Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Albion manager: the Nigel Adkins discussion thread

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I don't think I could stand the relentless positivity after yet another defeat.

Not for me, thanks.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I would take anyone that would get us out of the bottom 3 before the end of the season, IMO Adkins would, I'd have doubts Karl Robinson could.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Never Adkins.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'll get shot for this...

Atkins...

OK it didn’t work at Reading. but he is proven in the football league. You can't deny what he did at Soton..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There are far worse names being bandied about, I could live with him being appointed, but you're right it wouldn't be a popular appointment.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I personally wouldn't rule him out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How would Adkins' Southampton team fared under FFP?

It would seem with any kind of constraint, Adkins' is a teeny weeny bit shitehouse.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There are far worse names being bandied about, I could live with him being appointed, but you're right it wouldn't be a popular appointment.
Our fans are quite fickle and are easily won over. I'm sure Bloom wouldn't give a monkeys whether he was popular or not. He will put the club first and not the fans opinions. A bit like not sacking Hyypia.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But didn't replicate it at Reading. He took over Pardew's team and only had to tweak it.

So he got two promotions, in some style, and began to find his feet in the Premier League before being sacked and Pardew gets the credit? OK

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Our fans are quite fickle and are easily won over. I'm sure Bloom wouldn't give a monkeys whether he was popular or not. He will put the first and not the fans. A bit like not sacking Hyypia.

He didn't sack Hyypia because he'd have to pay compensation. He knew the pressure would tell, so that he would have to resign. I said that a month ago.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So he got two promotions, in some style, and began to find his feet in the Premier League before being sacked and Pardew gets the credit? OK

And a decent record before that too, 2 promos in 2 season can't argue with that

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What's Pardew, the manager at Newcastle got to do with it? (He last managed Reading in 2003). Atkins took over from McDermott.

He took over from Pardew at Southampton when Pardew was sacked. It was Pardew's team that Adkins (not Atkins) managed to promote.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He took over from Pardew at Southampton when Pardew was sacked. It was Pardew's team that Adkins (not Atkins) managed to promote.
Fair enough - I thought we were talking about Reading. To give credit where it's due, he actually revived that Southampton team after the previous manager (the one after Pardew) had lost every single match (OK, it was a caretaker manager, actually - and it was only three matches!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here