NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Top work, well done to all involved.

I was suddenly reminded of this

images

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Enjoy watching people in distress do you?

I can't see anyone in distress.

I wouldn't say I would enjoy seeing a crash, far from it, and hope they land safely. However, there is something quite captivating about a drama/trauma/disaster.

I take it you watch the news or something like Crimewatch. Those programmes are littered with human suffering. I can't say I enjoy watching those parts.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Those poor sods have spent longer in the Peacehaven/Newhaven area than anyone should ever have to. It's clearly going to take them some time to recover.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
When you see this huge monster flying over head, as I did, full of real people, it is frightening and suddenly a plane crash means death to people you seem to know.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The news are milking this lol

This happens dozens of times a day around the world.

Not according to the BA (I think) pilot they have on Sky News it doesn't. He described it as a pretty rare occurrence.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Yes, well done to the crew. I was following this on a combination of NSC and flight radar from the other side of the Atlantic. I'm flying back home with Virgin in a week's time and am glad that I'll be in safe hands with them.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The news are milking this lol

This happens dozens of times a day around the world.

Unexpected incidents of this kind DO happen quite a lot, but this one was definitely towards the more extreme end of the scale. The jettisoning of so much fuel, the prolongued re-routing and the multiple landing attempts indicate that.

A massive well done to all involved for bringing this one to a safe conclusion.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Those poor sods have spent longer in the Peacehaven/Newhaven area than anyone should ever have to. It's clearly going to take them some time to recover.

Thankfully I live in Telscombe Cliffs, far more up market than those Peacehaven new builds ;) :p

Got a pretty cool photo of it above my house!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sky talking to a passenger on the plane now. Praising the professionalism and calmness of the crew. :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here