Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Scariest Films

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Wizard of Oz. When I was about 10 so shit scared walked out half way through, been shit scared of Witches ever since.My mother had a go at me for wasting one & six pence.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The Human Centipede - Not scary as such, but disturbing. I saw it once and can't bring myself to watch it again.

As for scary characters, this is the daddy:

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 14.32.17.png

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Sinister was quite good as a recent horror.

I do generally find most horrors boring. I am not into the supernatural and my misses likes the Saw type films with a mad man on the loose killing.

Hush as also quite good.

As a 9 year old IT was good.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
The Hand starring Peter Lorre frightened me to death but I was just a kid who shouldn't have been watching.
In Adult life, The Excorcist did it for me.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I watched The Mist a few weeks back and the film as many do , centered around horrible creatures trying to eat humans , it was watchable and to be frank not that scary at all until BAM the ending , which is a total mind wobbler ,and it actually made me feel a little sick , just wasn't expecting a ending as brilliant (so to speak ) as that in what was before hand a pretty ordinary film .

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I found Hereditary very disappointing. I'd expected it to be really good, but it was formulaic and dull.

Recent scary films that I would recommend - Hush is great, The Invitation is quite chilling.

A Cabin in the Woods was a darkly amusing take on the genre.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I found Hereditary very disappointing. I'd expected it to be really good, but it was formulaic and dull.

Recent scary films that I would recommend - Hush is great, The Invitation is quite chilling.

A Cabin in the Woods was a darkly amusing take on the genre.

Oh yeah. Good one. I think I even said something along the lines of “it wasn’t as good as the invitation” to my girlfriend on the way home from the cinema today. We both thought it (Hereditary) was ok but not up to the hype. Worth a watch though. I liked that it was quite slow and the soundtrack that sounds like someone is having a rave a few streets away and that you can hear it in the background while watching the film. Took me a while to work out that was actually in the film. That was creepy.

Also thought the cast was good.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
PIN

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Wickerman and Village of the damned I found quite scary at the time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think The Wickerman is up there as one of the worst films ever made. It gets a 1/10 simply because we get to see Britt Eklunds tits - in the original.
And Bill - surprised at you.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Up the ante. I saw Threads when I was about 9 years old. At the time there was a serious chance of the cold war escalating to...... well, what happened in Threads.

It was on TV and my mum said that I could watch it because it was important that I understood the reality of what was happening in the world and the possible consequences. She had no idea how horrific it was actually going to be.

It scared the living f##k out of me. But on the positive side, I've never really been scared by a film since.

Scared the bjesus out of me too, particularly as Walkley was obliterated in the first couple of seconds after detonation!

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
I found The Truman Show really disturbing, the thought that a company could control every aspect of an individual's existence for the sake of television ratings still freaks me out.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It Follows

I found this to be one of my favorite scary films, there is something about the way it delivers it's scary moments which is really intense.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh yeah. Good one. I think I even said something along the lines of “it wasn’t as good as the invitation” to my girlfriend on the way home from the cinema today. We both thought it (Hereditary) was ok but not up to the hype. Worth a watch though. I liked that it was quite slow and the soundtrack that sounds like someone is having a rave a few streets away and that you can hear it in the background while watching the film. Took me a while to work out that was actually in the film. That was creepy.

Also thought the cast was good.

I thought it was good up until the last 30 minutes but I didn't get the ending at all. There were some memorable moments and one scene early on that totally took me by surprise but overall it wasn't helped by all the hype. Still glad I saw it though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here