Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Too Hot To Sleep Thread

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Leading up to the summer of 2003, we bought a portable A/C unit for £120. When we do get these occasional +20c muggy nights, it's worth every penny.
Most of the time though, it's a flat surface to put stuff on

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Min temp 22.4c last night, back down below 20c already this evening

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have one of those Dyson laminar flow fan-free 'magic' fans. It was a present. I can't be arsed to use it, and in any case the noise keps me awake. My double glazing keeps the heat out, which is paradoxical, but nice. It hit 34 here in Fav yesterday. However,

You can't knock it. My back yard looks like the hanging gardens of babylon. Grapes, plums, asparagus, Echium, lawn, pond. I have been working at home this week (till 9.30 tonight so none of that 'oh yes, working is it, isn't it? bollocks' bollocks) and I am very grateful that I live here and that the weather is nice.:drink::clap:punk::bigwave:

Mind you, I have been sweating like a ******* and I absolutely ****ing stink. Its global warming and I blame, er, Cobyn. Was that a Haiku? :lolol:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Now that we have left the EU how come we are still getting their weather and is it free or do the taxpayers now have to pay for it?
These questions need answering.

The EU has never provided the sunshine... Europe on the other hand! :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Now that we have left the EU how come we are still getting their weather and is it free or do the taxpayers now have to pay for it?
These questions need answering.

Unfortunately, despite under producing, we have to give 60% of our decent summer weather to the EU. Despite being in the 'Remain' camp, I have major issues with this.

Under the terms of the Thatcher rebate, especially after the awful summer of 1985, we get a two weeks worth back. There are still a few days left.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Having enjoyed the cool winds, borne of fog, from the North Sea, the weather finally changed here today in N. Kent, with 30 degree temperatures instead of the lovely 22 that has prevailed. Bugger. Is it cool anywhere in the UK now?

(I too can bounce an old thread) :rolleyes:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Having enjoyed the cool winds, borne of fog, from the North Sea, the weather finally changed here today in N. Kent, with 30 degree temperatures instead of the lovely 22 that has prevailed. Bugger. Is it cool anywhere in the UK now?

(I too can bounce an old thread) :rolleyes:

Has been really difficult these past two weeks or so !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Be grateful you weren't trying to nap in Algeria:-

[tweet]1015213025387859968[/tweet]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Be grateful you weren't trying to nap in Algeria:-

[tweet]1015213025387859968[/tweet]

Blimey, that's 51 degrees in new money.

I spent a night on the edge of the Sahara once, ready for a dawn start. I was completely unable to sleep as the temp must have been in the 30s, I can't begin to imagine what 51 is like

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here