Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BEST and the WORST places to live in Sussex...?

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Not many people live there that actually grew up in Lewes though, I find Lewes is full of people from London etc.
Nearby Kingston village is full of people from London.

My mate claims Lewes used to have big run down estates that had problems with crime and anti social behaviour does it still have that?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My mate claims Lewes used to have big run down estates that had problems with crime and anti social behaviour does it still have that?

I would say no to be fair.
I have never lived there but I do a fair bit of work in Lewes, also I have a son that goes to school there.

There are some estates but many houses are privately owned now, one estate called Landport did have a reputation I'm told, but I have worked there recently and it seemed very quiet during the day.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Bognor has some nice parts like Aldwick and Felpham, Peacehaven would get my vote as worse.

Can't say theres a best it depends on what you want and what time of your life you are in. Sussex is all good.

Littlehampton gets a bad press but the beaches and river are great and great for a young family. Brighton was fantastic when I was late teens and in my twenties clubbing all the time.

Agree Aldwick ,Pagham are very affluent nice areas to live .Bognor town or little Poland leaves a lot to be desired for sure.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Worst Crawley, Bognor, mousecoomb, white hawk woodingdean/ peacehaven/

Best Central Hove and the nice parts of chichester

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Shoreham is very good. Loads of pubs and restaurants. Buses every 10 minutes to Brighton and Worthing, a main train station to London, fairly flat, downs one side,sea on the other. Its got it all.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What's Bexhill-On-Sea like to live in? Asking for a friend. Any experience on here? Ta,

When we decided to relocate a couple of years ago we did a whole recce trip along that way. We weren't enamoured by Bexhill, can't really say why but next door in Little Common and Cooden were very nice. We would have gone to either of those but it was just too far away for us.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Best place : Bognor Regis - Nice parts to live like Aldwick, Craigweil and Rose Green, FREE seafront music festival (Rox), good non-league footy, Picturedrome Cinema tickets @ £2.50 etc etc
Worst Place : Bognor Regis - Town centre is lifeless and full of Cr*p shops, Canada Grove, We have a Pier that is falling into the sea, serious lack of investment etc etc

But the picturedrome (best place) is in Canada Grove (worst place)!

Bognor is sad though. SO much potential but successive generations of the small minded Bognor ruling class have failed to see past their own prejudices e.g. Stopping the Rox on the sea front.

Where I would love to live is in Oving. Purely because of the pub! Brews it's own
Beer, nice garden, good food and even the locals seem friendly!!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What's Bexhill-On-Sea like to live in? Asking for a friend. Any experience on here? Ta,

If your friend can remember when the wheel was invented, then they'll fit in :cool:

Seriously, it's a town for retirement, not much for the youngsters, I am referring to when I used to live there.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex

Bexhill can be a bit hit and miss. Great variety in housing stock. If budget allows, west of Collington station to Cooden Beach/Little Common is best and within walking distance of the sea/promenades is even better. The town centre, certainly in terms of eateries, has improved over the last couple of years and has a feel that it is on the up rather than stuck. The De La Warr is a focal point but we can go months without going though Billy Bragg and Stewart Lee are appearing shortly.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here