Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] That roar when we scored

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I couldn't make it today due to coming back from Dublin. My mate took my tickets and took his friend who is an Arsenal season ticket holder. Spoke to them when they dropped the tickets off, the Arsenal fan said he'd never heard an atmosphere like it, and was considering switching allegiance!
Do idiot fans really switch because of atmospheres?
Modern day footy fans eh:facepalm:

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

They do when they realise that true and real football fans still live and breathe in Brighton. I doff my cap to every single brilliant fan we have

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I also noticed that the "you can tell them all that we STAND OR FALL" line has now significantly taken over the brain-dead "going up to win the Cup" line in our magnificent anthem. Its taken a while, but the masses are now drowning out the dullards. Fantastic.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I also noticed that the "you can tell them all that we STAND OR FALL" line has now significantly taken over the brain-dead "going up to win the Cup" line in our magnificent anthem. Its taken a while, but the masses are now drowning out the dullards. Fantastic.

This. Great news.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

A number of Arsenal fans are getting fed up spending huge amounts of money on season tickets each season and are seeing the team go backwards, a manager 5 years past his sell by date and a 'toxic atmosphere' at the ground. For fans travelling up from Brighton every other week they are spending around £2000 per season to not enjoy watching a team they no longer feel they have a connection to.

I can understand why some would consider walking away.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
A number of Arsenal fans are getting fed up spending huge amounts of money on season tickets each season and are seeing the team go backwards, a manager 5 years past his sell by date and a 'toxic atmosphere' at the ground. For fans travelling up from Brighton every other week they are spending around £2000 per season to not enjoy watching a team they no longer feel they have a connection to.

I can understand why some would consider walking away.

If the Albion were to fold and I was given a FREE Season Ticket to the emirates, I would not accept it.

The dreadful home atmosphere at our recent game really put me off the gunners.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The We've Got Knockaert chant afterwards was deafening. Superb.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I learned not to wear a coat with 'open pockets' again. Keys, tissues, season ticket, cough sweets everywhere.

Somebody in the North was celebrating the goal so hard that one of the letters fell off the back of his new shirt. He was last seen after the game carrying the offending letter in the direction of the club shop to try and have it reattached. Yes, I mean you, DA IS :lol:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Bloody hell. Noisy or what? That will live in the memory a long time. Bloody love the way us Brighton fans are getting behind the team this season.

Completely agree. There was a lot of talk about the players needing to step up this season but there was an element that the fans also needed to. Goals and wins would be less regular than the last couple of seasons but we have to get behind the team at all times. And so far this has happened all season. Every goal has been celebrated like we've won a huge six pointer. Both wins like we have won the league. The Amex has had very good atmospheres in previous seasons (the Sheffield Wednesday play off game and the home game against them last season after Murray was sent off are obvious examples) but all four home games this season have been up with the best Amex atmospheres in my view. The players are giving their all for the club and the fans are doing the same.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Talking to some toffees after the game and they were so impressed with GOSBTS. They said they felt the urge to join in. And their 12 year old said they need a great song like that. We're a bit of a surprise to the Prem aren't we!

Ps on my way to WSL I heard some tv people chatting (scouse accents). Never been here before and were blown away by the stadium and the atmosphere outside before the game.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Talking to some toffees after the game and they were so impressed with GOSBTS. They said they felt the urge to join in. And their 12 year old said they need a great song like that. We're a bit of a surprise to the Prem aren't we!

I'm so proud of our anthem, because its unique to BHA and has true meaning and heritage.

Everton run out to the theme from Z-Cars. So does someone else (I forget who). Why ? Whats the connection between EFC and a naff old 60s cop show ? And don't even get me started on "Glad All Over".

We're fortunate to have such an iconic anthem, and one that the fans can belt out as well. Its bloody marvellous.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm so proud of our anthem, because its unique to BHA and has true meaning and heritage.

Everton run out to the theme from Z-Cars. So does someone else (I forget who). Why ? Whats the connection between EFC and a naff old 60s cop show ? And don't even get me started on "Glad All Over".

We're fortunate to have such an iconic anthem, and one that the fans can belt out as well. Its bloody marvellous.

Watford i think. No idea why though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here