Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Lol. This is the chap who said that a leave vote would not see a depreciation of sterling. This is worth no more than a guess any of us could make.

I thought you Remainers worshipped experts,particularly economists working for the god,Osborne.:lolol:
Oh,did I mention the British Empire abolished slavery in 1834?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I believe Minford reasoned that the Liverpool dock workers were all out of work was because they meddled in business they don't understand. He's an avid anti-welfare campaigner and believes public service funding is too high. A nasty little shit.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Well obviously I don't take his view of economics very seriously but it was more the part when he claimed I said something about Latvia or Romania or both or something, that I was describing as gibberish. Something I never even mentioned.

I wasn't looking for a load of gobbledygook about Latvia I was merely pointing out the stupidity of saying a poster should/could/would be banned by a mod for using the phrase "windowlicker" and then in the same paragraph use the word "leftard" without a hint of irony. It just made him look like a bit of a prick is all. I didn't want an economics discussion, just wanted to flag that up.
Job done. Move along. Bzzzz. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Aaaah and there we have it, for someone that see's himself as a prominent player in this thread you lack the detail.

For the EU growth wrongly depicted as the UK's decline by [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] for period being discussed, Romania had the greatest % growth at 1.7% followed by Latvia 1.6% and Slovenia at 1.5%. (bake bean analogy)

No wonder you and @HerrTubthumper find the facts gibberish and very rarely post anything substantive.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jun/08/uk-economy-falls-to-bottom-of-eu-growth-league

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Aaaah and there we have it, for someone that see's himself as a prominent player in this thread you lack the detail.

For the EU growth wrongly depicted as the UK's decline by [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] for period being discussed, Romania had the greatest % growth at 1.7% followed by Latvia 1.6% and Slovenia at 1.5%. (bake bean analogy)

No wonder you and @HerrTubthumper find the facts gibberish and very rarely post anything substantive.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jun/08/uk-economy-falls-to-bottom-of-eu-growth-league[/QUOTE

Yes, yes you're mate was just saying that. What do you think of the word "tard" as an appropriate counter to the use of windowlicker?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You're completely missing my point. I wasn't involved in the Latvian discussion nor had I mentioned it.
Just go back and read the posts if it's confusing you.

Again nothing to say, YOU mentioned Latvia totally bemused why I originally mentioned Romania and Latvia, you found it gibberish because you have no idea of the detail of the economic data for that period, you and HT were too busy patting each other on the back.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Again nothing to say, YOU mentioned Latvia totally bemused why I originally mentioned Romania and Latvia, you found it gibberish because you have no idea of the detail of the economic data for that period, you and HT were too busy patting each other on the back.

Simply incorrect. I did not mention Latvia. Go back and read the posts again if you are uncertain. I never mentioned Latvia and you will not t be able to fInd a post before his where I have.
Anyway, I'm off out in search of food. In the meantime what do you think of the word "tard" as an appropriate response to "windowlicker"?
TBTC

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Well obviously I don't take his view of economics very seriously but it was more the part when he claimed I said something about Latvia or Romania or both or something, that I was describing as gibberish. Something I never even mentioned.

I wasn't looking for a load of gobbledygook about Latvia I was merely pointing out the stupidity of saying a poster should/could/would be banned by a mod for using the phrase "windowlicker" and then in the same paragraph use the word "leftard" without a hint of irony. It just made him look like a bit of a prick is all. I didn't want an economics discussion, just wanted to flag that up.
Job done. Move along. Bzzzz. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I take it back, you didnt comment directly about Latvia or anything in particular, which tends to be your style, but you did say gibberish which was a nod to the Romanian and Latvia growth statistics.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I take it back, you didnt comment directly about Latvia or anything in particular, which tends to be your style, but you did say gibberish which was a nod to the Romanian and Latvia growth statistics.

I don't think you understand things.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Come back Nibble.I'm sure you were not as silly as your alter ego.:lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You said those names didnt bother you before, now they are offensive.....make your mind up.
Of course i dont deny them, they are all true,why would i deny the truth?
The policy which increased the drowning of refugees and economic migrants by encouraging them to travel from safe Turkey to safe Greece was indeed moronic,(if you are going to claim this was some sort of well managed,level headed decision, you need your head tested)if you supported that policy you must ergo be a moron and be complicit in drowning people.Its the truth you Lily Allen types will just have to try and live with as you wash the blood off your hands,FYI crocodile tears works best i hear.
This thread is awash with hypocritical and lying remoaners........again another truth im not denying.
But i agree, unless i have missed it, Angela Merkel has not signed up to NSC and is not an interlocutor on this thread.

I notice you still dont deny you think most people arguing against the EU do it because they are using it as a cover for their deep distrust of foreigners.

I have dealt with this typical misreading about a million posts ago but you may have been in one of your frenzies at the time - enraged by gemen bitches perhaps - and missed it. Xenophobia and crude nationalism were certainly among the reasons people voted Leave - the Daily Express among others continue to make a living out of it - and politicians from Nigel Farage upwards have cynically traded on the unease people have in the presence of people talking, as they put it, jibber-jabber (in some cases I understand some of that unease btw, but I loathe the wholescale trading on it). You have previously explained that everyone you know entered the referendum period with an open mind and subsequently decided, after due consideration of issues such as sovereignty and democratic processes, to vote Leave. Some people did for sure. One of my closest friends (a person who has no problem with unlimited immigration as it happens) voted Out for those very reasons. But in my view vast numbers voted Leave for baser causes. You disagree.

Turning to Angela Merkel, if you think she is a murderer then your interpretation of the law is different to mine and to most of the civilised world's. You are incontinent in your use of insults - there are many examples of governments carrying out actions in good faith that have unintended consequencies but that doesn't make the thousands of politicians involved morons and murderers.

And finally, yes I do think it is offensive to scatter around the words you do. In part they are offensive because you intend them to be offensive. I am not actually concerned when they are directed at me because stuff like this rebounds on to the originator faster than a misdirected squash ball. (Actually, I say I don't mind but that's not quite true. I find the aggression of people such as you, Cunning Fergus and PPF depressing. You're not all the same person are you?)

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Hard Brexit 'offers £135bn annual boost' to economy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40972776

Removing all trade tariffs and barriers would help generate an annual £135bn uplift to the UK economy, according to a group of pro-Brexit economists.
A hard Brexit is "economically much superior to soft" argues Prof Patrick Minford, lead author of a report from Economists for Free Trade.
He says eliminating tariffs, either within free trade deals or unilaterally, would deliver huge gains.

#economicsuicide

Can it be quite clear that Minford is the man who said, whilst trying to persuade people to vote Leave before the referendum, that a removal of tariffs would lead to the 'virtual elimination' of British manufacturing but that this wasn't something that should worry us. The huge gains he talks about certainly wouldn't apply to the poor saps who work in British manufacturing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can it be quite clear that Minford is the man who said, whilst trying to persuade people to vote Leave before the referendum, that a removal of tariffs would lead to the 'virtual elimination' of British manufacturing but that this wasn't something that should worry us. The huge gains he talks about certainly wouldn't apply to the poor saps who work in British manufacturing.

Or any area which will be swamped with cheap imports. At the very least farmers and fishermen should be worried.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here