Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk - Refusing to play?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Depends how you want to look at it.
As far as I'm seen the only FACT of this 67 page bilge is Dunk was dropped to the bench on Saturday for the new signing. He also didn't play in the weakened squad the previous Tuesday which somehow warranted this thread.
Any more actual FACTS I'm missing here?

Fulham's bids and the whirlwhind of transfer speculation? Context can be useful.
I think enough people have reported that a rumour has spread, to say that it is without doubt a fact that this rumour has spread.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If Murphy replaces Solly in the starting lineup tonight, I look forward to the 'Solly March - Refusing to play?' thread.

Fulham's bids and the whirlwhind of transfer speculation? Context can be useful.
I think enough people have reported that a rumour has spread, to say that it is without doubt a fact that this rumour has spread.

OK, Fulham have bid for the player.
Rumours do not equal fact and FACT into DOUBT won't go.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't find any league tables for January 2014, but we definitely weren't sixth when Barnes left - from memory, we got into the top six for the first time that year after our consecutive wins against Leicester and Charton.

Wrong. 25 games in, 10 Jan 14 - the day Barnes signed for Burnley - we reached our highest place of that season thus far - 6th. It's on Wikipedia.

We spent the next 16 games in positions 7-9 before hanging onto 6th place for the remainder of the season. Our goals tally was poor until Lingard had that decent month in April when the team perked up briefly.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wrong. 25 games in, 10 Jan 14 - the day Barnes signed for Burnley - we reached our highest place of that season thus far - 6th. It's on Wikipedia.
Got a link?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

We spent the next 16 games in positions 7-9 before hanging onto 6th place for the remainder of the season. Our goals tally was poor until Lingard had that decent month in April when the team perked up briefly.

So we weren't top 6 when Barnes was still playing for us then - his last league game would've been Jan 1st.

Anyone got a link to tables on specific dates? I did find one once, but can't relocate it. It was quite interesting to look back at how our position moved about in previous seasons - 96/97 in particular!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He didn't. He wasn't. He could easily have scored the winning goal.
Liverpool were awful.

Though you of course do know this and I've no idea why I'm typing it.

I will not guve Sky any money so didnt see the game and was basing this on what people posted on here about Benteke taking him to the cleaners. Mind everybody on here said Bournemouth wre awful but Eddie Howe said they were very good.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Well this thread has gone completely off the rails. 68 pages :lolol: arguments now ensuing over completely irrelevant topics.. Classic NSC :lol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So we weren't top 6 when Barnes was still playing for us then - his last league game would've been Jan 1st.

Anyone got a link to tables on specific dates? I did find one once, but can't relocate it. It was quite interesting to look back at how our position moved about in previous seasons - 96/97 in particular!

That was probably the brilliant and encyclopaedic www.statto.com but it's down at the moment. They're asking for Twitter followers to persuade backers to help out. [MENTION=4084]Statto[/MENTION]Com

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He's refusing to play because he's joining the Weetabix club. Quick, start the rumour, it'll be fact within 60 pages!

weetabix3.jpg

Bkc3yRgIYAA6k8H.jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That was probably the brilliant and encyclopaedic www.statto.com but it's down at the moment. They're asking for Twitter followers to persuade backers to help out. [MENTION=4084]Statto[/MENTION]Com

That sounds familiar. However, I've found another: footstats.co.uk. It does indeed show that we reached sixth on 11th Jan - I certainly didn't remember that - with a 1-0 win v Brum. This was after Barnes had played his last league game for us, coming on as a late sub in the 1-1 home draw against Bournemouth, at which point we were 7th on GD - I hadn't remembered us being this close then either.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
OK, Fulham have bid for the player.
Rumours do not equal fact and FACT into DOUBT won't go.

Too right. The number of facts in this thread is rather limited. That said, we should know more by the time the team is announced for tonight's game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wrong. We played our 25th game on the 11th Jan, after Barnes had left. We were 7th when he left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here