Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Warning: The club is setting up Direct Debits for Bronze membership without instruction

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Evening all,

I will be ringing the club tomorrow re. this and have already cancelled it with my bank but I thought I would warn anyone else on here. The club has this evening sent me an email notifying me that they have set up a direct debit to collect money for a bronze membership on 1st June, the catch being I have not asked them to do that for this year. I did set one up for last season, but actually cancelled that before the money was collected so I think it is quite cheeky of them to assume I would want it for this season, when I didn't have it last season and have given them no indication otherwise.

I will let you know what the club say, think I might also be putting in a GDPR request to find out exactly what info the club holds on me and how they process it, just to inconvenience them how they have inconvenienced me.

x

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Evening all,

I will be ringing the club tomorrow re. this and have already cancelled it with my bank but I thought I would warn anyone else on here. The club has this evening sent me an email notifying me that they have set up a direct debit to collect money for a bronze membership on 1st June, the catch being I have not asked them to do that for this year. I did set one up for last season, but actually cancelled that before the money was collected so I think it is quite cheeky of them to assume I would want it for this season, when I didn't have it last season and have given them no indication otherwise.

I will let you know what the club say, think I might also be putting in a GDPR request to find out exactly what info the club holds on me and how they process it, just to inconvenience them how they have inconvenienced me.

x

:moo:

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Evening all,

x

Can I hang around with you ? No, I mean seriously. You are one cool dude.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Evening all,

x

Or.......

...club makes small admin error in failing to record cancellation of direct debit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
popcorn.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I just had confirmation of my daughter's membership by DD, and it does say it will be renewed on the 01 June each year.

Does also say 'Please notify the club if you cancel your DD'...

Last edited:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I've now managed to pick up a season ticket, so I'm guessing the £22 I paid last year wasn't too bad an investment then?
Should I cancel my Bronze membership now?

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
They sent me an email telling me I didn't have a direct debit, when I did. I know they definitely did have it - and indeed they took money from it today.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
They sent me an email telling me I didn't have a direct debit, when I did. I know they definitely did have it - and indeed they took money from it today.

Back in April I received an email implying I didn't have a direct debit set-up, but they sent a corrected email the next day

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Only 68 minutes to the phone call to the club. The Excitement mounts waiting for the next installment of this massive club error.

I'm pacing up and down waiting for the results of this call.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Only 68 minutes to the phone call to the club. The Excitement mounts waiting for the next installment of this massive club error.

I'm pacing up and down waiting for the results of this call.

Might be late opening this morning - surely Barber has all the staff in a crisis meeting ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here