Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New kit - WHEN!?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Outside of the wonderful world of managerial speculation....

Why every season are we left waiting until the first game of pre-season for the kit to be launched as opposed to every other club in the land who seems to launch their's almost before the end of the proceeding season?

Seems to me that we are missing a crucial sales period as people plan their summer wardrobe, I'm on holiday in June and wanted to buy the new kit for my son to go away with. Now that we are down to a new kit every season effectively restricting our sales period given that we can only expect to sell in any volume at full price up to Christmas every year.

Barber has been so effective at everything else comercially, suprised we're missing this opportunity. Anyone got any idea at least as to when it is going to go on sale?

Outside of the wonderful world of managerial speculation....

Why every season are we left waiting until the first game of pre-season for the kit to be launched as opposed to every other club in the land who seems to launch their's almost before the end of the proceeding season?

Seems to me that we are missing a crucial sales period as people plan their summer wardrobe, I'm on holiday in June and wanted to buy the new kit for my son to go away with. Now that we are down to a new kit every season effectively restricting our sales period given that we can only expect to sell in any volume at full price up to Christmas every year.

Barber has been so effective at everything else comercially, suprised we're missing this opportunity. Anyone got any idea at least as to when it is going to go on sale?

Directly after they hold the big "clearance sale" for all remaining stock I should think.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Say it's July as it has been in the past - we are missing two potential months of full priced sales every season. Just don't get why it's so tricky to get the thing designed (hmm this year blue and white stripes or white and blue stripes!?), and produced in time for sale by end of May.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Say it's July as it has been in the past - we are missing two potential months of full priced sales every season. Just don't get why it's so tricky to get the thing designed (hmm this year blue and white stripes or white and blue stripes!?), and produced in time for sale by end of May.

Maybe Errea has an exclusivity clause in their contract?

I think there is a big clue on the front page of the website. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you will notice that Errea are still listed as an official club partner and Nike are not. When this logo changes, I recon the new kit is imminent.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nike has it's work cut out with the World Cup, wait till after then and they'll be able to concentrate on ironing on some American Express logos and Albion Lextra badges.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Are there really that many people stupid enough to buy a full priced kit!? Surely anyone with half a brain will wait anyway.

I think there are hundreds, possibly thousands who would. Not just at our club either, and especially for those with kids that want the new kit. Besides, shirts prices almost never change unless a new one is coming out very soon. The latest kit was only reduced once it was 100% confirmed that Errea would not be returning next season. I would bet that this next kit will be for two seasons and the price drop won't be until Christmas 2015 at the earliest.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would bet that this next kit will be for two seasons and the price drop won't be until Christmas 2015 at the earliest.

It has already been confirmed somewhere that we will be changing home kit every season under Nike.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why every season are we left waiting until the first game of pre-season for the kit to be launched as opposed to every other club in the land
Pretty sure we haven't been for the last two kits. I'm surprised how many people are desperate to find fault with the club at every slightest opportunity.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
All l know is ... I can remember Paul Barber being quoted somewhere, that the new kit would be available in time for everyone to purchase it in good time for their summer holidays this year. Make of that what you will.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Pretty sure we haven't been for the last two kits. I'm surprised how many people are desperate to find fault with the club at every slightest opportunity.

I'm not desperate mate, just frustrated I suppose. And find it strange that there is no communication as to when it will be available, as pretty sure they must know this now, even if they can't contractually showcase the design or put it on sale right now.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

You're right [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION], last withdean kit was worn last game of the previous season too.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not desperate mate, just frustrated I suppose. And find it strange that there is no communication as to when it will be available, as pretty sure they must know this now, even if they can't contractually showcase the design or put it on sale right now.

Have you asked anyone at the club? To be honest, there is probably a perfectly good reason for doing things the way they are done - it could be as simple as the details of Errea's contract.

The new/current kit went on sale on 6th July 2013. Say Errea had a one-year contract, then I reckon we'd see the kit in mid-June, ready for launch the first week of July. Might not be anything to do with that, but it's a theory...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Waiting for the new manager to be paraded in it around the Amex, part of his contract apparently

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here