Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings - Middlesbrough (a)

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
My marks watching on stream
Krul 6 Didn't he drop two crosses? But good turn onto post
Rosenior 7 thought he did well, back & forward in first start for while
Goldson 7 Defensively sound as usual, few passes went astray
Hunemeier 7.5 best of back four for me
Suttner 7 sound and looked to get forward when possible resulting in an assist
Knockaert 5 can only remember one decisive move from him, needs to distribute it quicker
Stephens 6.5 Decent half but not our best half collectively
Kayal 7.5 Bright from start, looks to get ball forward in good positions and important tackles when needed, needs to be in PL team
Skalak 6.5 started bright, looked up for it and got ball in from deep position but no pace and closed out quickly
Hemed 6 works like horse but no service hence no chances
Baldock 6 looked hungry but see above

Subs
Pröpper 7 busy always trying killer pass, up to speed with English game now
Izquierdo 7 looked hungry and doesn't hide, team looked brighter once he was on
Murray 6.5 Goalscorers knack of being in right place at right time, looked focus on the game which can't have been easy

CH 7 had us too pedestrian first half, subs changed game though.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Krul dude: 6
Those-senior moments: 3
Fools gold son, pure fools gold: 4
Huge ‘mare: 4
Sooty, Sweep, Sue & Matthew errr: 6
Not for lack of heart: 3
St. Stephen’s been dead for 2000 years. Old, Old Testament: 3
Okay ‘al give him this: 4
Skal ’lextric: 6
He’s off his meds: 4
Bald - OKAY? : 4

Propped us up: 7
Iz a queer one: 7
Time is Murray: 6

Cryptic.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I think the marks so far have generally been too low.

Kept one of the best teams in Championship on their own patch quiet for most of the game. Playing with a virtual reserve team.

Looked dangerous at times going forward at times too.

Knockaert and Hemed were disappointing, Baldock had moments though.

Krul 7 (I'm told he got a hand on that Troare shot, deserves a decent mark for that alone)

Rosenior 7
Uwe 7
Goldson 6
Suttner 7

Knockaert 5
Kayal 8
Stephens 7
Skalak 7

Hemed 5
Baldock 6

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was Knocky really that bad?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Was Knocky really that bad?

Yes. Even the smog monsters were agog at his over effort over substance. The ease has left his game... everything is rushed, frantically so.

He needs to chill the **** out.

I’m not questioning his heart, it’s anxiety I see in his game... it’s a great evil and one he needs to conquer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Watching on a stream.,

Krul 6 Competent but not much to do.
Rosenior 5 Showed he is over the top at this level.
Goldson 6 did all he needed but not much going forward
Hunemier 7 Good allround performance MOM
Suttner 6 OK both defending and getting forward
Knockaert 4 Poor
Stephens 6 Did what Stephens does rhe engine iof the team
Kayal 6 I expecfted more from him but he did ok
Skalak 5 Best thing he did was be subbed although unfortunate circumstances
Hemed 5 Offered nothing and no threat to them
Baldock 6 Plenty of effort but received no service or balls for him to chase

Subs

Propper 6.5 Good like for like sub but slightly better than DS
Izquierdo 6 Some good moments but very frustrating to watch.
Murray 6 Did what he was there for so a success,.

CH 5 Must do better tactically as he cannot rely on the get out of jail card in the 90th minute every game.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Looking at the highlights Baldock was absolutely fuming with Kayal over his decision to shoot instead of squaring the ball to him. Can’t say I blame him.

Saw that and completely disagree. There was no easy pass there that Baldock was insinuating there was. If Kayal tried to cross it would have been cleared and everyone would have said he should have shot. Baldock couldn't buy a goal.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I think almost every player would have shot in that spot.

Probably, but it was a tight angle and Sam was in a much better position to score. Kayal really should have squared it but it’s easy to say that in hindsight.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes. Even the smog monsters were agog at his over effort over substance. The ease has left his game... everything is rushed, frantically so.

He needs to chill the **** out.

I’m not questioning his heart, it’s anxiety I see in his game... it’s a great evil and one he needs to conquer.

I can’t imagine Knocky ever being chilled. He seems quite emotional and at times high maintenance.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I can’t imagine Knocky ever being chilled. He seems quite emotional and at times high maintenance.

Yes, he’s had a tough year off the pitch and he’s pretty volatile I guess. He’s so anxious to please - kind of like a puppy, and he clearly wants to make a telling contribution, he just looks tied in knots...

I guess in time he’ll relax back into his natural rhythm.

I’m not joking when I say; I think Kaz would have been a better option today. Oh well... that ship has sailed...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not IMO, just average. The issue being last year he was nearly always a 7 or 8 out of 10, this year he’s more 5 or 6 and occasionally a 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, but I don't think he is any worse, he still gives his all. There is just a chink out of his armour this year, it needs to be hammered back into position.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Saw that and completely disagree. There was no easy pass there that Baldock was insinuating there was. If Kayal tried to cross it would have been cleared and everyone would have said he should have shot. Baldock couldn't buy a goal.

Again, it’s all hindsight. Maybe Kayal could’ve passed or crossed the ball into the path of Baldock but he didn’t. It’s all ifs and but, but Baldock seemed to think Kayal could have done more :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

The anxiety thing is a great point, he really does try too hard, and is coming up against better players.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Again, it’s all hindsight. Maybe Kayal could’ve passed or crossed the ball into the path of Baldock but he didn’t. It’s all ifs and but, but Baldock seemed to think Kayal could have done more :shrug:

Hindsight! Was a moment in the second half Jose cut inside and shot, to the right of him, square, were two players to pass to, all on the 18 yard line, I thought he made a bad decision, but it happens.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
The anxiety thing is a great point, he really does try too hard, and is coming up against better players.

Yep - as someone who suffered from anixety problems myself... well it’s not good, it’s exhausting, you’re not living really... and it’s hugely detrimental in a professional sense, no matter how capable you are.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not IMO, just average. The issue being last year he was nearly always a 7 or 8 out of 10, this year he’s more 5 or 6 and occasionally a 7.

Personally I think he’s too predictable in the Prem. He always likes to take people on and last season he generally succeeded. This year he doesn’t. At WBA they had two or even three on him at times and he always tried to take them on and always lost the ball. Had he passed to a team mate he’d have dragged two or three out of position in the move. And if the opponents were never sure if he’d take them on or pass they’d think twice about doubling up on him so he’d have a bit more space and time. As it was they always knew what he’d do so acted accordingly. He needs to learn when to go and when to pass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here