Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will our new Transfer Record be?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
We could get Tammy Abraham on loan which would save on any excessive amount for a big money striker.
I expect the biggest signing to be in midfield to support Stephens/Kayal.

However, if necessary I would pay £8 million to keep Dale Stephens.
So in effect he could become our most expensive signing without us ever knowing how much the club has had to pay him to stay.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How much would Llorente cost if Swansea get relegated, £5m?

Are you trying to get our forward lines combined age into the 100's?

I doubt £5m would get Leo back, absolutely no value in being the team holding Llorente's final contract.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Are you trying to get our forward lines combined age into the 100's?

I doubt £5m would get Leo back, absolutely no value in being the team holding Llorente's final contract.

He is scoring 1 in 3 in the Premier League, £5m looks like value to me.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Less than £10 million? Leo will probably be available for £7 million, maybe less but is he likely to score more goals than Murray? Defoe has had another good season and would probably be less although double the wages. Players from abroad are usually cheaper but obviously more of a gamble than a proven PL player.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new transfer record was around £12 million with overall spending around £30 million. The trouble is that you can't believe what you read in the papers regarding transfer fees. It can be reported at £12 million but actually only £8 million plus a load of add ons.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Well we were going to spend £8m on Pritchard last summer...
This surprising fact is relevant. Given that the PL riches are now a reality I think it is logical to expect at least one or two big money (£10m+) signings.

Wouldn't be surprised by a record at £15m+ as that is commonplace in the division we want to be able to stay in as comfortably as possible.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm a fan of the sturdy and reliable pro, but would be good to pepper the time with the youth and vibrancy that gives us a newfound edge, whilst also being a finer investment.
£10.9m will be the new record.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Which is why he won't go for £5m, £5m won't get you a League 1 forward.

They paid £5m for him and he is going into the last year of his contract, plus he probably has a relegation release clause.

He's 32 and has no resale value after his next contract, so £5m is probably about right.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Would definitely go for Tammy Abraham as a good future prospect. He reminds me so much of a young BZ.

But as for Jordan Rhodes?.........no thanks.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Southampton spent £14m on Gabbiadini, but arguably did better with undisclosed fee Nathan Redmond. 2014/15 most of their business was undisclosed fees, bringing in Tadic, Pelle, Mane and Long. They've rarely bought in big name stars, but they've clearly improved players like Redmond. Given their transfer turnarounds in recent years, a model we'll no doubt be looking to follow.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think it won't necessarily be a high transfer fee, it'll more be in the form of bigger wage increases for who we bring in than what we'd normally spend.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here