Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Concern

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Bang on, edna. May I just say that this is precisely the reason we should be laughing at them NOW and digging up some of their most arrogant and ignorant posts?

Teams who ''dice'' with Relegation every year and then survive by a ''change of manager'' to cover up for a ''failed recruitment manager'' in the first eventually go down. A good manager can keep teams up but if you should look to improve gradually. I am not saying teams need to hit dizzy heights because the smaller teams are unlikely to be able to nowadays with the disparity in wealth but their has to be an improvement year by year in the quality of players on the pitch.

Look at Wigan and Sunderland and Villa. They diced with Relegation for years and eventually went down. Contrast that with Stoke and West Brom who recruit gradually and gradually improve

I watched their game yesterday and you can't blame the manager. The players were awful individually. Really poor passing, lack of any urgency. They don't look like they are trying which is a disgrace. Especially when we all know Palace fans are the best fans in the league

I don't know, I thought the pass leading to the Burnley goal was excellent.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
I'm getting a little worried that some of our resident nigels have gone - I don't see any of them featuring smugly on here. It's a shame, because their usual posts are sorely missed. In the meantime, whilst we wait for them to find their way back on here, if we could all post some of their recent gems, I'm sure that will keep the hope in our hearts that they haven't died all in some freak accident involving paper clips and stationery:

I wonder if this gentleman is still chuckling at my "mind the gap" comment? :bigwave:

Look at you getting all billy big bollox! You want the truth? I find your comments f***ing hilarious!! We are 4 GAMES IN, there is a long way to go and you're only 4 points ahead of us.

I maintain what I have said in the past. Your squad does not posses the quality that we have, you can only dream of players like Sakho, Cabaye, Zaha or Benteke.

FDB has gone, it's harsh after yesterdays performance but it's prob the right decision. Woy will come in and grind out results, he knows this league and will get us back to the style we played under Allardyce and Pulis. I'm confident we have enough to survive.

You've set yourself up for a fall Simster old boy, you may be winning the battle but I doubt you will win the war. Don't forgot, you have Hemed, Murray and Baldock as your only strikers till January. You won at the weekend, (congrats) but one swallow doesn't make a summer.

I somehow think i'll be quoting this thread at the end of the season...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Look at you getting all billy big bollox!

blah blah 4 GAMES IN, blah blah long way to go blah blah you're only 4 points ahead of us.

SNIPYour squad does not posses the quality that we have, you can only dream of players like Sakho, Cabaye, Zaha or Benteke.

droan bore blah SNIPWoy will come in and grind out results, he knows this league and will get us back to the style we played under Allardyce and Pulis. I'm confident we have enough to survive.

droan whine

SNIP I somehow think i'll be quoting this thread at the end of the season...

Lovely stuff. Looking forward to it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Look at you getting all billy big bollox! You want the truth? I find your comments f***ing hilarious!! We are 4 GAMES IN, there is a long way to go and you're only 4 points ahead of us.

Hang on a minute. I'm pretty sure that you told us to judge your team after the Swansea game. You also proudly boasted how your team was light years ahead of us. Well...we have judged your team and it appears that you talk out your arse. Please don't try to move the goalposts. You were the one giving it the Billy Big Boll*cks and you're the one we're all laughing at now.

If you don't want threads like this then don't come trolling on here with all your misplaced hubris.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Hang on a minute. I'm pretty sure that you told us to judge your team after the Swansea game. You also proudly boasted how your team was light years ahead of us. Well...we have judged your team and it appears that you talk out your arse. Please don't try to move the goalposts. You were the one giving it the Billy Big Boll*cks and you're the one we're all laughing at now.

If you don't want threads like this then don't come trolling on here with all your misplaced hubris.

4 games pal. Do you think you will finish above us? Serious question.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nothing to say about your "judge us after Swansea" comment then? I believe that was game THREE, and your very own suggestion.

I'm glad you find us hilarious because you're an absolute laughing stock.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Nothing to say about your "judge us after Swansea" comment then?

I'm glad you find us hilarious because you're an absolute laughing stock.

I think you are as well. Deep down you know you're f*cked with that forward line so your trying to get your digs in now whilst we are struggling.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I maintain what I have said in the past. Your squad does not posses the quality that we have, you can only dream of players like Sakho, Cabaye, Zaha or Benteke.

FDB has gone, it's harsh after yesterdays performance but it's prob the right decision. Woy will come in and grind out results, he knows this league and will get us back to the style we played under Allardyce and Pulis. I'm confident we have enough to survive.

You've set yourself up for a fall Simster old boy, you may be winning the battle but I doubt you will win the war. Don't forgot, you have Hemed, Murray and Baldock as your only strikers till January. You won at the weekend, (congrats) but one swallow doesn't make a summer.

I somehow think i'll be quoting this thread at the end of the season...

Haven't you got a Palace board to be posting on today, or is it all quiet over there ? After all, pretty much business as usual for your lot isn't it ?

Player for player you may have a point as it happens, but you don't have a "team". You've got a collection of currently disinterested, demotivated individuals, no manager, a clueless chairman and clueless owners. None of which remotely apply to us. Big job for Roy or whoever takes over next for a few months to turn it around with the backdrop of the chairman/owners pulling the strings.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

We'd love a striker like Benteke for sure, but as for the other three, you're just showing your ignorance.

Dunk > Sakho, Gross > Cabaye, Knockaert = Zaha

Are you Paul Merson?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I don't know but I sure as hell didn't get all cocky and start posting on a Palace forum how your team would be in for a shock, how my team is soooo much better and that my team should be judged after the 3rd game. You've been found out matey. You clearly love supporting Palace but you've proven that you have nothing to offer but hot air when it comes to any analysis of your club. Hence this thread.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Haven't you got a Palace board to be posting on today, or is it all quiet over there ? After all, pretty much business as usual for your lot isn't it ?

Player for player you may have a point as it happens, but you don't have a "team". You've got a collection of currently disinterested, demotivated individuals, no manager, a clueless chairman and clueless owners. None of which remotely apply to us. Big job for Roy or whoever takes over next for a few months to turn it around with the backdrop of the chairman/owners pulling the strings.

If the new manager comes in and plays 4-3-3 we will be fine. Stoke took 3 points from their first 7 games last season and finished mid-table.

It's nothing to with the players being disinterested or demotivated, it was the 3-4-3 tactics that meant we lost our first 3. Yesterday when we changed to a 4 at the back we had 27 attempts to Burnley's 4.

You really are talking out your arse.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If the new manager comes in and plays 4-3-3 we will be fine. Stoke took 3 points from their first 7 games last season and finished mid-table.

It's nothing to with the players being disinterested or demotivated, it was the 3-4-3 tactics that meant we lost our first 3. Yesterday when we changed to a 4 at the back we had 27 attempts to Burnley's 4.

You really are talking out your arse.

This is all bollocks mate. You haven't a clue. You've proven that. It's just guesswork and you're not very lucky at guessing the correct answer. Why even bother trying to give us the benefit of your "expert" opinion?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think you are as well. Deep down you know you're f*cked with that forward line so your trying to get your digs in now whilst we are struggling.
We all wanted a striker, sure, but actually looking at some of the football in this division so far, coupled with the way Hemed has applied himself, I'm not entirely sure we absolutely need a striker now. It would be great of course, and if we got one I think we'd stay up comfortably. But let's be clear, we are NOT a laughing stock. In fact, only a moron would suggest otherwise. We have a manager who is unlikely to be fired even if we go down, we have a well balanced squad (aside from our striker deficiency), we have 2 local lads playing absolutely superbly, and we have done every bit as well as expected (City loss, expected, Leicester loss, slight disappointment, Watford draw, now looking like a great point, WBA win, enough said).

You sound like a soppy schoolboy with your feeble tit for tat. Your ground is horrific, your chairman is a laughing stock, and team is so shìt at the moment that it is breaking all the wrong records. You should probably suck it up instead of coming up with more insane drivel that is only going to make you look even more of a complete plum in the months to come.

You are indeed. Mind the gap on your way out. :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here