Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roast dinners?

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I like a proper roast dinner....but where do you find them these days? I wouldn't have time to cook one...and have never found a decent one in a pub/restaurant, that hasn't been near a microwave.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Usually one or two a month - it depends on when we do the shop as we'll then do a roast on the sunday after that. Usually chicken or pork, but I like a bit of beef (ooh err missus).
I'm quite easy though, as long as there's no marrow, sprouts, broad beans or cauliflower then i'll demolish the lot.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
As few as possible.

I was forced to eat roast dinner twice a week, every week for 23 years. I only enjoy my Christmas dinner now, and the odd carvery. Would rather have a curry.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
How many do you have a month?
Going back 20 years or so it was routine to have a splendid roasty with all the trimmings and boy they were wonderful.Times have changed and it seems roasty's are as rare as CMS's goals.

I tend to have two in a month now although not long ago it was nearer 1 every 3 months:)

Funnily enough I did a roast chicken yesterday, first one I've cooked for years. Damn good it was too, must do it more oftem, should be plenty left on the bird for sandwiches later, then to mske stock from the carcass.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Probably about one a month in the summer and two-three a month in the winter .

It was every Sunday when I was a lad sitting at the table with Mum , Dad and Sister with my Nan once every two weeks , listening to Jimmy Sa-VILE .

Mast be a similar age to me......the Sunday lunchtime quiz.....my dad shouting out the answers and '2 points to me' while I was almost gagging on the smell of overcooked vegetables. I think I became a very keen angler in my teens just to avoid having roast dinners.......

......but, just like the white or dark chocolate thread, I now cook one or two a month. Love a slow-roasted lamb or beef joint. Without boiled veg of course, and usually with garlicky mashed spuds.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Like some others on here, probably 2 or 3 a month in the winter, once a month in the summer as the BBQ gets wheeled out.

We usually alternate between chicken, beef, pork and a nice GAMMON joint. I'm amazed nobody has mentioned gammon, I bloody love that with a bit of english mustard. Any left over usually gets used either for my work sarnies, or a cheesy gammon bake with crispy breadcrumbs. You just can't beat a nice salty SWINE.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Mast be a similar age to me......the Sunday lunchtime quiz.....my dad shouting out the answers and '2 points to me' while I was almost gagging on the smell of overcooked vegetables. I think I became a very keen angler in my teens just to avoid having roast dinners.......

......but, just like the white or dark chocolate thread, I now cook one or two a month. Love a slow-roasted lamb or beef joint. Without boiled veg of course, and usually with garlicky mashed spuds.

Oh yes forgot the quiz :) , I reckon about the same age but I won't say on here :) , may be a bit younger as I had to go for the obligatory Sunday drive with the family and Nan . I did love the roasts , fortunately it wasn't overcooked so loved the brussels and swede etc .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here