Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Greatest comebacks from losing positions

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Millwall, Goldstone 2-0 down h.t won 3-2 1977 half the North Stand was Millwall.

And Mullery wouldn't let them in the changing room, so the players spent half time on the pitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Millwall, Goldstone 2-0 down h.t won 3-2 1977 half the North Stand was Millwall.

Millwall were on all sides of the Goldstone that day, with many of them wearing surgical masks!
The North Stand stood their ground , and gave as good as they got.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Played in a game myself when I was a kid, must have been 14/15 years old.

4-0 down at half time to the league leaders. Gave ourselves a talking to at half time whilst sucking on the half time oranges and came out like a team possessed.

Full time whistle went and we’d turned it round to win 6-5. Absolute scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has the away game at Coventry been mentioned? Albion 3-0 down with about 15 (?) to go came back to draw 3-3

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
35 years ago this week Brighton beat Spurs 2-1 with two very late goals. According to the MOTD commentator it was our first home win in the league since December.

I was surprised how lukewarm the response was at the final whistle, nothing like the intensity of this season when we've won at home.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Lazarus.

He set the standard by which all others are subsequently measured.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Ah, yes, the ex West Ham and Birmingham winger.

Or indeed Mark Lazarus, the QPR player who scored the winner in the 1969 League Cup Final.

"Having gone two goals down by half time, the QPR team staged a comeback during the second half. With nine minutes of the game remaining, Ron Hunt collided with the WBA goalkeeper, knocking the ball loose. Lazarus latched onto the loose ball and slammed it into the back of an empty net, his team winning the match and trophy 3-2."

Just goes to show that being seemingly dead and buried isn't always how it ends up.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Hibs were leading Motherwell 6-2 a few years ago. Final score 6-6. You can guess the ex seagulls keeper who was in goal for Hibs......

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
3 nil down at half time against leeds at the amex..

I hate the 'pool' but that was an epic come back in cl final 2005.

This season. I enjoyed Palace 2 nil up against man u..

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Seem to remember a friendly vs staua beaucarest at the goldstone. 4-0 down at halftime and we won 5-4

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here