Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did we get what we deserved against Leicester?

Did we get what we deserved against Leicester?

• No, we were the better team for most of the game and deserved a point at least

Votes: 90 52.6%
  • Yes, miss your opportunities and you will get punished in this League

Votes: 81 47.4%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Two broad schools of thought - which one are you in?

I'm not sure the schools of thought are broad....rather narrow in fact....

I left just after the penalty miss. I mean save. I mean miss.

I thought we cut them apart at times, while they were pretty undestiguished.

However my view from the disabled section was reminiscent of my view at the old Withdean 'stadium'. In other words, frankly, it is no wonder people can have such vastly different opinions. Was it a killer pass or not? Who knows? My view was two dimensional. Why managers sit on the touchline and not up in the gods is a complete mystery to me. Roll on the next game when I shall be back up where I belong, and with an opinion that, even if absurd, contrary and rosy-tinty spectacular, will al least be informed. Yesterday's isn't - and the 15 seconds of lowlights on MOTD did not help.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly what I said goals change the approach. Knowing the way we play had Murray scored the penalty we would have sat back and defended for the rest of the game.

No, no it really isn't. You said:

I know that a goal changes the approach but their late goal would have still got them 3 points irrespective of the Bong missed header. I must admit I thought at the time the ref had blown for a foul but watching MOTD it didnt appear so. I thought that on balance of play we probably deserved a draw but it wasnt to be.

It wouldn't have. At 1-1 (ie if Bong had scored) we simplky would not have been stretched in the way we were with so many players committed forward. We'd have taken the draw.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Biggest crime, for me, wasn't the missed penalty. It was Izquierdo choosing to shoot when he an easy square pass to Gross (and possibly Murray too) who are/were far better placed to score.

Murray had a long chat with him after that.

Me too. And the fact there is one one these pretty much every week is really annoying me.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
It was actually very similar to the Everton away game - good/very good in the first half, then a self-inflicted error in second basic (Bong v Everton, Murray yesterday) then heads go down.

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Leicester’s keeper has frustrated so many teams this year. Us included. He’s the reason that they’ve picked us three points in so many games rather than one or none.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Thought we played pretty well yesterday. Izzy seemed a bit off and greedy but the rest coped quite well. We only lost the 2nd as we were chasing the game

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ryan was much the busier keeper :shrug:

Fail to take your chances, you get beat at this level. Penalty aside, did Schmeichal have to make more than two saves?

I was gutted we lost but have no complaints about it.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Goals win games.
Too many blanks this season, indicative of our lack of quality/ruthlessness in the final third. Ten 0-2 league defeats and 15 scoreless league games in total. Too much resting on Murray's shoulders and not enough contribution from other areas, particularly midfield.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tricky one. We weren't robbed by refereeing decisions. Although the assistant ref on the East side gave as poor a performance as I've ever seen, it didn't really cost us. And it's not like we battered them, hit the post loads, and got done to their one chance (reminds me of when we beat them away thanks to our one shot (Virgo) vs their 16).

We didn't take our chances, they took theirs, which is a pretty crucial part of football.

But while we weren't robbed, we did create the better chances in a fairly even game, and were a bit unlucky to be on the losing side. We deserved a point, but miss your opportunities and you will get punished in this League. Either poll option is reasonable.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Me too. And the fact there is one one these pretty much every week is really annoying me.
Locadia looks like he could be he type to always take the glory shot himself when others may be better placed too.
But there have also been times where no one takes the responsibility and they keep passing hoping someone will walk it in, and then lose possession without having had a shot at all. You can understand Izzy shooting, that's been going well recently. Locadia certainly wants to shoot. It's a fine balance, and they'll get it wrong sometimes.

Can’t vote in this poll as the arguments of both statements are valid

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You can understand Izzy shooting, that's been going well recently.

And Murray had already had two good chances that he put over and wide (one of which was taking a chance away from another player behind him (Locadia?) so it wouldn't have been a foregone conclusion he would have scored.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You think our formation at that point would have been the same if we were at 1-1 with seconds left ?????

Moreover the rest of the game would have been different. A restart as opposed to a goalkick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here