Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Panto

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Remember when the London Palladium one was the one to see. Went once, Aladdin I think. Cilla Black and Leslie Crowther starred as I recall, and Basil Brush also featured. Sure that most of you can work out within a couple of years either side as to when that was :)

This years could be fun!

Playing at the stunning London Palladium over the 2017/2018 festive season is the UK’s favourite pantomime, Dick Whittington

Starring your returning favourites and some magical new faces including Julian Clary (Spirit of the Bells), musical theatre royalty Elaine Paige (Queen Rat), Ashley Banjo & Diversity, Paul Zerdin (Idle Jack), Nigel Havers (Captain Nigel), Gary Wilmot (Sarah the Cook) and direct from Half A Sixpence – Charlie Stemp as the title role of Dick Whittington.

Be carried away by the incredible characters and the gleeful drama as the determined Dick Whittington and his loyal cat take on the big city to find their fortune. *Be by Dick’s side as he comes face to face with the nasty King Rat (‘boo!’), and encourage poor Dick in his attempts to woo his beloved, the beguiling Alice (‘ahhh!’).*

Guaranteed to put a smile on your face, this lively and hilarious production features a bevy of fantastic songs, incredible outfits and out-of-this-world dancing.
A seasonal must-see for young and old, don’t miss your chance to visit the West End these holidays and put some sparkle in your Christmas celebrations.

PS. I remember pantos at the Hippodrome. Now they were good.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I predict that the bits with Diversity in will be really good. The bits with Gary Wilmot, not so much.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
This is a confusing post but you felt the need to say this so:

A: You're pissed and saw a thread which you had to comment on. Then realised you had no opinion on it.

B: You really hate pantomime. You despise it. But you're not sure why. However, some prick has started a thread about it so you need to point out that it's not for you without being offensive.

3. You haven't ever been to a pantomime and think that people will find this fact interesting.

D. There is no 4.

I'm confused.

The answer is D.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Remember when the London Palladium one was the one to see. Went once, Aladdin I think. Cilla Black and Leslie Crowther starred as I recall, and Basil Brush also featured. Sure that most of you can work out within a couple of years either side as to when that was :)

Born in '81 so i'll say the cup final year...2004

Could be a bit out there Paris.

Leslie Crowther died in 1996.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Playing at the stunning London Palladium over the 2017/2018 festive season is the UK’s favourite pantomime, Dick Whittington

Starring your returning favourites and some magical new faces including Julian Clary (Spirit of the Bells) – Charlie Stemp as the title role of Dick Whittington.

Strange casting. Surely it would have been more appropriate for Charlie Stemp to take the role of Spirit of the Bells and Julian Clary to take Dick?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I admit I haven't been to the panto in a while since they dropped them in Brighton, though I am glad that it's returned to the old Gardner arts, always had a soft spot for that theatre.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This year's panto set to be cancelled and we had a couple of stellar names rumoured to be up our sleeves.

:nono:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I've never been to panto......but I've been to the Dome when some has been eighties flamboyant singer come idiot called george o'dowd yawned his way through a traditional christmas cinderella thing.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've never been to panto......but I've been to the Dome when some has been eighties flamboyant singer come idiot called george o'dowd yawned his way through a traditional christmas cinderella thing.

You should go, they're really quite brilliant.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here