rules, no?

Had similar situatons before with my work permits, having put the wrong one in the window and got clobbered.

I appealed and was let off but told next time that wouldn't be the case.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that if the OP takes it to a tribunal there is vefry good chance that the council will give in a cancel it if niot common sense will prevail and he will win. As I have said before if he doesnt it wont cost him any more.

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
I think peppipoo does a grand job,.however in this case, it was surely the op that broke the rules, no?

Had similar situatons before with my work permits, having put the wrong one in the window and got clobbered.

I appealed and was let off but told next time that wouldn't be the case.

I guess it somewhat depends on your viewpoint. Are you paying to park a specific vehicle or any vehicle ? Given previously most councils used pay and display that didn't require you to enter a reg number ( and many places still don't where they have pay and display machines ) why should it change with mobile payment ? Indeed they haven't been granted the authority to make such a change - so why have they attempted to do so ?

The council lost out on ZERO revenue, zilch, nothing - so they should just accept they've made their 'profit' and not proceed with such a ridiculously stupid claim - obviously this isn't taking into account how stupid and retarded council officers are !

*** Awaits TLO under his new guise of The Albion Roar to post some daft and sickly defence of council officers ***

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Hoping one of you can offer me some advise about a parking ticket.

My wife recently parked in a pay and display in Lewes and used the app to pay for 2 hours parking, however she had forgotten to change the registration number to that of our new car. she then got a ticket as the amount she paid would have been logged against our old car (we had only just got the new car).

This was clearly a simply mistake by her with no intention of dodging the pay and display, we appealed the ticket and explained the simple mistake. We got the most patronizing response from them explaining they couldn't cancel the ticket for that reason and if we wanted to appeal we would need to wait for the the discounted payment time to expire and then appeal to the independent parking adjudicator.

I get tickets on my van every now and then and I just pay and try to be more careful but this has really bugged me and become more about principle, I except she made a mistake but it was something so easily done. We even sent in proof of payment. The reply we got from them looked as though it was being explained to a toddler and secondly having to wait till the fine increases to appeal the decision made by Lewes council. It feels a bit like a monopoly game where they make the rules.

That's winnable by citing the key case about a dentist who did the same thing and the PATAS Lead Adjudicator found in his favour. As Westdene Seagull told you, pepipoo will see you right and will be able to dredge up the key case.

You will be at 'NTO' stage shortly and yes, the bribe (discount) has gone. Still winnable.

Jan 30, 2008
Hoping one of you can offer me some advise about a parking ticket.

My wife recently parked in a pay and display in Lewes and used the app to pay for 2 hours parking, however she had forgotten to change the registration number to that of our new car. she then got a ticket as the amount she paid would have been logged against our old car (we had only just got the new car).

This was clearly a simply mistake by her with no intention of dodging the pay and display, we appealed the ticket and explained the simple mistake. We got the most patronizing response from them explaining they couldn't cancel the ticket for that reason and if we wanted to appeal we would need to wait for the the discounted payment time to expire and then appeal to the independent parking adjudicator.

I get tickets on my van every now and then and I just pay and try to be more careful but this has really bugged me and become more about principle, I except she made a mistake but it was something so easily done. We even sent in proof of payment. The reply we got from them looked as though it was being explained to a toddler and secondly having to wait till the fine increases to appeal the decision made by Lewes council. It feels a bit like a monopoly game where they make the rules.
Eastern Europeans DOING THE DIRTY WORK AGAIN ???
regards
DR

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
I guess it somewhat depends on your viewpoint. Are you paying to park a specific vehicle or any vehicle ? Given previously most councils used pay and display that didn't require you to enter a reg number ( and many places still don't where they have pay and display machines ) why should it change with mobile payment ? Indeed they haven't been granted the authority to make such a change - so why have they attempted to do so ?

The council lost out on ZERO revenue, zilch, nothing - so they should just accept they've made their 'profit' and not proceed with such a ridiculously stupid claim - obviously this isn't taking into account how stupid and retarded council officers are !

*** Awaits TLO under his new guise of The Albion Roar to post some daft and sickly defence of council officers ***

That's winnable by citing the key case about a dentist who did the same thing and the PATAS Lead Adjudicator found in his favour. As Westdene Seagull told you, pepipoo will see you right and will be able to dredge up the key case.

You will be at 'NTO' stage shortly and yes, the bribe (discount) has gone. Still winnable.

If you haven't already share the word

http://casehub.com/blog/parking-eye-civil-claims-bankrupt-CCJ-county-court-judgment

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003

It's worth pointing out that this thread was concerning a council parking fine - i.e. a proper fine. The shit Parking Eye send you is not a fine. It's a parking charge and easily fought with the correct knowledge. I've had two charges from them and three charges from other scamming parking companies and never paid a penny ( nor have I received a CCJ from them ).

Regardless, the action is welcome but it's misguided to think it will bankrupt Parking Eye. It won't as their parent company has cash reserves in the billions. They'll just pay up. Capita brought the company I worked for in cash - ironically £15m. That amount of money is nothing to them.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
It's worth pointing out that this thread was concerning a council parking fine - i.e. a proper fine. The shit Parking Eye send you is not a fine. It's a parking charge and easily fought with the correct knowledge. I've had two charges from them and three charges from other scamming parking companies and never paid a penny ( nor have I received a CCJ from them ).

Regardless, the action is welcome but it's misguided to think it will bankrupt Parking Eye. It won't as their parent company has cash reserves in the billions. They'll just pay up. Capita brought the company I worked for in cash - ironically £15m. That amount of money is nothing to them.

I understand that and you are correct but it would be nice to give them a bloody nose, the aggressive use of ccj's to collect such relatively small amounts is pure filth

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here