Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Enjoyed a peaceful ride round Newhaven - Lewes - Ditchling last night while the footie was on. Deserted roads, nice and warm still, and just the sound of the wheels humming along. It was like I was on my own little Moreno Argentin TDF style breakaway.

Even managed to ride the Beacon for the first time in over 20 years which I was chuffed with. Time of 8m 52s which I didn't think was too shabby for someone who is 43, 6ft, & the wrong side of 14.5st.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Enjoyed a peaceful ride round Newhaven - Lewes - Ditchling last night while the footie was on. Deserted roads, nice and warm still, and just the sound of the wheels humming along. It was like I was on my own little Moreno Argentin TDF style breakaway.

Even managed to ride the Beacon for the first time in over 20 years which I was chuffed with. Time of 8m 52s which I didn't think was too shabby for someone who is 43, 6ft, & the wrong side of 14.5st.

You rode your bike while England were in the semi final of a World Cup 😮

Did you record it to watch later or are you not a football fan?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Dont follow International football these days 1066...not watched any of the WC.

Fair enough, each to their own.

I reckon you've just missed one of the best tournaments in donkeys years there though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1018148124643217408[/tweet]

Boooo, that was a fun minute of 'doping' conspiracy

[tweet]1018188990443413504[/tweet]

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
[tweet]1018148124643217408[/tweet]

Boooo, that was a fun minute of 'doping' conspiracy

[tweet]1018188990443413504[/tweet]

To be fair, Dan Martin's win aside, that 1minute will have been the highlight of this TdF so far.

I'm not on Twatter, so I'm wondering, has there been a...Burghardt disrespected the fans...storm yet?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair, Dan Martin's win aside, that 1minute will have been the highlight of this TdF so far.

I'm not on Twatter, so I'm wondering, has there been a...Burghardt disrespected the fans...storm yet?

Not to my knowledge.

I'm not sure you get Twitter, it isn't like Facebook (which I'm not on) where you seem to get bombarded by all manor of shite, it's a lot more controllable.

I only follow about 100 people, no cyclists but plenty of cycling and football journalists, places like GCN (where this came from) some comedians and a little bit of politics, and that's it. Oh and of course 'women live longer' @Hadtwohurt. :bowdown:

Last edited:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Anyone else doing the AITC Brighton Breezy today? Just enough time to do the 110km and get back in time for the Final.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone else doing the AITC Brighton Breezy today? Just enough time to do the 110km and get back in time for the Final.

My holiday request for today, on Monday, was refused.
On Friday I was asked 'do you still want Sunday off' :lol:

I was going to do the sportive W/C final double with Jnr, but since then a mate has done the isle of Wight which Jnr now has an eye on for his inset day treat

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
DiJmcKOW4AAtWlv.jpg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Probably the most brutal and insane TDF stage I've witnessed for years. Absolute carnage from start to finish....loved it.

The photo of Majka getting run over by another rider was a great shot, but I cant seem to upload it on here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Twitter is your friend. :lol:

DiNOxXFXkAAdfqM.jpg

DiKf08iXcAIcV03.jpg

DiKLn3rXcAI5YnE.jpg

DiJ9IpQXkAAS_GR.jpg

DiNg1v_WsAATrXd.jpg

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
My holiday request for today, on Monday, was refused.
On Friday I was asked 'do you still want Sunday off' :lol:

I was going to do the sportive W/C final double with Jnr, but since then a mate has done the isle of Wight which Jnr now has an eye on for his inset day treat

was another great ride, pretty hot out there though, everyone was back by just after 3.00pm so everyone should have been able to see the final. Found out that there were plans to postpone it till Sept had England got to the final. If anyone hasn't done this ride, its well worth it, Its the old Brighton CTC Brighton Breezy, and CTC still basically run it. Great cause, great route.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Seems like the thread for me, however it could be the case of new kid in the class so no one may be willing to offer any advice.

I have been roped in to do a 46 mile bike ride for charity at the end of september, I also thought it might be a decent way to loose the beer belly I have aquired over the last few months.

So Saturday I set out on a 20 mile bike ride, all was fine for the first 15 miles, but the final 5 I was in so much pain in my right arse cheek, I had padded cycling shorts and I was trying to rest it by standing every few miles or so, But it killed any enjoyment I had. Now that isnt even half of the distance I need to travel.

Any advice for a newbie on what might be the cause or is it a matter of sucking it up and pushing on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here