Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What have you seen developed, delivered and redundant in your lifetime ?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Governments that care for workers rights, the less well off and the vulnerable.

That hasn't yet been developed or delivered in my lifetime, let alone become redundant

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Really really don't get the cassette thing. Can you shed any light on it? Is it simply a retro thing? Cos they sound shit.

Not with a Nakamichi tape deck or a Sony Pro Walkman they don't.

Come to think of it I have a pristine example of the latter somewhere....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Will be in every car as standard equipment for years to come ....

Cars will have onscreen navigation for years to come...it won't be SatNav though. Android Auto is set to put Google Maps at the heart of vehicle navigation. The old SatNav technology will disappear.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When did these stop - I've being doing one every year for years, inc last year

Or do you just mean YOU don't need to do SA anymore?

I mean they're on the way out, this government is committed to that. Another reference to digital tax accounts in the Autumn Statement today, CGT on residential 2nd properties to be calculated on completion and tax paid within 30 days is another nail in the coffin of SA.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
ok. will prob regret asking..... surprise peas?? were they carrots?? please tell...43 yr old me is none the wiser....
Sensible answer!

They were freeze-dried peas, if I remember rightly. Home freezers weren't common, but you could buy packets of these peas, add boiling water, and hey presto! peas without having to shell them. One of the wonders of the age (early to mid 60s, I guess).

Once frozen peas and home freezers came in, they were gone...........

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Don't ask me, I'm not a hipster.

Wasn't suggesting you were sir! Just wondered if you had any idea why they were popular in some circles.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Not with a Nakamichi tape deck or a Sony Pro Walkman they don't.

Come to think of it I have a pristine example of the latter somewhere....

Really? I'm not convinced. Even a 128kbps mp3 sounds much better. The hiss of a cassette doesn't have that lovely warmth of a record crackle.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Really really don't get the cassette thing. Can you shed any light on it? Is it simply a retro thing? Cos they sound shit.

I just bought a second hand car complete with a cassette deck. I have dusted off a load of old cassette s and they sound superb. That said It's only a matter of time before they start to chew up. But for now I think the sound is superior to digital. (I am not a hipster btw).

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Cassettes sound ok in a car but that's not road noise you're hearing!

I just bought a second hand car complete with a cassette deck. I have dusted off a load of old cassette s and they sound superb. That said It's only a matter of time before they start to chew up. But for now I think the sound is superior to digital. (I am not a hipster btw).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here