Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Colchester - a first MATCH REPORT of the season...

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Here you go: http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?617-Albion-4-0-Colchester-United-09-08-2016

Sorry it took so long to get round to. I was as enthused about this match as Colchester United appeared to be. It was quite fun by the end, mind.

As ever, read it if you want...

Then, in remarkable contrast to the opening hour, the Albion distracted people from their chats and their phones, by suddenly producing not one, not two, but FOUR quality goals. The first a terrific team effort – a fifty yard cross field ball from Ince, into the path of Lualua, whose excellent first touch set him, to tee up Sam Baldock on the edge of the D. Baldock stroked a twenty yard curler into the top right corner - if only Championship defenders would agree to allow him five yards of space and all the time he wants, Sam would surely do this kind of thing every week.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Thanks for that. Didn't get there but wish I had somehow. Roll on tomorrow.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Here you go: http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?617-Albion-4-0-Colchester-United-09-08-2016

Sorry it took so long to get round to. I was as enthused about this match as Colchester United appeared to be. It was quite fun by the end, mind.

As ever, read it if you want...

Excellent - the only thing you missed was how bloody awful the new home kit is! I always want the Albion to play in blue and white stripes, but if this is the best they can come up with I'd rather they used one of the away kits at home too. Even a set of second hand Crystal Palace shirts would be better than this scabrous offering!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Thanks for the comments - appreciate them.
[MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] I'm also not a big fan of the white back on the shirts. Like the red numbers though, and was not expecting to.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Bored of reading online, that Marcelo Bielsa invented Ben White, overnight last August, I decided to scroll back to see what I wrote about his debut, as an 18 year old, 4 years ago...

The first half offered nothing, bar an opportunity to assess the new boys and fringe squad members - Finnish hipster Niki Maenpaa apart, as he was effectively a spectator. Rob Hunt at right back did well, and looks a tidy young player, capable of progression. Canadian left back Sam Adekugbe was fun, but far less convincing. He’s an athlete for sure – strong and quick – but football wise, a lot to learn. Ince showed willing, but will only ever be an emergency option at the back, but his 18 year old partner, Ben White, was the stand-out performer. Composed on the ball and good in the air – an assured display, garnished with a 60 yard Lawrensonesque run up the field. Very promising.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Bored of reading online, that Marcelo Bielsa invented Ben White, overnight last August, I decided to scroll back to see what I wrote about his debut, as an 18 year old, 4 years ago...

White only played well as Bielsa traveled back in time to coach him for that game as he knew one day he'd be managing him at Leeds.

On a side note I missed the game but my Dad went and came away very impressed with Ben, said he looked like he was going to be a very very good player and was one of the best debuts he'd seen in over 50 years of watching us.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Similarly, I remember a pre-season game years ago against Crawley when White and Rea played the second half at the back. Both looked pretty decent and I remember thinking the. that White was worth keeping an eye on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here