Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ulloa - assuming he is fit, should he start against Hull?

Should Leo start against Hull

• Yes, play our best team and he needs game time anyway

Votes: 187 95.9%
  • No, wrap him up in cotton wool

Votes: 8 4.1%

• Total voters

Who the hell is Naylor to suggest the Albion should not play someone.

He is a two bob writer for a local non entity paper, He does not even claim to support the Albion, his stories are nearly all obtained from guess work and NSC. I can not recall the last story he came out with that was not already common knowledge.

As opposed to anyone on here who thinks someone should play, someone shouldn't play, someone should be dropped, someone isn't fit, someone has a bad attitude, someone is the best thing since sliced bread, someone has had a bad game, someone should be rested, someone shouldn't be rested , someone is in the wrong position in the wrong formation, someone is in the wrong position in the right formation and everyone is crap because we lost. I am not sure what the difference is. The club takes no more heed of Naylor and his readers views than it does anyone on here.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
As I posted in the 'Looking forward to Hull' thread a few hours ago:

The only position we would get considerably weaker is if Obika plays ahead of Ulloa, IMO. Other areas we can live with a little easier (i.e Dunk/Brez) as the team is a very solid defensive unit so individual flaws can be made up for, whilst these players have proven themselves worthy stand-ins in the past. The same can't be said for Obika, however, where he would have a hugely responsible role, and - to be brutally honest - he doesn't seem like he's gonna cut it. A shame the match is probably just too soon for CMS.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hmmm.

Don't buy this argument:
-- if fit, he can start three games in eight days. I'm not sure that he can. What's the point of a squad if you're not going to rotate the players?
-- he can always come off if we're winning, as he did on Tuesday
-- after Blackburn, there's four days until the next game against Millwall, and then a week until the next one against Reading, so that'd be five games in 19 days. He can manage that. This is a straw man argument. I'm worried about Blackburn away. The fact that he gets a rest AFTER Blackburn is neither here nor there. Blackburn would be a big ask for a player still struggling after returning from injury
-- finally, and perhaps most importantly, he's just found his scoring boots, he's more likely to keep them on by playing. Rest him, and he might lose them.This, I agree with. Maybe the answer is to play him and be prepared NOT to play him against Blackburn if he's running on empty.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As opposed to anyone on here who thinks someone should play, someone shouldn't play, someone should be dropped, someone isn't fit, someone has a bad attitude, someone is the best thing since sliced bread, someone has had a bad game, someone should be rested, someone shouldn't be rested , someone is in the wrong position in the wrong formation, someone is in the wrong position in the right formation and everyone is crap because we lost. I am not sure what the difference is. The club takes no more heed of Naylor and his readers views than it does anyone on here.

Exactly, however me or other NSC members are not getting paid by a local paper that should be encouraging and positive about the Albion at every opportunity. Not we should not be playing a player because they may get tired or injured playing football. Come on lets be positive, I just do not see that in anything he writes there is always an undercurrent of impending doom and failure.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
He should play, 100%. There is no reason why he shouldn't? He could get injured in any game at any point anyway why should we not play him in this game? Pure disrespect of the cup and completely daft IMO

Moronic from Naylor.

Agreed it's a big game and we should play our strongest team. No reason not to play him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt omit him from the team for fear of injury as we have suffered our fair share of injuries sustained during training and an injury then is always possible unless we stop training.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I think a few of you are being unfair on Naylor here.

It's not so much that he might get crocked in this game. It is that if he plays on Monday, and again against Wigan and Blackburn, then there is a good chance he'll be very leg weary for the Blackburn game, which would be a third match in 8 days. Will OG really just play him for all three?

I'd certainly rather he was at his best on Tuesday week at winnable Blackburn away, as opposed to Hull.

A professional football player should be able to play 3 games in 8 days.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Should've made the poll public so we could ban the offending voters.

Rookie mistake [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION].

It is turning out to be a very unanimous poll :lolol:

Simster seems to be one of the culprits. Who are the other two? (currently)

Last edited:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
He should definitely play, if we take the cup seriously who knows how far we could go.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I will be seriously pissed off if we don't field our strongest team in the 5th round of the FA Cup. This is a real chance to get to the last 8 and after the draw on Sunday, maybe a date at Wembley.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As a matter of interest, what is the game worth, financially?

Money for progressing?

Almost certainly TV again if we get through?

Gate receipts etc....?

Enough to bring a quality player in on loan until the end of the season I would have thought.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He can always be subbed after he gets a hat-trick :thumbsup:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As I posted in the 'Looking forward to Hull' thread a few hours ago:

The only position we would get considerably weaker is if Obika plays ahead of Ulloa, IMO. Other areas we can live with a little easier (i.e Dunk/Brez) as the team is a very solid defensive unit so individual flaws can be made up for, whilst these players have proven themselves worthy stand-ins in the past. The same can't be said for Obika, however, where he would have a hugely responsible role, and - to be brutally honest - he doesn't seem like he's gonna cut it. A shame the match is probably just too soon for CMS.

If Ulloa isn't picked, I'll be very disappointed. He's still getting back to match fitness, and needs games. Not playing him sends out completely the wrong signal IMO, and He could just as easily get injured in training.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
If we get a home draw vs non prem side for the qf then surely he picks strongest team. We could be two home wins vs oppo we would be favs against.

If we draw a big prem side then he will play strongest team.

If we draw champ side away he might be rested.

That is how I see it.

Hull losing to saints was good for us. Surely more likely to rest players.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Maybe two home wins from what would undoubtably be one of the greatest days in Albion history and we are going to rest our main goal scorer ? We had bloody better not. He can put his feet up on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here