Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilson Palacios to sign for the Albion??

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He's 30, and yes it would be a stunning signing.
Never say never I guess. We got Darren Bent this season after all and we couldn't afford him either.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Isn't he world football's player with the most folds in and around his head? If i was marking him for a corner, i'd shove the excess skin over his scalp, blinding him for around 30 seconds as he digs around to find where his eyes were beneath his flabby veil.
Still, i'd go for him if he was anywhere near as good as he was all those years ago. But for a reasonable fee and not crazy cash.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He's not had much in the way of action over the past couple of seasons, has he? If so, is it because of form or just being out of favour?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Two or Three years ago he would have been a promising signing however he has had little playing time and we dont want another Aquestian?
There will be many more match fit players available in the next week or so.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
This is certainly gathering pace. It does make me laugh when players of Palacios' quality are written off, it happened with Upson: 'too old...too slow' etc etc and he ended up as player of the season in his solitary full campaign with us. I'm not saying it will work out for certain, but for a struggling championship side, a player with proven premier league ability and experience like Palacios could be a very good move indeed.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Depends on how big of a pay drop he is prepared to take which in turn depends on how much he wants to play. The fact that negotiations between Stoke and the player to cancel his contract broke down would imply he is a money grabbing ###t, unlike of course most other professional footballers. Expect the wankers up the road to be linked soon.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If he refuses to take a deal to buy out his contract it would be in Stoke's interest to offload him to someone prepared to at least pay a proportion of his wages. Someone get Naylor on the case!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here