Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ashley Barnes to Palace (if no Babacar deal)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why would Burnley let him go? Don't see this happening.

£11m apparently.

If someone offered me £11m for Ashley Barnes, and I was safely in mid-table, I'd take it.

Can you imagine they sign him AND he then scores the goal to send us down at Selhurst?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
£11m apparently.

If someone offered me £11m for Ashley Barnes, and I was safely in mid-table, I'd take it.

Can you imagine they sign him AND he then scores the goal to send us down at Selhurst?

That sent a shudder down my spine. You have some very dark dreams. It's the cider.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
£11m apparently.

Yes, I'd thought of that but it was too EVIL a situation to process so I zapped it from my reality.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Strange one week linked with Chelsea next week Palace. Hopefully nothing more than a new Burnley contract

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He's that type of slow, non-tricksy winger that a few managers seem to really like - a la Dirk Kuyt, Jon Walters, James Milner, Gary Hart ..... basically David Beckham but without a stunning cross. I'm not a massive fan of them either but they do seem to keep some managers very happy

their team mates love having them around too. Work ethic, unselfish, passing to more gifted team mates, muck in with the midfield when needed and occasional but vital winning goals.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
£11m apparently.

Or he scores the own goal that sends them down.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If Burnley will let him go, why aren’t we after him? He gives us something we haven’t got. I will be very pissed off if he goes to Palace.

Seem to remember that Oscar wanted to keep him but the powers that be didn’t. Has he upset TB or PB at some stage? Barnes himself said he didn’t feel wanted here before he left. If Oscar wanted him why would he feel like that? Not sure some of the wanky fans who moaned at him during games would have swung him either.

If he’s not coming here I’d like to see him respond like Ian Chapman did when told Palace were after him. “**** off” was allegedly his response before he walked out of the room.

David Burke did the selling & buying. I'm not so sure Oscar had any choice.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I never really got ashley barnes. Mainly as he i saw him on the left wing - so not really his fault he was terrible at it.

Apparently he's better up front - i mostly saw him sitting on the ground moaning to the ref

*Cough* I think you'll find that it was the ref sitting on the ground whilst Ashley was moaning at him. :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
their team mates love having them around too. Work ethic, unselfish, passing to more gifted team mates, muck in with the midfield when needed and occasional but vital winning goals.

Some worldies too, Bournemouth away anyone?

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
£11m apparently.

Unlikely, unless he had scored his last goal 6 games previously :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here