Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Warren Aspinall - “get in their faces”

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Get in their faces?

I think the best tactic would be to sit back and come away with a nice uneventful 0-2 loss and move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Get in their faces?

I think the best tactic would be to sit back and come away with a nice uneventful 0-2 loss and move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time Bruno got in someone's face, it cost us a 89th minute penalty and 2 hard earned points!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
It's not about personnel, it's how we play. How often have we seen Murray chasing down the keeper who easily passes round him to the backs as no one else is pressing them. Palace played like that against us, they gave Dunk & Duffy no time so they had no time to pick a pass. We stand off too much giving them time at the back & in midfield to put pressure on us, give any team time & eventually they'll find a way through, That's what Warren wants, put pressure as a unit not just some poor sod trying to do it on his own. Work as a unit, it's our only chance. Time to become the hunter, not the hunted.

As much as I do like Duffy blocking, and aerial presence outstanding. I really worry about his passing when under pressure.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As is often the case, Warren is spot on.

When it comes to the big boys, we are a LOVELY team to play against. Timid, pliant, worried, unadventurous, sitting back because "its a very, very difficult game", just happy to be there.

That mentality needs to change. Pronto.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As is often the case, Warren is spot on.

When it comes to the big boys, we are a LOVELY team to play against. Timid, pliant, worried, unadventurous, sitting back because "its a very, very difficult game", just happy to be there.

That mentality needs to change. Pronto.

With CH as manager how do you suggest that we should do that?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not going to happen though is it ?

We will defend for 70 mins creating just one chance ourselves before the inevitable happens. We will concede and it's game over. Not before Hughton makes a change with five minutes left on the clock. People are deluded if they think Hughton will change anything now.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I seem to remember that we were slightly more adventurous against Liverpool, and guess what they ripped us a new one, just saying. :shrug:

Sadly the players we have just aren't good enough. :down:

I'm still hoping for a lucky win on Saturday though. :thumbsup:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Warren is of course correct. There's never been a better time to play Chelsea. This is by no means a great Chelsea team compared to past years. They've had a wobble or two this season. Conte is under a bit of pressure after some below par performances. Wednesday could not have been better scripted for us. Delayed kick off, ET & Penalties, two sendings off, then with a quick turnaround to play Saturday lunchtime. Of course, there will be changes, but looking at the names from Wednesday, you would expect many to be involved tomorrow in some form, starting or not. Will they mentally be up for it tomorrow after such a quick turnaround and extended game Wednesday? 'Getting in their faces' right from he off would be the way to go. If it mentally rattles them, and we stick to a game plan and discipline, we *could* sneak something. Get in their faces, hurt them, rattle them, be nasty. If tomorrow means winning ugly, then so be it.

Whether we have the players to carry a 'nasty' gameplan out, is of course a fair question. Conte would whine afterwards about 'referees not giving his players protection' and all that. Whatever.....

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I concur.

We do seem rather polite... I'm not sure we've got a genuine in yer face type beyond Duffy... Murray perchance, but we're all a bit kind of sorry I tackled you there Pedro etc.
:lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just listened to Albion Unlimited and Warren was asked about the Chelsea game several times and over and over again he said “get in their faces”.

He is clearly right. But do we have enough players of this type? Can we properly do a job on them. Roar out from minute one and go at it? I really hope so.

Warren definitely wouldn't have written / said what you've put in the thread title. It would have been 'Get in there faces' without doubt.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here