Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Brom fire Chairman and CEO

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
West Brom have sacked chairman John Williams and chief executive Martin Goodman and placed them on garden leave with immediate effect, the club have announced.

The decision comes with the Baggies rock bottom of the Premier League after a run of poor results that sees them seven points off safety.

http://www.football365.com/news/west-brom-sack-chairman-and-ceo-after-run-of-poor-results
----------
Makes a change from sacking the manager I suppose!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lovely stuff.

Pardew can take over everything there.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
West Brom have sacked chairman John Williams and chief executive Martin Goodman and placed them on garden leave with immediate effect, the club have announced.

The decision comes with the Baggies rock bottom of the Premier League after a run of poor results that sees them seven points off safety.

http://www.football365.com/news/west-brom-sack-chairman-and-ceo-after-run-of-poor-results
----------
Makes a change from sacking the manager I suppose!

Manager may well be next. Would make a change from the usual manager loses his job after losing to Brighton scenario.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who'd want to do gardening in this weather?

I think I'd rather stay working for WBA.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ve just read the statement from the CEO. A pathetic two paragraphs, no wonder he got the boot.

#LuckyToHaveVerboseBarber

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
More to this than meets the eye.

The incoming CEO was a previous CEO of the club (for 14 years, "...10 of which were in the PL...") and has "recently" been appointed a Director of the club's holding company.

I could trawl through Companies' House looking for Director linkages, but perhaps [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] has already done so and can shed some light.

With a bit of luck, it's evidence of a serious bust up, and they'll be [more] doomed.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I wonder if there are precedents for a change of chairman and CEO rescuing a club from relegation? Mike Bamber taking over and appointing Brian Clough, perhaps, but otherwise I'm hoping not ...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The sheer blind panic at some clubs over getting relegated from the PL is truly something to behold. Its like they're running round the boardroom with their trousers on fire.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The sheer blind panic at some clubs over getting relegated from the PL is truly something to behold. Its like they're running round the boardroom with their trousers on fire.
West Brom boardroom live webcam.
6c4b4b6a7df17cd3d5c0a0a99dbb03d4.gif

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Anything to do with "fully supporting " Rodriguez....?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
All about $$$$$$$$$$ .

The same with manager sackings.

PL income is on a different planet to the other divisions, so most owners will do absolutely anything to keep their snouts in the trough.

As a supporter, you might be forgiven for thinking that rather than paying contract compensation to Pulis, and now a CEO and Chairman, why not have invested more in the playing staff in the first place? :shrug:

Saying that, the whole Berahino saga did seem particularly car crash. While it may have appeared a strong position of holding a player to his contract, they ultimately reduced an asset's value by 50% and got nothing more out of him. Seemed a particularly stubborn piece of business really.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
West Brom have problems with FFP. I've read that their wage bill is huge and they've struggled to make permanent signings because of it. Think transfers have been mismanaged over a few seasons to get them where they are now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here