Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pat Bamford

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
That passage could also have been written about Vydra. One swallow a summer does not make.

That is true. But the passage could also apply to him. Unless it is the Messis of this world, predicting ability and how they fit in, is not an exact science, and one should not be dismissive. I trust the recruitment and management team, and IF they think PB is worth a punt, then that is good enough for me. But for all we know they may think the opposite.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Whilst you may be right, of course, the fact that he did score many goals in one championship season, suggest that he DOES have talent and might just need the right team,surroundings and careful management to get the best out of him. Might be worth a loan. know any club that fits the bill?

Yep, going out on loan all the time isn't his fault, looked a very good talent at boro, could do with some stability. People saying disruptive etc , not sure where they get from , unusually a very bright lad for a footballer if you do your research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Whilst you may be right, of course, the fact that he did score many goals in one championship season, suggest that he DOES have talent and might just need the right team,surroundings and careful management to get the best out of him. Might be worth a loan. know any club that fits the bill?

I'm with [MENTION=638]Bigtomfu[/MENTION] on this. Bamford is a legend in his own mind. He had once decent (not outstanding) season in a very good Boro side and since then nobody has been able to get anything out of him. Fairweather player, I'm not keen on him at all

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Paid too much too young. Another player ruined by Chelsea. He is a very rich young man with no need to apply himself or learn his trade.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm with [MENTION=638]Bigtomfu[/MENTION] on this. Bamford is a legend in his own mind. He had once decent (not outstanding) season in a very good Boro side and since then nobody has been able to get anything out of him. Fairweather player, I'm not keen on him at all

Yes, you could well be right. Time will tell. The fact that he has been on loan for years and no one has signed him, must say something, but then he has not played for CH yet . .

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yep, going out on loan all the time isn't his fault, looked a very good talent at boro, could do with some stability. People saying disruptive etc , not sure where they get from , unusually a very bright lad for a footballer if you do your research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, just looked. Bright lad which might have led to problems as he became frustrated, or may just be too big for his boots. Who knows?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

Yes, you could well be right. Time will tell. The fact that he has been on loan for years and no one has signed him, must say something, but then he has not played for CH yet . .

IMO I think we need something different to a Wilson/Bamford type scenario and would be better served going for a left field foreigner.

That having been said the one young Prem loanee that piques my interest is Chuba Akpom from Arsenal. Strong, quick and hungry. Wouldn't mind a look at him.

As for PB being disruptive I think that comes about purely for sulking when he hasn't got game time at Palace/Chelsea and now Burnley. Fine if he's 'hungry' but in interviews it's come across to me personally as arrogance fed by his agent.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Chelsea to Middlesbrough. Done deal

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rising to 10 million maybe

£5m up front with potentially an extra £7m in add-ons. Great deal for Boro, Pat Bamford already something of a hero up there.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Pat Bamford just been on Jim White TS show. Said there was plenty of Championship interest but he had to stay in the PL and he knows he can score goals at this level.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here