Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
my-husband-and-i-enjoyed.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And there your argument all falls down.

Crisp pastry in a pie? It's not a biscuit.

It doesnt bcause obviously you do not have proper homemade pastry as your mum used to make. The top crust should be just that a crust and the bottome part in which the meat stands and covers the bottom of the baking tin should be soft and pliable.

Last edited:

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
It doesnt bcause obviously you do not have proper homemade pastry as you mum used to make. The top crust should be just that a crust and the bottome part in which the meat stands and covers the bottom of the baking tin should be soft and pliable.

Then maybe the Amex catering staff are not finishing the process correctly in some stands as the opinion differs here.

I do strongly suggest you try the sausage rolls though, if you like plenty of sausage you will insert this into your mouth.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There you go finish cooking but what about the chicken ones, as chicken should NEVER be part cooked and if to be reheated done so very quickly this is as per the EHO.

Jesus wept. It's. Absolutely. Incredible. Trying. To. Get. Through.

I'll explain slowly. For someone who spent so long in the catering trade, you are being somewhat obtuse. The filling is cooked for as long as it need to be - in the case of the steak or chili con carne for example, it's as much as five hours. However...

The pastry is part-cooked. THE PASTRY. :facepalm:

A suggestion - call up Piglet's and ask for a tour of the factory. THEN you can comment. Until then...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Then maybe the Amex catering staff are not finishing the process correctly in some stands as the opinion differs here.

I do strongly suggest you try the sausage rolls though, if you like plenty of sausage you will insert this into your mouth.

I must ask her that has to be obeyed not to make me my usual halftime sandwich provided that I can buy 1 in Lower West. Just to be on the safe side I will need to take a pork pie with me just in case they are not available or sold out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jesus wept. It's. Absolutely. Incredible.

The pastry is part-cooked. THE PASTRY. :facepalm:

A suggestion - call up Piglet's and ask for a tour of the factory. THEN you can comment. Until then...

How do you part cook the pastry and not the meat inside unless of course the meat is added to a part cooked pastry case. They are stil nowhere near as good as Bangers in Baker St IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here