Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nick Powell

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
c568c03ba0993102675a231d0c88016a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Complete load of crap, that, from Simon Stone.
League One footballer said no to Premier League team? Itchy beard.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I recall he cupped his ears after scoring their consolation goal against us so may be has 'Wigan' in his DNA. Bless him.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Complete load of crap, that, from Simon Stone.
League One footballer said no to Premier League team? Itchy beard.

I find it odd that so many people think the Premier League is the be-all and end-all for professional footballers. It isn't.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I find it odd that so many people think the Premier League is the be-all and end-all for professional footballers. It isn't.

Well it should be what all ambitious professional footballers aspire to.

I think Nick Powell needs a bit of credit here. He's had his head turned by the big Man Utd move, sounds like he's sulked and disappointed on his loan moves to the point his career was in the balance, and he's now knuckled down to building that career, playing regularly and enjoying his football again. Respect I think if he has genuinely thought he doesn't just want to warm someone's bench, and wants to see out the season with the side he is doing well in. Perhaps he is seriously maturing, and if so, may well be worth another look in the summer.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I think Nick Powell needs a bit of credit here. He's had his head turned by the big Man Utd move, sounds like he's sulked and disappointed on his loan moves to the point his career was in the balance, and he's now knuckled down to building that career, playing regularly and enjoying his football again. Respect I think if he has genuinely thought he doesn't just want to warm someone's bench, and wants to see out the season with the side he is doing well in. Perhaps he is seriously maturing, and if so, may well be worth another look in the summer.

Yes, quite possible.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It is if they think they are good enough to give it a go, not the least being the salary that would go with it.

There are more important things in life than money. Happiness being chief among them.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

But why insult the club.... all he had to say was I am happy where I am for now. He is a tw*t for doing that.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If they dont it can only be as they see it as way to earn a decent living as in any walk of life the ambition should be to reach the top of the tree.

Why should the ambition be to reach the top of the tree in any walk of life?

You used to be a pub landlord. Are you to be castigated for not wanting to own your own chain of pubs?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Also playing football and not sitting on a substitutes bench. It's made me like the fella more

Exactly!

Same as Stockdale. Fair play to them I say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here