Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Still on the crocks bench here with piriformis syndrome. Not run for about 8 weeks, SDW100 plans binned. Seems to be a typical 3-6 month recovery, would hope to be near the shorter end of that.....went for acupuncture this week which has resulted in a very obvious improvement(have tried this in the past for other injuries, has always helped, sometimes massively). Trying not to lose too much base fitness by using the elliptical trainer now and again but it’s very boring and not as effective. Jealous of all of you, especially those getting bored/drained by long distance training........would love to be doing back to back 4-5 hour efforts every weekend (as I would be if I wasn’t crocked) !

Get well soon mate. I totally understand the frustration. Piriformis sounds nasty, one of the guys I met before Brighton from our Facebook running group had an attack during the race and was a total mess at the end.

That's pretty decent! Like I say, I wouldn't be able to do it – you've seen me pace around Hove Park and that's only 1km splits to worry about...

At least you had nice weather :shrug:

This evening I decided to do a warm up then three quicker evenly paced miles. I hit 8.10 / 8.12 / 8.04 and didn't have to wait for anyone at the Lagoon when I was done :p

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Get well soon mate. I totally understand the frustration. Piriformis sounds nasty, one of the guys I met before Brighton from our Facebook running group had an attack during the race and was a total mess at the end.

This evening I decided to do a warm up then three quicker evenly paced miles. I hit 8.10 / 8.12 / 8.04 and didn't have to wait for anyone at the Lagoon when I was done :p

Thanks....it’s literally a pain in the arse. Walking, standing, elliptical, cycling all painless. Only sitting (inc driving) and running hurt. Oh, and tying shoelaces etc.

Schoolboy error on my part (if it’s a useful lesson for anyone else). Niggle started on the day before the Southend marathon.......nah, it’ll be alright, doesn’t hurt much etc etc......probably turned a 3 day niggle into a 3 month issue by doing the race. ****.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thanks....it’s literally a pain in the arse. Walking, standing, elliptical, cycling all painless. Only sitting (inc driving) and running hurt. Oh, and tying shoelaces etc.

Schoolboy error on my part (if it’s a useful lesson for anyone else). Niggle started on the day before the Southend marathon.......nah, it’ll be alright, doesn’t hurt much etc etc......probably turned a 3 day niggle into a 3 month issue by doing the race. ****.

At least you got to spend hours running up and down a pier....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Learnt from another thread that if you click Replies next to each thread on the Index Page you get the number of replies by each individual poster. So for this Thread click Replies 13,884.

Some tw*t at the top is now on 1,995 posts. Now some of those are from organising the first NSC Challenges, then The weakest Link Relay teams and then the editing of the table. My quad stretch for knee problems has probably reached double figure posting.

Allowing for all this and a rare relevant post there must be at least 1,500 posts about complete bollocks.........

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Learnt from another thread that if you click Replies next to each thread on the Index Page you get the number of replies by each individual poster. So for this Thread click Replies 13,884.

Some tw*t at the top is now on 1,995 posts. Now some of those are from organising the first NSC Challenges, then The weakest Link Relay teams and then the editing of the table. My quad stretch for knee problems has probably reached double figure posting.

Allowing for all this and a rare relevant post there must be at least 1,500 posts about complete bollocks.........

Ha ha! I seem to be clearly in Bronze medal position. Out of my 5,269 posts, 939 are in here! That's a lot of twaddle typed!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Ha ha! I seem to be clearly in Bronze medal position. Out of my 5,269 posts, 939 are in here! That's a lot of twaddle typed!

... and now we know who the real running nerds are! :p

... [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] should be along any moment now...

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
A respectable seventh place for me but watch out [MENTION=635]Gary Nelson[/MENTION]’s teacher I’m coming for you with a knocky1 style late sprint.

Looking down the list, where is the scarlet pimpernel aka [MENTION=30744]Pembury[/MENTION] - gone very quiet?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A mere 75 (now 76) posts for me. Must try harder.

Meanwhile, I'm off to collect my bib for Sunday's marathon later. I can't believe the big day is almost here. 18 weeks of solid training and I'm feeling in good shape. Just hoping everything goes to plan on Sunday.

Forecast of cloudy and 10 degrees. I'll take that!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Meanwhile, I'm off to collect my bib for Sunday's marathon later. I can't believe the big day is almost here. 18 weeks of solid training and I'm feeling in good shape. Just hoping everything goes to plan on Sunday.

Good luck. Is sub 3 hours a possibilty? If so, wish you even more luck!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Good luck. Is sub 3 hours a possibilty? If so, wish you even more luck!

Thank you! No, I don't think I've done enough miles to go for sub 3. I'm looking at 3.10 - 3.15, hoping to keep my pace around 4.30/km.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

Good luck, expect you’ll be feeling super excited by this stage.

Conditions sound perfect, just don’t get carried away - run to your plan!

Remind us - which Marathon is it?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Good luck, expect you’ll be feeling super excited by this stage.

Conditions sound perfect, just don’t get carried away - run to your plan!

Remind us - which Marathon is it?

Thanks. Yes, I've got that mixture of excitement and nerves.

It's the Mississauga Marathon (just outside Toronto). It's downhill at the start, so I really need to be careful not to go off too quickly!

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Thanks. Yes, I've got that mixture of excitement and nerves.

It's the Mississauga Marathon (just outside Toronto). It's downhill at the start, so I really need to be careful not to go off too quickly!

ah I know Mississauga - used to visit the GlaxoSmithKline factory there periodically - got hopelessly lost trying to find my hotel on the way back from Niagara once!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well Baldock hasn't been playing :whistle::lolol:

:cheers: :ascarf:

... but he's sitting on a 3 year contract. :down:

My groin feels almost entirely healed now, I'm going to start attacking the parkruns again very soon - I have my eye on the podium in our league table. I think I'm 5th at the moment, which is upsetting given one of those fellas above me is he of the significant 'sack.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
ah I know Mississauga - used to visit the GlaxoSmithKline factory there periodically - got hopelessly lost trying to find my hotel on the way back from Niagara once!

You probably know Mississauga better than me. I've only ever been to the airport there!

:cheers: :ascarf:

... but he's sitting on a 3 year contract. :down:

My groin feels almost entirely healed now, I'm going to start attacking the parkruns again very soon - I have my eye on the podium in our league table. I think I'm 5th at the moment, which is upsetting given one of those fellas above me is he of the significant 'sack.

Once the marathon is out of the way I'll be all over this 5k competition. Gunning for a podium too :thumbsup:

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012

Best of luck for Sunday, the weather sounds perfect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here