NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Where I was, in the West Upper D Block, everyone around me stood up and gave the biggest, longest round of applause I've witnessed for a player coming off - and thoroughly deserved too!

Same in my part of the North. Bruno has ascended to Albion Legend status I think.

Someone mentioned the kerfuffle at the end of the match - Dyche seemed to be wobbling over to it until Pawson got in his way (presumably for the hand over of the cash).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Was him being at fault for Burnley's first goal, one of the three errors you mention?

What are you talking about?

The bigger issue was the cross reaching that point and the gap between Bruno and Stephens, the fact your player was in front of him and shielding the ball (well), meant Bruno didn't have a chance.

If there's blame to be apportioned it would be towards Stephens for not reacting and closing that gap or Hughton for not positioning Hemed in a similar place to where Barnes/Mureay used to be under Poyet.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
He is a superb player. I have no idea what went through his head to move to us from Valencia. He could easily have played top flight football. Whatever the reason we are all thankfull!

I agree, I really appreciate having been able to watch Bruno the last three seasons or is this his fourth? Anyway hopefully we'll get at least one more yet. Maybe he'll get one more year in the Premier league next season

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Definitely Knockeart he took it past Ward who then recovered well to win the ball back.

There were two bits of skill on the West touchline.

1. Knockaert who plucked the ball out of the sky in our half who then lost the resultant tussle.
2. Bruno, in their half, who did some witchcraft to go round his man like he wasn't there. I turned to [MENTION=2743]Mellor 3 Ward 4[/MENTION] and said "How on earth did he do that?"

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
There were two bits of skill on the West touchline.

1. Knockaert who plucked the ball out of the sky in our half who then lost the resultant tussle.
2. Bruno, in their half, who did some witchcraft to go round his man like he wasn't there. I turned to @Mellor 3 Ward 4 and said "How on earth did he do that?"

I remember it because I turned to my television and said "OOOHHHFFF!! HAHAHAHAHA" then I tried to do the Ali-G finger slappy thing.

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
Was him being at fault for Burnley's first goal, one of the three errors you mention?

Afraid that's nonsense as others have pointed out. Not much he could have done to stop the flick on. The true offender is Rosenior (who otherwise had a good game) who, if you watch carefully, is marking Gray as the ball initially comes in but loses concentration and drifts off him as the ball is bounced round the box.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Wearing that captain's armband, there is something increasingly magisterial about our hairless bewinged-sandalled warrior. I felt it interfered with his flairophilic nutmeg-on-toast ways at first, but the responsibilities he now carries are blending well with his efforts to bedazzle.
For all his little imperfections, his love affair with a football - stroking it, playing around with it, and gently controlling it before walloping it with venom - is a slightly dirty joy to witness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here