Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
:)

Around 3:40 is my favourite....

The 2nd bloke looks as if he's wearing a really cheap, foam muscle suit. Extraordinary. Shouty man was disturbing, that poor woman next to him.
But Dave Lammy MP is absolutely spot on. He is not a bad loser, he's talking sense. A decision of this magnitude should have required a 2/3rds majority and all 3 nations should have had to have been in majority agreement. He's right.
Super to see people take to the streets to voice those disapproval at the way the vote went. That the vote ever took place. Gives me hope to see our continental neighbours dancing on the streets of England's capital...long may they do so.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The 2nd bloke looks as if he's wearing a really cheap, foam muscle suit. Extraordinary. Shouty man was disturbing, that poor woman next to him.
But Dave Lammy MP is absolutely spot on. He is not a bad loser, he's talking sense. A decision of this magnitude should have required a 2/3rds majority and all 3 nations should have had to have been in majority agreement. He's right.
Super to see people take to the streets to voice those disapproval at the way the vote went. That the vote ever took place. Gives me hope to see our continental neighbours dancing on the streets of England's capital...long may they do so.

You really are a strange,delusional,thing.Change the rules after the vote and ignore one of the FOUR nations of the United Kingdom.Or don't you think England should have been allowed to vote?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You really are a strange,delusional,thing.Change the rules after the vote and ignore one of the FOUR nations of the United Kingdom.Or don't you think England should have been allowed to vote?

You don't half make some mad leaps of logic. Where on earth have I ever said that? Clue: never.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You don't half make some mad leaps of logic. Where on earth have I ever said that? Clue: never.

Don't you ever read the garbage you bombard the internet with?I quote "all 3 nations should have had to have been in majority agreement".I feel sure your school report reflects your lack of intelligence,but you probably didn't read it!England,Scotland,Wales,Ulster should add up to 4 countries in even your f**kwitted excuse for a brain.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Don't you ever read the garbage you bombard the internet with?I quote "all 3 nations should have had to have been in majority agreement".I feel sure your school report reflects your lack of intelligence,but you probably didn't read it!England,Scotland,Wales,Ulster should add up to 4 countries in even your f**kwitted excuse for a brain.

I don't think the previous poster ever suggested that the rules should be changed after the vote - have another read of his post. You have seized on an apparent typo - saying 3 nations instead of 4 - and somersaulted that into a suggestion that he didn't want England to have a vote. Crazy. In your gentle way you then roar into him for not knowing that the four countries of the UK are 'England, Scotland, Wales, Ulster'. I am sure the poster does know that the UK has four countries and I'm also sure that he knows that Ulster is not a correct description for one of them.

Step outside the glass house next time.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I should imagine yours read something along the lines of : " Doesn't play well with others" ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't think the previous poster ever suggested that the rules should be changed after the vote - have another read of his post. You have seized on an apparent typo - saying 3 nations instead of 4 - and somersaulted that into a suggestion that he didn't want England to have a vote. Crazy. In your gentle way you then roar into him for not knowing that the four countries of the UK are 'England, Scotland, Wales, Ulster'. I am sure the poster does know that the UK has four countries and I'm also sure that he knows that Ulster is not a correct description for one of them.

Certainly seems quite angry doesn't he. I have heard people refer to NI as Ulster before. As you point out It's geographically incorrect in that only 6 of it's 9 counties are in NI. People usually only refer to it as Ulster to deliberately wind people up and I'm sure he know this.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Did you really write that and most of all actually believe it?
This was posted on the sky website today it seems that the Brexit campaign did indeed get the figure wrong. We actually BEFORE any rebates of any kind paid the EU millions more than the £350 million claimed. All from the national statistics office. I await the remainers delusional counter claims.
http://news.sky.com/story/uk-paid-163199m-to-eu-a-week-official-figures-10519565

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

So he didn't say he thought the vote needed a 2/3's majority-I must have mis-read it.Not

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Certainly seems quite angry doesn't he. I have heard people refer to NI as Ulster before. As you point out It's geographically incorrect in that only 6 of it's 9 counties are in NI. People usually only refer to it as Ulster to deliberately wind people up and I'm sure he know this.

Been on Wiki again and read a little bit-now you're an expert on Irish history.So the Ulster Defence Regiment never existed?Try reading more than one paragraph,you might broaden your mind a bit.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I should imagine yours read something along the lines of : " Doesn't play well with others" ?

No,wrong again.My final report said I was a good team leader and player,but was quite intolerant of people who didn't meet my high standards-"doesn't suffer fools gladly" :tosser:

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
To be fair I think we would all like the type of Europe that [MENTION=23343]Baldseagull[/MENTION] describes The fundamental difference is that anyone who voted to leave believes none of that is possible in the EU's current form, and that it will never reform itself.

It is already in the pocket of big buisness, read about corporate lobbyists and the EU. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen here, but at least it is held to account and scrutinised.

It's already less democratic than our current system, every power that moves to Brussels takes it an extra step away from the citizen. Our system needs reform and we have more chance of doing it outside the EU. Again, the EU is a step away from accountability and scrutiny.

I think everyone would like greater equality, how is that going so far? Ask Greece, Italy or Portugal if some countries are more equal than others.

Time will tell who is right or wrong. There are pros and cons either way, but on balance I believe the odds are better outside.

It will never happen because we never took the EU seriously, elected a bunch of very lazy, anti-intellectual, regressive UKIP MEPs to sit there and take the piss as people around them worked hard on their behalf. Everything Baldseagulll described was either already true or possible with a little effort and political will.There are economic, political, and environmental challenges where we desperately need the same outcome and have identical interests. Yet we will be relegated to cheering from the sidelines while the big boys take the decisions.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Gibraltar?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No,wrong again.My final report said I was a good team leader and player,but was quite intolerant of people who didn't meet my high standards-"doesn't suffer fools gladly" :tosser:

Must have been disappointing that they called you a wanker as the closing comment though.
;-)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Strange nothing was said about this BEFORE the referendum though. Nor indeed do I remember much talk of it when the act went through parliament to allow the referendum.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Been on Wiki again and read a little bit-now you're an expert on Irish history.So the Ulster Defence Regiment never existed?Try reading more than one paragraph,you might broaden your mind a bit.

Naming a regiment of the British army the Ulster Defence Regiment does not make Ulster a country. I would suggest you need to do a bit more reading yourself.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So he didn't say he thought the vote needed a 2/3's majority-I must have mis-read it.Not

It seems you have misread it twice, he said should have needed a 2/3 majority. The reason it did not was of course that it was a non binding referendum, it would be a bit strange to have a threshold required for action, on something that does not require action, at any level of result.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

2/3rds majority of the electorate. Not 2 out of 3 nations.

I would also suggest anyone that has to resort to using his school report to try and win an argument is probably the fool in that argument.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here