Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Would be nice to sign his brother as well so we could have Timmy, Tammy, and Tomori

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
As if!

Good signing though if possible and would take Tomori back if he realises his role will be deep down the depth chart with our older full backs returning and all those CBs ahead of him. Was a tidy player in the middle at least and seems to fit in well.

Expect Chelsea would expect him to play though

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who was the last player to come through the youth ranks and be a first team regular at Chelsea?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Loftus-Cheek ?

I was thinking Lukaku but not sure he ever played for Chelsea and that he even came through their youth set up. Definitely one they let get away though. Seems they are on the verge of getting him back again.

Edit: just checked and he came ready made from Anderlecht, not through Chelsea youth

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Hardly a first team regular though, indeed he has hardly featured this season. I can't think of anyone since John Terry.

Suspect you're right on that one, although Ake played the other day, and continues to improve. Zouma has played a fair bit over the past season or two too, when not injured. By the law of averages, someone will make it through their youth set-up. The likes of Ake, Zouma, Tomori and Abraham look decent enough bets to feature.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Suspect you're right on that one, although Ake played the other day, and continues to improve. Zouma has played a fair bit over the past season or two too, when not injured. By the law of averages, someone will make it through their youth set-up. The likes of Ake, Zouma, Tomori and Abraham look decent enough bets to feature.

Zouma didn't come through their youth system

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Apologies for Daily Mail....but this was produced yesterday following fortunes of Chelsea FA Youth Cup winners.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo.../What-happened-Chelsea-Youth-Cup-winners.html

Some familiar names here.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Like so many others, I find it doubtful this was from the club. But I wouldn't be surprised if we were interested.

It's not unusual for promoted clubs to look at the better players in the division they're leaving. Especially when moving up to the premier league, because of the costs of buying established talent. I suspect we will be linked with a fair few of the better Championship players over the coming months. Probably some of the players from the relegated premier league clubs as well as the relegated teams try to reduce their wage bill.

Whether we're actually interested in any of them is another matter...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He looked very strong today. I didn't know he had such a physical presence to add to his finishing. I haven't seen many strikers who have challenged Dunk so well this season. He looks like he has the makings of an exceptional player. Whoever gets him on loan from Chelsea next year will be lucky whichever division they are in.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He looked very strong today. I didn't know he had such a physical presence to add to his finishing. I haven't seen many strikers who have challenged Dunk so well this season. He looks like he has the makings of an exceptional player. Whoever gets him on loan from Chelsea next year will be lucky whichever division they are in.

How was his finishing today against an out of sorts Albion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here