Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I like Corbyn. He'll never be leader though. The far right, corporations and the ultra wealthy have seized control of Britain and lied to us to make it seem a democratic process, and they will not give it up now. Usher in the age of Tax haven Britain, a Britain held to ransom by global corporations, an age of no NHS and of dwindling workers rights. A landscape moulded for the super rich, designed to let the poor disappear and the rich to reap the rewards of our hard work.
Take a good look at Corbyn , folks. He'll be the last of his kind in our lifetimes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't you just love that word "independent" - it has that lovely ring to it, that the good folk really had truly open minds, and you hear it so often. Many years ago whilst studying, I appealed about a mark given to me, and the matter was referred to an "independent" marker, who agreed with the original mark. I accepted that, as there really was little I could do, but later found out that the "independent" person was the other lecturer on the course . .
And fancy a former BBC exec agreeing!

And here we have it, the reason you're so bitter.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I like Corbyn. He'll never be leader though. The far right, corporations and the ultra wealthy have seized control of Britain and lied to us to make it seem a democratic process, and they will not give it up now. Usher in the age of Tax haven Britain, a Britain held to ransom by global corporations, an age of no NHS and of dwindling workers rights. A landscape moulded for the super rich, designed to let the poor disappear and the rich to reap the rewards of our hard work.
Take a good look at Corbyn , folks. He'll be the last of his kind in our lifetimes.

Yes take a good look ....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...rbyn-and-John-McDonnells-close-IRA-links.html

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...labour-leadership-foreign-policy-antisemitism

Hope he is the last of his kind.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I opened one of the links and one of the first things it mentioned was that the media overwhelmingly sought to question JC's leadership credentials from the moment he was elected. There is a good reason for that: we cannot have a leader who is a pacifist.

theres another reason: he has never led anything. he has spent a political career on the fringes, supporting causes but never actually driving policy in any meaningful way. he's suited as chairman of a committee, to ensure everyone voice and opinion is heard, not taking a leading role in making actual decisions. he lost the support of so many of front bench because they say he was distant and uncommunicative, he may say he had an open door but it apparently had a bouncer or two. leaders dont need to have an open door, they need to go out and ask you in.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Hopefully he will be precisely that, and then traditional Labour MPs will not be shouted down and hounded out, come the re-selection process.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Who let them out of jail then ?
What a pitifully weak response, the reasons behind releasing terrorists and the Good Friday Agreement have been done to death on here , I agree with the GFA , however Corbyn and Mcdonnell were active supporters of the PIRA whilst they were blowing up YOUR hometown you treacherous tosspot, Corbyn opposed the Anglo Irish Agreement because according to him it lessened the chance of a united ireland, Corbyn makes mealy mouthed excuses about meeting PIRA to try to ''understand'' them , well how come he never met the UDA or UVF then ? I'll tell you why because he was a fellow traveler of republican terrorists , he never had any input into ANY of the peace talks that led to the GFA agreement or any mandate to , he was a terrorist supporter , plain and simple , but you knew that anyway, id like you to explain your support of him to some of the ordinary staff working at the Grand in 1984,you know the GrandHotel, its the one blown up by the PIRA in YOUR hometown with no consideration whatsoever for ordinary people working there :wanker:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

and yet it is the modern left as represented by JC with its enthusiastic advocacy of an unlimited free market in labour and globalisation that does the most to advance the cause of capitalism and the super rich....

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
What a pitifully weak response, the reasons behind releasing terrorists and the Good Friday Agreement have been done to death on here , I agree with the GFA , however Corbyn and Mcdonnell were active supporters of the PIRA whilst they were blowing up YOUR hometown you treacherous tosspot, Corbyn opposed the Anglo Irish Agreement because according to him it lessened the chance of a united ireland, Corbyn makes mealy mouthed excuses about meeting PIRA to try to ''understand'' them , well how come he never met the UDA or UVF then ? I'll tell you why because he was a fellow traveler of republican terrorists , he never had any input into ANY of the peace talks that led to the GFA agreement or any mandate to , he was a terrorist supporter , plain and simple , but you knew that anyway, id like you to explain your support of him to some of the ordinary staff working at the Grand in 1984,you know the GrandHotel, its the one blown up by the PIRA in YOUR hometown with no consideration whatsoever for ordinary people working there :wanker:

Calm down dear

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

And Ted Heath recommended that YOUR Queen pin a medal on that murdering piece of shite Derek Wilford when he should have hanged for killing ordinary people where they lived.

MPs like Corbyn had to engage in talks in the name of PEACE.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I went to the Metropole mostly because I don't feel I have any way of hearing what he stands for such is the media bias and the knee jerk dismissal.

He spoke well and seemed curiously unradical. He said he didn't get how reducing firefighters and closing fire stations would make us safer, he talked about the false economies of the housing cuts for children changing schools every six months when tenancies end.

Aside from the thread hijackers here, many particularly on the left don't have a problem with what he says, the issue is with what he does. Speeches are supposed to be a rallying cry and a call to action. There is no action, it is like the man looks at the world through his Islingon letterbox. Yes it would be lovely if poverty and bombs went away, I couldn't agree more, but placards don't feed the needy or stop bullets.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
And Ted Heath recommended that YOUR Queen pin a medal on that murdering piece of shite Derek Wilford when he should have hanged for killing ordinary people where they lived.

MPs like Corbyn had to engage in talks in the name of PEACE.
If you want to blame anyone blame the IRA members who opened fire first , as for your assertion that ''Corbyn had to engage in talks in the name of PEACE'' what part of the known facts that Corbyn NEVER engaged with anyone other than PIRA, OPPOSED the anglo irish agreement because it lessened the chance of a united ireland, took NO PART WHATSOEVER in any of the peace talks that led to the GFA , and NEVER met any of the loyalist paramilitaries in the name of ''peace'' are you struggling to understand you utter cretin ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Calm down dear
Funnily enough people who support terrorists who detonate bombs in this country , particularly Brighton have the opposite effect on me , obviously you dont think enough of your home town or country to feel the same judging by your second pitifully weak response.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The far right, corporations and the ultra wealthy have seized control of Britain .

must have missed that election

which far right organisation, which corporations, and which ultra wealthy individuals have seized control of Britain?
Inventing things in your head that you cant back up doest make them true

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here