Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is wrong with people ??

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Ok we didn't get the striker or strikers we all liked in this transfer window but come on how long did take us to get to the Premier League. Give the squad a chance don't write them off straight away, we scored for fun last season and look at are squad it's a marked improvement on last season, Brown could play upfront when fit and Isquierdo can play the fast striker type role we where apparently looking for.

Let's stop with the threads having ago at the clubs recruiting staff and especially Tony Bloom and enjoy are journey in the top flight.

Rome wasn't built in a day !!!

#Together

I'm normally an optimistic type but there is no disguising this is a massive recruitment failure. What if Hemed gets injured? We've sent Towell on loan. We still have to play the milk cup and FA cup, we have no strength in depth upfront.

CH will feel let down, he deserved a chance to give this a good go.

We should all be hoping the 23m is still on the table come Jan.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Based on we have players who have played and performed at the top level, they will adjust to the pace of the league and become better. Bearing in mind we had no Knocky or Jose for the first few games until Watford. I'm pretty sure Vokes and Barnes didn't have teams quaking in their boots but they kept Burnley up.

That's two strikers who stay on the park and aren't over 30. They also now have Chris Woods, another player who stays on the park and can score.

We have one fit striker. ONE!

That's a recipe for disaster.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I don't rate our strikers at all in the PL. I struggle to see where we will score enough goals to even be competitive.

I'm writing it off because one injury to Hemed and we have 0 strikers. If Hemed is the best striker we can put out on the park well, that says it all. He should be a handy sub coming off the bench, not one of the main strikers leading the line.

If Hemed is injured we switch to a Barcelona-esque front three of March, AK and IZq. Infact, always thought this would be the ideal formation if we want to deliver on the 'frightening pace' sound bite so loved by the pundits and fans.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If Hemed is injured we switch to a Barcelona-esque front three of March, AK and IZq. Infact, always thought this would be the ideal formation if we want to deliver on the 'frightening pace' sound bite so loved by the pundits and fans.

And they can all put the ball in the net, but Chris will really have to let them off the leash

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
People are paying good money to watch dross football?

If that actually is a question, the answer is 'no'. It is far from dross. We have had plnty of dross in the last 25 years and this isn't it.

Anyway, if people see themselves merely as consumers there are other clubs available to 'follow' if they don't like the BHA brand.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can't wait , makes staying in the top flight even more of a challenge and the players that we do have will have to work even harder for each other , love it , the only thing missing now is a moaning section at the Amex but we can't extend to 75k , i can almost hear the great escape music wafting slowly upwards in my ginger nut infested tea mug , bring it on .

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Usually an optimist but I expected this to be the case. We have a history of failing to bring in strikers be it of adequate quality or adequate quantity. It's a reoccurring theme every transfer window. I will back the team but it frustrates me that we've been promoted since April and the club have still not managed to add depth to our strike force.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I have to say that it has seemed all summer that we are not planning on hoofing it to the big man, or indeed expecting a cross between Ryan Giggs and Maradonna to run the length of the pitch and score. Yes, our pacy men will have to step up to become reliable goal scorers. But everyone will need to step up. That includes ourselves. Otherwise, one may as well curl up now in a soaking bed with a small bottle of barbiturates and half a bottle of vodka.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
3 games in, they haven't even finished the sound check.

It's this attitude is where we r today .terriers were ready and hit the ground running , us was ok we will be ok after the window don't matter the first three games . Well look now 7 points off Huddersfield can't score against ten men will never get a better chance to win a game , and Chris himself admiting that when he looked around at the bench no striker on it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Usually an optimist but I expected this to be the case. We have a history of failing to bring in strikers be it of adequate quality or adequate quantity. It's a reoccurring theme every transfer window. I will back the team but it frustrates me that we've been promoted since April and the club have still not managed to add depth to our strike force.

100% this. Frustrating but not the Armageddon some are predicting

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ok we didn't get the striker or strikers we all liked in this transfer window but come on how long did take us to get to the Premier League. Give the squad a chance don't write them off straight away, we scored for fun last season and look at are squad it's a marked improvement on last season, Brown could play upfront when fit and Isquierdo can play the fast striker type role we where apparently looking for.

Let's stop with the threads having ago at the clubs recruiting staff and especially Tony Bloom and enjoy are journey in the top flight.

Rome wasn't built in a day !!!

#Together

Oh lets stop questioning the club even though they have f@@ked up massively. Really, do one.

We've got three forwards. one who goes sick at every opportunity, one who is far too slow and one who is showing his age. We knew that, the club knew that. They f@@ked up. No amount of spin can get around it. Leys hope there's a forward in the stiffs worth playing.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
What is wrong with people?

I know. Using our last loan option for a third choice keeper is bonkers. Sack the board

el punal

The over reaction by many on here has been nothing short of a disgrace. Live in the real world where things go wrong all the time and review your priorities if you cannot cope with not signing a striker.

A sensible post at last. Three games into the season and, for whatever reason, unfortunate in not signing a striker has led to the "woe is me brigade" going into defeatist meltdown. Honestly, they make me puke! I don't think I've read so much anti-Albion crap since the Archer days. We've at last, after decades, reached the promised land of top tier football and yet many on this board act as if we've been relegated to the National League.

FFS!! Get a life and try and enjoy watching the Albion rather than whining about everything that doesn't go our way. :angry:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here