Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Easter Bunny CD 2015

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also, I would suggest Pearl Jam are very SIMILAR to the bands I listed, not just "influencers".

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Ok time for my review -

Lonley Road - Everlast -Superb, I've always enjoyed Everlast and this is up there with my favourite tracks of his.

Turn Your Lights On - Everlast - Not as good as the previous track but still very enjoyable.

.....and I saw him in Bristol not 2 days ago......awesome gig at the Thekla....a boat in the harbour.

Nice review sir, I have to say though that I am Kloot is a bit marmite...in my case I bloody love everything they do.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Also, I would suggest Pearl Jam are very SIMILAR to the bands I listed, not just "influencers".

Well, I guess so, but most would say that those others 'are similar to Pearl Jam', rather than putting it that way round. TEN was released in 1991. Nickelback, Creed and Puddle of Mud all formed after that, and rode the commercial-grunge gravy train, that Nirvana and Pearl Jam had started. What can the original band do, to stop copycats?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well, I guess so, but most would say that those others 'are similar to Pearl Jam', rather than putting it that way round. TEN was released in 1991. Nickelback, Creed and Puddle of Mud all formed after that, and rode the commercial-grunge gravy train, that Nirvana and Pearl Jam had started. What can the original band do, to stop copycats?

Well true, as in, Pearl Jam are a BIT shit, and these other bands after are REALLY shit. I like Pearl Jam's music (Evenflow is a tune) but just can't be doing with his macho vocals.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Perhaps Jo Jo can ping the miscreants.....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Right, my review:

The CD is titled Stars IN Stripes, and the artwork (to follow) features a pretty good photoshop job of an Albion team, with all of the players heads replaced by pop stars. I spot a couple of Steps, Kylie, a few others I recognise.

Onto the tracklisting - I was determined to listen to every song ALL THE WAY THROUGH, and this is as much a review as an update on my psychological condition during the CD.

1. S Club 7 - Reach For The Stars - This song genuinely hurts my ears.

2. Wham! - Club Tropicana - Groovy. Bit greasy.

3. Salt'n'Pepa - Push It - Sort of a classic of it's genre. Not a bad song.

4. Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now - Chorus is sort of alright. Erm...music video looks like it cost roughly £27.50.

5. Kylie & Jason - Especially For You - It's a song. I can at least say that for it. It is technically a song.

6. Owen Paul - Favourite Waste Of Time - Wonder if with this title the Bunny is trying to say something to me? Probably one of the better songs.

7. H & Claire - Half A Heart - My wife's biggest guilty pleasure is Steps so she was happy to see this turn up. Starting to feel a bit odd from all of this pop.

8. B*witched - C'est La Vie - Fun, innit? (I really want to kill myself now). I think this is lowest I have been when listening to music in a long time. I can't take this.

9. Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart - I've almost come out of the other side. This is like a spiritual experience now. I've let go, and I'm floating. I have a blissful, lobotomised expression on my face. Nothing matters anymore.

10. Meatloaf - I Would Do Anything For Love - I made it. I MADE IT.

I might've been slightly over harsh on my Bunny, partly due to the fact I've now gotten two CDs that weren't really to my taste/seemed rushed when I see so many fascinating-sounding CDs reviewed on here/worked so so hard on my own CD tracklistings. Sorry for being a bit bitter.

A POSITIVE about this CD is to review it I watched a lot of the song videos on YouTube. Very entertaining. I'd forgotten exactly how slick the late 80s/early 90s were.

No idea whatsoever who the Bunny is. Someone who doesn't like me, perhaps? Well certainly not now. Haha.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Right, my review:

The CD is titled Stars IN Stripes, and the artwork (to follow) features a pretty good photoshop job of an Albion team, with all of the players heads replaced by pop stars. I spot a couple of Steps, Kylie, a few others I recognise.

Onto the tracklisting - I was determined to listen to every song ALL THE WAY THROUGH, and this is as much a review as an update on my psychological condition during the CD.

4. Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now - Chorus is sort of alright. Erm...music video looks like it cost roughly £27.50.

5. Kylie & Jason - Especially For You - It's a song. I can at least say that for it. It is technically a song.

6. Owen Paul - Favourite Waste Of Time - Wonder if with this title the Bunny is trying to say something to me? Probably one of the better songs.

7. H & Claire - Half A Heart - My wife's biggest guilty pleasure is Steps so she was happy to see this turn up. Starting to feel a bit odd from all of this pop.

8. B*witched - C'est La Vie - Fun, innit? (I really want to kill myself now). I think this is lowest I have been when listening to music in a long time. I can't take this.

9. Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart - I've almost come out of the other side. This is like a spiritual experience now. I've let go, and I'm floating. I have a blissful, lobotomised expression on my face. Nothing matters anymore.

I might've been slightly over harsh on my Bunny, partly due to the fact I've now gotten two CDs that weren't really to my taste/seemed rushed when I see so many fascinating-sounding CDs reviewed on here/worked so so hard on my own CD tracklistings. Sorry for being a bit bitter.

A POSITIVE about this CD is to review it I watched a lot of the song videos on YouTube. Very entertaining. I'd forgotten exactly how slick the late 80s/early 90s were.

No idea whatsoever who the Bunny is. Someone who doesn't like me, perhaps? Well certainly not now. Haha.

The Guantanamo playlist.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Right, my review:

The worst track listing so far.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Right, my review:

Ummm. Terrific review and that. Especially the 'determined to listen all the way through' bit. Loving the updates on your 'psychological state'.

Now put the cd into your player and actually listen to it.

(If you pop open the back part of the jewel case, and remove that track list, you'll reveal the real one, btw...)

:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here